Ayra is such a scrub

Dark Sage

84 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion on Ayra

Ayra has solid combat, but sadly she has the fatal flaw in FE4 of not having a horse. Certainly calling her a scrub is not remotely accurate: Sigurd's team has more than enough derps (Dew, Azel Ardan) to hold that role. She ends up being a fairly middle of the road character overall, lacking the amazingness of Sigurd/Levin/Sylvia but preforming adequately for her entire existence.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had a bad Aira. I've played and beat this game seven times and Aira has never been bad. Only time I've had somewhat subpar kids is when I paired her with some oddball match. Other than that they always turn out good.

She's good. Just good. There's nothing wrong with being good. There's no shame in being worse than Sigurd; it's like being better than Ardan, pretty much everyone fits that category. The only thing I don't really like about her is the lack of a mount. That is kind of a big deal, but eh, decent offense, decent defense, goes well in Arenas, free Hero Sword, it all works out.

She's worse than everyone with a mount, except maybe Alec, Noish, and Midir. The Hero Sword isn't really a point for her since anyone with B Swords can use it, she just doesn't have to pay Gold for it (but it's not like anyone can't afford it). Just because the story says it's hers doesn't make it her personal weapon.

A unit mediocre to bad. And for the record, Ayra is a scrub because she has too many flaws holding her back.

I also don't understand how somebody can say Ayra has good durability unless they are joking.

Yep, her durability are bad, but her stats are not to badNewYearsEmoticon.gif

Max spd, max skl and also max str

And she will have the hero sword , which can make her hit 10 times with meteor hitwink.gif

Her children is great, if their father is lax or holyn they will have great HP, max spd, max skl and both have meteor hit

They're could also max str to

They're is not to bad, of course, because she is first gen characterstongue.gif

I think you the guy with stactics: fast and win, that's mea you're want to finish the game soon, so her low movement is bad for youcool.gif

She has awarness, a great skill too ;))gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

There are some dudes with Critical in Gen 1, right? Like maybe the pegasus bosses in C4?

Ooh, or Eltshan.

Two of Lamia's mercs have killer bows.

Eltshan has Mistoltin.

Otherwise, I'm fairly certain nobody else has critical.

Yep, her durability are bad, but her stats are not to badNewYearsEmoticon.gif

Max spd, max skl and also max str

And she will have the hero sword , which can make her hit 10 times with meteor hitwink.gif

Her children is great, if their father is lax or holyn they will have great HP, max spd, max skl and both have meteor hit

They're could also max str to

They're is not to bad, of course, because she is first gen characterstongue.gif

I think you the guy with stactics: fast and win, that's mea you're want to finish the game soon, so her low movement is bad for youcool.gif

She has awarness, a great skill too ;))gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

- She doesn't even max Str on average. 23.7 with a 27 average, 10% of capping. Hell, she even doesn't consistently cap Spd ("only" 54% of the time). Also, she doesn't join with these stats capped, and even if she did, she still wouldn't have a horse.

- The Hero Sword is not hers alone, and the only things that will survive 5+ hits from her are likely taking very little damage to begin with. Hero Sword "wastes" Continue.

- Her kids suffer from the same problem, but this topic is not really about them.

Ayra has great offense. Now if only she could invest like, half of her overkill hits into her movement or durability, we would be getting somewhere.

It's not "Movement whoring", it's just that most here realize going under an effecient scenario is the best way to go and judge characters by. I am not too big on Mov, but even I lack some patience having to snail for someone like Ayra just so they can get some combat.

It's FE4. Half your army's gonna be way ahead of her, and it's the half that's getting kills. The maps are HUGE, and I really hate wasting turns moving my army from one point to another.

But Ayra has excellent stats, it's fucking depressing when people are willing to throw that down the drain just because her MOV is lower. I hate it just as much in any FE game when the LTCers do it.

Why do you care what other people do in their games? I don't care if you or whoever goes ahead and use Ayra. Just don't pretend she's something she's not ("godly", "amazing", etc).

Why do you care what other people do in their games? I don't care if you or whoever goes ahead and use Ayra. Just don't pretend she's something she's not ("godly", "amazing", etc).

It's not hard to see what his problem with us is; LTCing is the scenario in which his hated Priscilla is in Top Tier and he can't get over it.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

But Ayra has excellent stats, it's fucking depressing when people are willing to throw that down the drain just because her MOV is lower. I hate it just as much in any FE game when the LTCers do it.

Move means a lot more in FE4 than it does other titles. I'm quite fond of Ayra, she's a nice unit to have in a draft, although more for her kids than herself. Her durability isn't fantastic and her low luck means she lacks Dew's mega-evasion.

Sylvia's not one to look down on. Horace smites me constantly with her.

I still think Sylvia should be free in FE4 drafts.

It's an idea, but then it ruins the number of mothers. Although I fully agree that she should be in first gen drafts.

I thought you were arguing that Ayra was gr9mazing, Darros. Why are you undermining yourself by helping me? :P

Ayra is gr9mazing. It's just that one skill is near-useless on pretty much everyone.

inb4"No it's not"

The only time I can think of a use for it is Alec against the Thracian knights with horseslayers.

Edited by Komatsu