Is getting Final Fantasy XIII worth it?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do because it's been forever since I've been to SoS, so I can't remember if Death is yellow or not. If he isn't yellow somehow you're incorrect.

Brom. Did I really have to say it?

He's talking about himself, SevastIan.

I already said that I was purple. What would I gain from describing myself one time, and then being egotistical another?

I don't know why nobody bothered to just look in the thread I got that quote from itself, considering Obviam did post it after all :dry:

Edited by Blademaster!

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry for another old bump, and all that, but I just wanted to post to say that I personally think Death is more intelligent than Brom, as far as SoS people go. I'm alright about potentially being wrong about that, though.

(ALSO as far as the yellow purple stuff goes, I really couldn't and can't see the colors, so I really had no idea what the fuck who was who.)

Final Fantasy XIII is easily the least complex in the series. Until several hours into the game most of it consists of walking down corridors and taking part in almost on-rails RPG gameplay. It's filled to the brim with dialogue and cutscenes, which wouldn't be so bad if most of it didn't feel hamfisted and silly. The game goes out of its way to limit player interactivity, going so far as to cap how far your characters can progress until you have played through to a specific plot point that is heavily into the storyline.

Since you're young and as a result probably not very well acquainted with the genre, I can definitely recommend it, however. It is colorful, the very light level of player input until later will give you a good introduction to RPGs as a whole, and the characters are mostly interesting enough to warrant a look. Might even get you interested in the series as a whole.

Edit: People that necropost should be made to step on Legos until they perish.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I'm doing a rerun of FFXIII (when I'm at home now that I've beaten Borderlands 2 and am working on Arkham City and Farcry 3) and I truly have to say that Hope and Vanille are shit characters, what with Hope being an overboard crybaby and Vanille being generally batshit crazy.

Also, if you're going on an efficiency run, the game doesn't hold your hand at all. A lot more customization exists even as early as Chapter 3 if you're looking to 5* every battle.

I truly have to say that Hope and Vanille are shit characters,

Oh wow I actually agree with Life for once. Didn't see that one happening.