Most useless characters in this game?

Nobody said Alan, Lance, and Dieck were shit. In 0% growths they are past the beginning, but in a regular playthrough they are not.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zealot is really the only one I have in mind.

I mean, is there any benefit to using him? Any?

To his credit, he's among your best units during a time where FE games generally are at their hardest.

I'd honestly wouldn't bother removing anyone that helps give you a legendary weapon in a hack that reduces the number of people in FE6. This includes Zealot (who actually is helpful in the hardest parts of the game like CPP says), and Sophia (who doesn't help the team aside from getting an extra Guiding Ring and the rare event that she has staff access).

I was just playing FE6 last night.

Zealot is amazing. He came at the time when he's most needed. Chapter 7 HM is an utter bitch, and I was glad he joined for the only other reliable damage dealing units that doesn't die in two hits I had at that point were Marcus, Rutger, and Dieck. (Alan and Lance would be except both got horrendously screwed. Like Alan-never-proc'd-strength-screwed.)

Wendy's the only one I could really think that is completely dead weight. At least Bors can tank crap for like, three chapters and Barth can tank more crap for a bit due to 14 base defense. Wendy's an armour knight who can't even tank crap and she has 4 move so she can't even get out of the way fast enough.

Zealot is really the only one I have in mind.

I mean, is there any benefit to using him? Any?

To be fair, Zealot is actually useful, since his joining chapter is one of the hardest ones in the game. Now Wendy... I can safely say she's dead weight.

You know what? In hindsight, I take back what I said about Zealot, if we're going to take his joining chapter into consideration, especially on Hard Mode. I admittedly found no way to survive that chapter on HM without having to rely on Zealot for a while. Outside of that, though, I don't see Zealot being very useful afterwards.

I'd be willing to vouch for Wendy being pretty useless.

My view on this debate:

Zealot, contrary to what a lot of GFAQ's guides say, is actually a very useful unit due to him essentially being a crutch for the Western isles. Also, like Lumi, MKS, and Hazuki said, Chapter 7 is a major bitch(so far as for me to nickname it 'Manifestation of my Hatred' on the GFAQ's version of my playthrough.) without Zealot absorbing hits(even on my own playthrough, most of my units were 2RKO'd by the enemies except Dieck, Rut, Bors, Marcus, and Alan.)and weakening things.

As for Wendy, she is complete and utter garbage, despite what the guides on GFAQ's say. At least Bors and Barf can tank properly given some leveling(mostly applies to Barth as he has a 14 def base and starts at Lv9, making an early promotion somewhat viable) As for Wendy, she's screwed. 19HP/8Def holds up against nothing, especially as 3 spd gets doubled by everything except loldiers and armors, and she can't exactly outrun anybody either. As for her damage, lol. 11 base atk with Iron is worse than what Alan has at base with an iron sword(and he joins 7 chapters earlier.)

There's an entire more detailed argument about how much Wendy sucks, and that 11 Atk is dead weight if she can even consistently hit in the first place. Bors and Barth sorta blow too, Barth less so but Bors is pretty terrible. An early armor knight in chapters where Axe users dominate is not a way to balance the game.

Wendy's the only one I could really think that is completely dead weight. At least Bors can tank crap for like, three chapters and Barth can tank more crap for a bit due to 14 base defense. Wendy's an armour knight who can't even tank crap and she has 4 move so she can't even get out of the way fast enough.
Sophia? Though she gets you a guiding ring and eats sleep staffs LOL Edited by Mercenary Raven

Sophia is really crappy ^^' I like using her, she's one of my favorites but she's very hard to train.

I already mentioned it, but I will again. I don't see the point in suggesting someone to remove anyone that nets you a legendary weapon from the game. No matter how crappy they are.

If I remember correctly, didn't Narshen weasel his way into the Dragon Generals' ranks, partly by letting people know that his competition wasn't Bernian by birth?

Yeah, I believe that's what he did to Gale.

That fixes his problems, and I think IS thinks that armors are good, so Douglas doesn't need explanation. He's got enough defence for him to be "good" in their eyes. Cecilia is the one with the biggest problems there. Needed way more speed. Should've been more like Clarine's 20/1 stats or something. Or at least her speed. But make her level 5 with those stats or even level 8 so that there is a point for Clarine to be raised for those that like raising units. Or even giving her 15 instead of 10. She's just really silly. Only point is an 8 move staff user. Extra restorer is always useful in fe6.