Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn DX

Mage Knight 404

Mother of crap. If someone were to redesign the convo system with ASM, (which I imagine would take INSANE amount of code... and considering ASM is 1:1 with machine code, it's going to be HUGE) they might as well remake FE9 with the FE10 engine.

Do it, Rey.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wrt the archer thing, keep in mind;

+ I remember something in the last Sacred Dawn thread (dunno whether it's staying) about different people pursuing different promotions, not just class-based. So, like, I'd assume Alice would go Ranger, while Ryan and Leonardo stay as snipers.

+ This is IF Leonardo is playable, and if he is, IF he joins up now. Neither is confirmed.

I never assumed he wasn't recruitable, merely that it was a possibility.

... I was fairly sold on the first point, but oh well.

(Unless the point is right and I got them in the wrong order... I dunno, I imagined Alice as more hunteresque and Leonardo... as a sniper. But I digress.)

Ryan is the ranger and I think it's a pretty big duh that Leonardo's gonna be recruitable.

The chances of him not being recruitable at this stage and level > the chances of him being reclassed to shaman.

Sothe and Volug should totally be in this hack. Much more interesting characters than scrubs like Micaiah. Plus who can say no to Volug's abs?

Do you really have nothing better to do than make the weakest of trolly comments? :P

Lol at the first idea. While I agree that three early archers is wtf ridiculous, Leo becoming a shaman? What? How in the who where?

And Ray only has a grasp over event editing. He doesn't know the first thing about ASM.

lol, I meant Leo being/starting out as a shaman, not as an archer. Doi on my part.

Why as a shaman? Well, I figured that the Dawn Brigade would need/want a magic user (maybe for an upcoming event(s) that have previously happened prior to the main character's party meeting the Dawn Brigade or events that will take place in the future) As I said before, it is written in Leonardo's bio: "Leo is composed and mature." That would make Leonardo more interesting to say the least, wouldn't it? Perhaps the whole reason for wanting Leo to be a shaman instead of an archer is that there are THREE archers and having another magic user (a shaman) in this part of the story would be interesting, and encourage the players/onlookers to think "Why does this Dawn Brigade have a shaman in their group?"

If you can give one good reason as to why Leo being a shaman would make sense, given that there has never been any indication of him knowing anything of any magic, then your idea might be thought about :P

lol, I meant Leo being/starting out as a shaman, not as an archer. Doi on my part.

Why as a shaman? Well, I figured that the Dawn Brigade would need/want a magic user (maybe for an upcoming event(s) that have previously happened prior to the main character's party meeting the Dawn Brigade or events that will take place in the future) As I said before, it is written in Leonardo's bio: "Leo is composed and mature." That would make Leonardo more interesting to say the least, wouldn't it? Perhaps the whole reason for wanting Leo to be a shaman instead of an archer is that there are THREE archers and having another magic user (a shaman) in this part of the story would be interesting, and encourage the players/onlookers to think "Why does this Dawn Brigade have a shaman in their group?"

The answer is no.

Because, I'm sorry, but the reasoning is dumb. And yes, I do realize I have one too many archers so early, but nuts to that. :c

Not to mention that if Ray wants to stay at least somewhat true to Radiant Dawn (where the fact that there is a character 'Leonardo' is not a coincidence), shaman Leo would make little to no sense.

ninja'd

Edited by Camtech

Well, I figured that the Dawn Brigade would need/want a magic user

Like maybe a light mage.

Wait.

Look, the exact makeup of the earlygame being slanted towards bowmen that take different promotion paths is inconvenient. The solution isn't to reclass THE CANONICAL ONE.

Hm. How should I word this... no.

Seriously, nobody complains about a paladin and two cavaliers joining together, in the SAME CHAPTER. This is the same, but in the opposite order of time (promoted, a Ranger and two Snipers. Or possibly the other way around, but whatever).

I actually meant Alan, Lance and Marcus, but hey! That just proves my point.

Meanwhile, back on topic... I just noticed Peg Knights got a minor Con upgrade AND an aid boost. That will significantly raise my chances of using them, at the least...

Meanwhile, back on topic... I just noticed Peg Knights got a minor Con upgrade AND an aid boost. That will significantly raise my chances of using them, at the least...

The aid boost is actually something there for generics, since they're not registered as female. :c The Con boost is legit, though, as well as the general weight reduction all around, so it makes the Pegasus Knight more viable of a foe.

Do you really have nothing better to do than make the weakest of trolly comments? :P

I am quite serious in my requests for the two to make it into this hack. Sothe is a member of the DB. He could serve the gameplay niche of being a promoted thief in case someone doesn't want to train one up and he's an important part of Micaiah's character.

Volug is a fairly popular character on these forums and he could serve the unique role of a nonhuman character on the team. I don't see why Volug shouldn't be in the game. He's a pretty cool guy.

I am quite serious in my requests for the two to make it into this hack. Sothe is a member of the DB. He could serve the gameplay niche of being a promoted thief in case someone doesn't want to train one up and he's an important part of Micaiah's character.

Volug is a fairly popular character on these forums and he could serve the unique role of a nonhuman character on the team. I don't see why Volug shouldn't be in the game. He's a pretty cool guy.

what character

what Furet said.