Is getting Final Fantasy XIII worth it?

Eh, I hope you enjoy it. And... I can understand someone not loving it. It's not for everyone. But yeah, everyone should at least try something along these lines before casually tossing it out.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plot is decent, characters are decent for the most part but Vanille and Hope will grind on you. Which sucks because there's a portion of the Pulse Vestige where they're together and they both suck at the time.

But then again, Sazh exists and Sazh is one of the best fleshed out FF characters of all time. Seriously. The only ones that come close to matching his depth in personality are Cecil (4), Celes (6), Barret (7), Vivi (9) and Wakka (10). Those 5 characters all undergo complete mindset changes due to personal events that happen (I'm talking on a level deeper than "let's go save the world") and Sazh is all that and more. Not to mention that Sazh has one of the coolest weapons in all of FF history (Lulu's dolls and Wakka's Blitzballs do come close though).

Oh and gameplay is quite underrated.

Edited by Kitty Admiral

Got it today! And I'm on ch.2. My big brother keeps on groaning everytime there's a cut-scene. I don't mind the cut-scenes really, I kinda like them. I like the game so far, it feels great to be playing it instead of watching it on youtube.

So Blademaster do you want me to copy and paste the humongous walls of text I posted on SoS that explained clearly how baseless your opinions are or should I just tell FE fan over here he'll have the easiest time deciding if he ignores your post and goes back to having real feedback?

I need to pay better attention to where I post stuff... And by wall of text, do you mean that post you made where you just put your fingers in your ears, ignored everything I had to say, and then claimed I had said nothing and didn't play the game when I clearly did?

Is it so wrong to give my opinion of the game? To stop doing something if it isn't enjoyable? To explain that you stopped doing something because it was not enjoyable? If someone asks me for what my opinion of FF13 is, I'll tell them exactly what it is. It's one of two video games I've never been able to finish (the other being Phantom Hour glass) because the beginning of the game was so bad, that I just couldn't stomach the rest of it. That the gameplay, music, and characters were terrible when compared to other FF greats. That it was a let down, with the only upsides being the graphics.

Seriously, if it was wrong to have an opinion like mine, then game developers wouldn't bother making demos or trailers for their games. So that players could play/see a small portion of the game and decide whether they like it and want to continue playing it.

Oh look, SeverIan just said he wasn't going to give a review for a game he never played and politely left. Why can't you do the same?

The difference here is that, as much as you want to deny it, I did play FF13. And from what I played, I thought it was so terrible and such a disappointment that I just couldn't play it anymore.

What if he gets FFXIII and enjoys it?

Then he enjoys it, and such seems to be the case at the moment. He asked for opinions, and I gave him mine, which is find a better FF game to play if he wants to play an FF game.

And as we all should know, when it comes to opinions,

130413963136.jpg

Edited by Blademaster!

Got it today! And I'm on ch.2. My big brother keeps on groaning everytime there's a cut-scene. I don't mind the cut-scenes really, I kinda like them. I like the game so far, it feels great to be playing it instead of watching it on youtube.

I can't imagine what he'd be like with MGS4.

Just a warning there's a place called the Vile Peaks which is boring as hell but it does pick up a fair bit after you get through it.

Oh and I hope you like the scenes where somebody is being a huge idiot because there certainly are a lot of those.

I can't imagine what he'd be like with MGS4.

Just a warning there's a place called the Vile Peaks which is boring as hell but it does pick up a fair bit after you get through it.

Oh and I hope you like the scenes where somebody is being a huge idiot because there certainly are a lot of those.

Dohohohoho.

Dohohohoho.

I mean, mike is not one for subtlety that's really to my taste any longer, so I usually don't bother to read his posts. But I know he doesn't mind, he has a larger audience than Sevvy-poo to worry about now.

Blademaster that was one of the most inane posts I've ever seen, someone get this man an award.

A wikipedia barnstar perhaps? I know it's out of context but...it's what came to mind.

Edited by Loki Laufeyjarson

Blademaster that was one of the most inane posts I've ever seen, someone get this man an award.

I agree. For Blademaster's rant, I award him. . .

. . .a roll of duct tape, to be liberally applied to the mouth. If you want to speak, think before you do so, sir.

Seriously, if it was wrong to have an opinion like mine, then game developers wouldn't bother making demos or trailers for their games. So that players could play/see a small portion of the game and decide whether they like it and want to continue playing it.

Blademaster that was one of the most inane posts I've ever seen.

When you actually prove to me what in my above quoted statement is wrong, then my post will be inane. But since the only thing you have going for you is your nonsensical stubborn bitching, I doubt you'd be able to do so.

...Let me give you a different kind of situation.

Tales of Vesperia is a game I own and have not finished yet. It's a game I really enjoy. The graphics are interesting, the characters are awesome, the gameplay is fantastic, the difficulty is fair, the music and voice acting are great, and it's just an all around great game. In fact, it's a great improvement to the gameplay found in Tales of Symphonia, the only other tales game of this similar gameplay style I have played, which just makes the game even better.

But by your logic, I haven't played Tales of Vesperia since I haven't finished the game. In fact, I'm not even entitled to have a good opinion of the game because I haven't played it, which actually translates to I haven't beaten the game.

I agree. For Blademaster's rant, I award him. . .

. . .a roll of duct tape, to be liberally applied to the mouth. If you want to speak, think before you do so, sir.

And he is the one who must apply it? Anyway, some people get into conditions where they CAN'T think before they speak because thinking and speaking meld as one.

Edited by Loki Laufeyjarson

You honestly don't see the difference between what I said and what you did?

I'm going to take this to mean that you are too retarded to come up with an actual reply. Or at the best too stubborn. Because your whining and bitching posts at SoS aren't a real answer. Also,

Majora's mask and SSB64 are not underrated at all though...

Obviam: "Because they totally get the same hype FF BIISEXUAL supposedly does."

In fact' date=' the director of the game said that towns and NPC's shouldn't even really be part of any RPG, or something along those lines.[/quote']

Obviam: "But this is kind of fun, so here it is. Talk to the fucking town folk in Ocarina of Time. Majora's Mask. Other similarly well received games."

Majora's Mask. Other similarly well received games.

How did I not notice this before. How did anyone not notice this before? What about Majora's Mask makes you think it's underrated? The fact that it isn't as popular as OoT, but should be?

And finally,

Let's just leave it as this: Opinions.

You can't have an opinion on something you didn't even experience

you just can't

Slavery was bad.

Key:

Purple: Me

Green: Obviam

Yellow: SoS's greatest and most intelligent member

If you want to argue that I can't really complain about Hope's character as a whole or the story(which I didn't even complain about, though I could mention that the beginning of it wasn't appealing enough for me to keep playing the game for it), fine. It doesn't change the fact that Hope was a god awful character in the beginning of the game, to the point where I didn't want to see him grow up because I wanted him to die. To say that I can't complain about the gameplay, graphics(which I praised btw), or music in the game though, or that I can't suggest to play a game that I actually was able to finish without any problems with it, that's just foolish.

Edited by Blademaster!

If you put forth no patience or effort why should I?

I think it is you who are putting in no patience or effort. You aren't helping your cause by always thinking you are right when your thought process is clearly flawed.

Just spit it out. Your avatar has lots of yellow, btw, please don't tell me you're just being egotistical.

I already said that I was purple. What would I gain from describing myself one time, and then being egotistical another? Yellow is not me, but SoS's greatest most intelligent member. I don't need to say more than that for anyone to know who he is.

I already said that I was purple. What would I gain from describing myself one time, and then being egotistical another? Yellow is not me, but SoS's greatest most intelligent member. I don't need to say more than that for anyone to know who he is.

You do because it's been forever since I've been to SoS, so I can't remember if Death is yellow or not. If he isn't yellow somehow you're incorrect.

He's talking about himself, SevastIan. Yellow is just the default color for a quote withing a quote within a quote.

Oh. He's not the most intelligent. I'm pretty sure I pulled a fast one on him once, or at least he acted fooled, and I didn't know whether he was fooling so when all is said and done we're both foolish fools since he didn't have the guts to try and pin me.

Death is way more intelligent than this guy. Clearly. Without a doubt in my mind. Nope. Not a shadow of a doubt. I am certain. Absolutely certain.

Oh. He's not the most intelligent. I'm pretty sure I pulled a fast one on him once, or at least he acted fooled, and I didn't know whether he was fooling so when all is said and done we're both foolish fools since he didn't have the guts to try and pin me.

Death is way more intelligent than this guy. Clearly. Without a doubt in my mind. Nope. Not a shadow of a doubt. I am certain. Absolutely certain.

Certainly not.