FE4 Mafia - Game over

Jaybee

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well okay, this semi-confrims my theory about what JB said. Raymond since we still can't expose characters fully, is you character from Generation 1 or 2, and are they an NPC/Enemy?

Respond to either of these and you die.

Lorddomu is also not saying very much.

also I know a few absences have reasons but some have no excuse.

Lorddomu is another person I forgot was playing.

Lol.

Fine I'll shut up.

Well ima get one post before i go to work at least and post some of my thoughts. On the whole Issue between Proto and Shade i think they are most likely safe. It seems like a stupid idea to out two of their members so early if they were together. I would think only one of them would be mafia if either of them were mafia. Im also wanting to keep an eye on a few people such as lorddommu, and strawman, just for how quiet they seem to be.

I know its night so i cant really put any pressure on someone fully but im curious of arachnid the most at the moment. She's only made a total of about 5-6 posts this entire thread and a 1-2 of those were pointless Night 0 stuff that doesn't matter at all. You voted for darros 3 hours before phase end and then no one else after you voted at all, you basically insured Darros's death. Seems to me that you may have done that on purpose as a mafia member just to get someone killed off, especially if you had somehow known darros was doc through some mafia examination means.

Frankly i think the darros lynch was weird and dumb. There wasn't too much info against him and it only had one pressure vote on him for a while and switched to psych and Furetchen voting for him at close to phase end. With just one person voting him it would have ended in a tie, but with psych choosing to change his vote she ensured his death and no one else moved to do anything about it. Just seems off to me.

Sorry if that post seems confusing or awkward at the moment i was trying to explain in my words as best as i could but I may have worded things bad as i was thinking of alot of things at once and trying to reread the thread at the same time.

Protip: Psych's a dude. I think.

Shhhh

Also just because I wanted a lynch, doesn't mean I wanted the doctor lynched. Second of all, that would mean Prims would most likely be my scum buddy, so GL with that.

NLing is especially stupid, and with Darros not speaking up and telling us about our mistake, it was essentially the same thing.

I didn't know how to get out of my hole. :(

I mean, I couldn't claim doctor, I'd get killed at night. Saying "omg i haev a power role" or "dun lynch me plz" wouldn't really work either.

So yeah. GL Town.

I mean, I couldn't claim doctor, I'd get killed at night. Saying "omg i haev a power role" or "dun lynch me plz" wouldn't really work either.

So yeah. GL Town.

You speak and answer questions directed to you. Claiming should only take place a few hours before phase end or in grace period...

No, that is EXACTLY what you should have done. By not claiming Doctor you have wasted the town's lynch and let the mafia kill whoever they want rather than letting the town lynch the next scummiest player and the mafia kill the towniest player.

Claiming and getting killed at night still would have been better than letting the town waste their lynch.

Getting killed at night uses up the mafia's action. Getting yourself killed during the day uses up the town's. And the town has fewer ways to deal with the mafia to begin with.

Besides, doctors aren't the only protective roles existing in mafia games. Sometimes games also have drivers, martyrs, bodyguards or JoaTs, all of which can potentially keep a doctor claim safe.

Your play was terribad, and you really need to work on it. Better to screw up and die than to not even try in the first place.

Darros.

If you're going to be killed, be killed while protecting someone and potentially under protection yourself. DON'T be killed by wasting the first day and not so much as defending yourself.

Just... ugh.

ok so Darros, you're the goddamn doc

why in hell would the goddamn doc just give up and get lynched when there's the hope of a thing like a town driver or an allied roleblock?

Jegus.

What the hell Darros?

Paperblade and Raymond's got it covered, but you were ON after you had accumulated the most votes and before Day 1 ended, so, you could have tried to defend yourself or claim at least. Better than just getting lynched on D1.... @___@

That's not just a mistake, Core. That's either completely failing to understand how the game works, or just not giving a damn.

If it's the former, he should just say so - people like clipsey or me are perfectly willing to help unexperienced players with general advice. If it's the latter, he totally deserves all the crap he's getting.

Roleclaiming

I mean, I couldn't claim doctor, I'd get killed at night.

First of all, remember that the Mafia have only one kill per night. So they'd have to use up their kill to shoot you while we get to decide who to lynch instead. On the other hand, now you allowed yourself to be lynched while the Mafia get to shoot whoever they want.

Secondly, a Doctor isn't the ONLY role that discourages the Mafia from shooting a specific player. There could be other roles that could protect the Doctor (like Bus Drivers) or something that would make it bad for the Mafia if they shot the Doc (like Town Watcher). Even if they aren't in this game, the possibility that they might could be enough to turn the Mafia's attention elsewhere.

Saying "omg i haev a power role" or "dun lynch me plz" wouldn't really work either.

What makes you think they won't work? You never know until you try. There was absolutely nothing to gain by NOT saying anything.

So yeah. GL Town.

Thanks

I don't think the Darros wagon was particularly weird. However, that makes D1 wagon analysis pretty difficult, given that there were only 3 or so people on it, so welp. <_<