Most useless characters in this game?

Hey guys! I've been thinking about doing a hack for this game that would eliminate some of the more useless characters while still keeping certain trends such as Jeigans, red/green cavs, 2 archers & 2 fighters, etc. I want to get the roster down to around FE7's size, which would be 40-45.

For things such as gaidens, I would probably just include the S-rank weapons in your starting rosters inventory were it to become impossible to achieve the gaiden. And obviously, text, supports, etc., would have to be changed/removed accordingly.

So who can stay, and who can go? I haven't played enough to really know who's good and bad outside of the obvious like cavs and mercs being good and the knights being bad, so I need expert opinions of people who know this game pretty well before I start to make any changes.

And as always, thanks for the help!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys! I've been thinking about doing a hack for this game that would eliminate some of the more useless characters while still keeping certain trends such as Jeigans, red/green cavs, 2 archers & 2 fighters, etc. I want to get the roster down to around FE7's size, which would be 40-45.

For things such as gaidens, I would probably just include the S-rank weapons in your starting rosters inventory were it to become impossible to achieve the gaiden. And obviously, text, supports, etc., would have to be changed/removed accordingly.

So who can stay, and who can go? I haven't played enough to really know who's good and bad outside of the obvious like cavs and mercs being good and the knights being bad, so I need expert opinions of people who know this game pretty well before I start to make any changes.

And as always, thanks for the help!

Well Saul and Ellen will make the other basically redundant so make Saul an NPC or something and give Ellen Saul's HP, defense, speed and skill growths and weapon rank so you have an earlygame healer that isn't made obsolete by Clarine :mellow:

Dorothy is similarly unimportant plotwise so maybe give Wolt her bases and growths and eliminate her altogether. Oujay is entirely redundant... Yodel and Sophia can be NPCs...since they are pretty bad anyway (Yodel is completely outclassed by Niime)

Gonzales, Garret, and Cath are unimportant plotwise and only serve to remind you of how bad wars are plotwise so you can make them into NPCs or something

Treck is unnecessary plotwise and Noah could benefit from his HP, Speed, Luck, and Str growths for your offensive and defensively "balanced" cavalier and thus warranting a reason for long term use over Alan and Lance.

The armor knights all are bad units, but are somewhat plot significant...though and Bors and Barth probably could go...after you improve Wendy's bases and growths.

Edited by Salad Utensil

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned Roy yet, seeing he doesn't promote until the game is almost over...

Have fun fighting Idoun without him then

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned Roy yet, seeing he doesn't promote until the game is almost over...

But it's for a hack. You can't remove the main character.

Why would you remove characters from a hack when you can just make them better? That's just stupid.

Oh and as for this:

picard-facepalm.jpg

Yokel- er, Yodel. Personally I find Ellen and Saul far from useless - Saul especially, since he can take a hit and having two healers early-game is better than bringing in a useless fighter.

Lance is clearly the most useless character in the game. /sarcasm

Lies and slander. Marcus exists. Though he still has competition in Zealot, who's like him but shows up later. I can play this too!

Garret to me seems to have no real use.

though the female shaman and wendy are terribly bad as well

Niime is awesome, what are you talking about

And yeah, no real reason to remove characters when you can just make them better. For the armors, I might give them +2 move.

Roy is the most useful character in the game, he is required for every chapter.

Technically, all other characters are useless plotwise. The game is set up so that any character can die, after all.

Giving Armours 6->7 move isn't that bad an idea. It's not like they'd suddenly be OP since they still have horrible offense.

Edited by Anouleth

Giving Armours 6->7 move isn't that bad an idea. It's not like they'd suddenly be OP since they still have horrible offense.

I'd give them better combat stats before I give them 2 more move (Generals should not be able to move as far as Cavaliers or Pegasus Knights on flat terrain). Unfortunately, since every objective is Seize Knights and Generals don't have much use, but I don't think giving them more move is the way to remedy that (although giving them 5->6 move wouldn't be that bad, I guess).

Bors, Wolt, Dorthy, Wendy, Oujay, Barth, Cath, Sophia, Yuuno (flying is cool but shit stats and weapon levels don't help her case)... I think that's it.

Yuno is definitely a useful character, though. I really enjoyed her availability in chapters 21 and 23.

Unlike you, donny, most people don't handicap themselves to the point that their only offense in those chapters is Percival since great growth units like Alan, Lance and Dieck are now shit.