SF Mafia Info Dump & Resources

Kaoz

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely with the stuff about having vanillas in a setup. I'm kind of against role madness games because they usually end up with OP town that can simply break the game by using massclaim(and frankly if we did that D1 in every game town would have a much higher win %)

Also yeah if mafia need stronger fakes then it means town shouldn't be loaded with cop/watcher/tracker/dc/vig/ what other god role you want to give it.

I agree completely with the stuff about having vanillas in a setup. I'm kind of against role madness games because they usually end up with OP town that can simply break the game by using massclaim(and frankly if we did that D1 in every game town would have a much higher win %)

some day...

I don't mind vanillas, but it's frustrating if there's one vanilla and I'm it.

As for the direct counter thing, it's the closest thing to a passive information role that I'll do. I think things like dreamers/numbers are awful. . .and I have yet to find a way to put a question asker on either side without having it break the game in half. At least active information roles have to read the thread and make some sort of informed decision. Also, thanks to this, I now have some wacky ideas for anti-town roles, which I may test in future games (but I wouldn't mind a bit more data from the rest of you!)

@SB

I don't really agree with the direct counter point. I mean ignoring Godfather, scum having a Ninja doesn't really preclude them from having an info role as well, so it's not really a clear. I mean this is assuming that scum can fakeclaim an info role like tracker/watcher in the first place, which ideally they should be able to do (or maybe just have some info role that the town doesn't have)...Also I do think that roles that are made to counter other roles should have something more than that, otherwise yeah they do get pointless when the person they were supposed to counter ends up dying.

Uh, scum having a ninja usually means town has the watcher or tracker - not the other way around.

It could be both!

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, the little arrow next to all messages/show all messages in QTs changes whether it's in ascending or descending order from most/least recent post.

Neither Prims nor I realized this until like 10 minutes ago so I figured most people didn't.

Putting this here because I think that it'd probably be most useful to mafia players...

So I asked Makaze to make me a script for easy access to ISOs.

[spoiler=Large demonstration gif]05916943ccf157f99ddb81914d12852e.gif

You can also (maybe) access them from the list of "Who posted in: " list, although I am currently experiencing problems with that. Makaze is working on those.

PEDIT: Seems that they may be problems on my end only.

Anyways it's for Chrome and Firefox, can be found here, and if you need instructions they can be found in the OP.

[/shameless advertisement]

EDIT: Note that this script is very new and is likely to have a couple bugs; if you find something, report it in the thread.

Edited by Euklyd

• 1 month later...

oh right since we have a few new players recently, a hat tip for you.

kKCjsYW.png

click the switch circled so it flips down. that switches your textbox to plaintext editor, which is infinitely easier to use for constructing posts than richtext editor.

oh right since we have a few new players recently, a hat tip for you.

kKCjsYW.png

click the switch circled so it flips down. that switches your textbox to plaintext editor, which is infinitely easier to use for constructing posts than richtext editor.

If you want buttons to work on top of this, check this out.

iNtwJMWrTkdH.gif

It was made for occasions just like this.

Edited by Makaze

that's pretty handy

i'm not going to install it though because i feel like i'm going to forget about it when i host a game and frustrate myself wondering why i can't correct my votals

iso generator

i kind of threw this together for myself but it's probalby better that you guys have it

note that because i didn't feel like scouring the ipboard docs you have to input display names but other than that i think it's functional

iso generator

i kind of threw this together for myself but it's probalby better that you guys have it

note that because i didn't feel like scouring the ipboard docs you have to input display names but other than that i think it's functional

I've already made one which was posted a page back, which works on the site itself.

Sorry, friend.

Edited by Makaze

• 2 weeks later...

So, since I ended up as an IO in Training, I wrote up a guideline for mentors to compensate. I'm leaning towards not posting it publicly because I feel it would kind of defeat the point if mentees could freely access it as well, but if any mentor wants it in the future, feel free to message me.