Characters You're Sick of Hearing Praise About

Randoman

I'm not sick of it, but I don't understand the somewhat sarcastic seeming praise of Tormod that Dondon, Anouleth, and maybe others have bandied about. Do they just love shota or something?

sir, i'll have you know

futanari 4 lyfe

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closed-minded and childish part is from her assuming that Roy and the other nobles are all greedy, money grubbing thieves and her taking way too much convincing to snap her out of that mindset. I'm well aware of the Robin Hood part, but she never does anything to help the poor, unlike Chad who gives money to the orphans from the old orphanage he belonged to (it's mentioned in his support conversations).

I wonder if you actually read any of her support conversations because it seems like you're not paying attention.

In any case, I don't really like this topic since it seems to be created out of butthurt, but since I should actually contribute something, I guess I'll say that the character I'm the most "fed up of hearing praise from" character is probably FE11 Cord, but even then, I'm not particularly fed up with him.

And honestly, people praise Sigurd and Seth because they're really good at destroying shit in their respective games. I find the praise perfectly justified in their case. IDK about people praising Sigurd about personality, though any praise I've hear about him is about his ability to curbstomp FE4 Gen1 and not about his character, and I don't think anyone, including myself, hypes Seth's personality.

Though, they're both really hot.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

As far as YouTube and GameFAQs regulars go: Wendy isn't a good unit, AT ALL. Nino joins too late. Est joins too late. Amelia is far too weak. Ewan isn't a good magic user. Corple, do I really need to spell it out? Then again, I might be mistaken with that last part.

In a more general view: Sue isn't really all that awesome. She has good speed and accuracy, but that doesn't make up for strength and durability issues. Rath joins too late. Guy has strength issues. Lowen, jack of all stats, master of none describes him well. Florina doesn't deserve the praise she gets for her personality because of how weak and horrible it is.

Edited by Little Al

There was a time when I used to hate certain characters for no reason other than they were popular, but I have mostly gotten over that. Basically, go ahead and fangasm over who you want. It doesn't bother me anymore.

B Axe/ C Sword means both types of Killer weapons, and Skill is actually useful since FE6 hitrates are very iffy. One of Echidna's main selling point is her ranks, actually.

True, but in my opinion, it doesn't really make up for her being lackluster everywhere else... And there's the issue of her being kinda annoying to recruit thanks to too much crap going on all at once.

...People fangasm over CORPLE? O____o

...how

Say WHAAAAT???

Edited by Metal King Slime

Zihark: Several years debating against him in FE9 against smash. I am sick to death of him!

Mist: OMGMOUNTEDHEALWAYBETTERTHANRHYSSOAWSOMEILOVEMIST! /almost every debate surrounding her.

Hector: Lout is just horrible character-wise, yet people adore him.

You're free to think whatever you want, I was just pointing out that Skill and Speed are not the only things that are impressive about Echidna, contrary to your statement.

I don't think people like Echidna's performance based on theoretical values, however. Why would people like her outside of characterisation and yayfemHero if she didn't serve them well in their playthroughs?

I do also like her because she looks like she can actually, you know, fight. Not like every other chick bar a few exceptions who looks like either a supermodel except shorter or a loli.

Nephenee is the only one that comes to mind that i feel is overhyped, considering she has an awful start in both games without favorism.

Transfers, son.

transfers sure are nice in FE9 when you transfer your FE8 data to make up for her awful start.

oh wait...

Don't be pedantic, you know what I meant.

And really, 527 BEXP is really not that much in FE9. That's really all you need to get her started in that game, to put her into range to start 2RKO enemies ;\

Finally, WRT "favoritism": some still call it that, after eight years. Nowadays, some of us call it, "smart allocation of resources."

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Mist. Dear god, Mist.

Also most Ests (exceptions: Sara who's actually good and Zeiss who's mediocre at his HM best but just plain awesome; possibly another I've forgotten, but Tormod is alright), Lilina, Lute, Soren, Ewan, Amelia and Wendy. Although what little personality Amelia and Wendy have are alright, I guess.

Don't be pedantic, you know what I meant.

And really, 527 BEXP is really not that much in FE9. That's really all you need to get her started in that game, to put her into range to start 2RKO enemies ;\

Finally, WRT "favoritism": some still call it that, after eight years. Nowadays, some of us call it, "smart allocation of resources."

i guess my issue is why bother with Nephenee when you can put those resources into Marica or Jill can get an more useful result

i guess my issue is why bother with Nephenee when you can put those resources into Marica or Jill can get an more useful result

There's more than enough BEXP in FE9 that you can still pump Jill and Marcia to optimum combat performance while still having enough to make just about anyone into a killing machine. I guess you just don't like how people argue that Neph doesn't have a bad start in PoR because we have so much BEXP at the point she joins that we can just fix her bad level/stats without significantly hurting anyone else.

Typical of an Aran fanboy.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

I fear an ass raping coming on...but I'm flipping tired aboutmia this mia that mia cute mia strong mia sex

Agree. So much.

Nephenee is the only one that comes to mind that i feel is overhyped, considering she has an awful start in both games without favorism.

can't think of anyone esle at the moment

Agree again. Neph isnt bad in either game but her shaky start is something of a turn off. I dont really mind it that much when people go on about her as much as i do Mia though. Ive seen Neph shine in both games. (and only seen Mia shine in FE10)

I guess i get a little sick of Marcus love. I mean, hes pretty great in the beginning but just...after a while, he gets the bench. I see why people dig him but yeah, personally, hes not that awesome to me.

I do dig Seth, but the fangasming....lol! Not as much.

Some certain fangirling over Ike gets really under my skin. ;)

Pent love....yeahhhhh...Hes great! Dont get me wrong! I love his character and hes a cool unit but sometimes his fandom gets...loud.

Nino. Again, ive seen her do cool things but its often hard to get her to do those cool things so its like "wut..."

As far as YouTube and GameFAQs regulars go: Wendy isn't a good unit, AT ALL. Nino joins too late. Est joins too late. Amelia is far too weak. Ewan isn't a good magic user. Corple, do I really need to spell it out? Then again, I might be mistaken with that last part.

wait wait wait what the fuck

I know people in FE communities that aren't actually about FE get fixated on growth units, but they seriously think Wendy is good? Did they not notice the part where you can't even really train her because she isn't even good at the one thing her class is supposed to be good at, and joins in a chapter full of enemies of the same class that are better at it? I mean I once drank the "OMG don't use Marcus" kool-aid pretty unquestioningly but I still figured out that Wendy is impossibly useless like right away. I mean shit, even if she had a horse and a few levels and the same stats and bases she'd be comparable to, well, Treck.

Sue isn't really all that awesome. She has good speed and accuracy, but that doesn't make up for strength and durability issues. Rath joins too late. Guy has strength issues.

Yes yes and yes.

Lowen, jack of all stats, master of none describes him well.

Compared to Kent and Sain he's more DEF-oriented. It's saved my bacon a couple of times (e.g. 13x on first HHM playthrough). Granted, he doesn't get as good growths overall as Hector and Oswin, but he already has an awesome class and you can't have everything. Not many other units can rival 90%hp/40%def.

Florina doesn't deserve the praise she gets for her personality because of how weak and horrible it is.

Yeah, well, it's moe. So there. ;P

(Seriously, the designers were, as far as I can tell, expecting her to get praise for her personality exactly because of how weak and horrible it is, and they weren't even trolling, because it's a proven formula.)

Well, I can see Marcus in FE6 HM being relegated to just ferry duty after Chapter 13 should he be fielded, but man

FE7 Marcus

What a man

... dondon, I feel like 三朝元老 accurately describes Marcus, seeing that he has served under Elbert, then Eliwood, then Roy. Not sure how that idiom works in English though.

Compared to Kent and Sain he's more DEF-oriented. It's saved my bacon a couple of times (e.g. 13x on first HHM playthrough). Granted, he doesn't get as good growths overall as Hector and Oswin, but he already has an awesome class and you can't have everything. Not many other units can rival 90%hp/40%def.

From my standpoint, Lowen's being more defense-oriented doesn't really give him any major adavantages over Kent or Sain, since FE7 enemies... well, suck.

I still think Marcus is underrated. Everyone is still under the impression that he has to hit the bench at some point in the game.

I...dont know since im not a hard mode player. I could imagine he does a lot more in that mode than in others since in easier modes, other units can eventually do what Marcus does only a bit better.

Soren. I'm tired of hearing that he's the best mage ever or whatever (he's not even the best mage in any of the games he appears in!).

I used to hate all the Nino/Lilina praise, too, but it's so ridiculous it doesn't even bother me anymore.

wait wait wait what the fuck

I know people in FE communities that aren't actually about FE get fixated on growth units, but they seriously think Wendy is good? Did they not notice the part where you can't even really train her because she isn't even good at the one thing her class is supposed to be good at, and joins in a chapter full of enemies of the same class that are better at it? I mean I once drank the "OMG don't use Marcus" kool-aid pretty unquestioningly but I still figured out that Wendy is impossibly useless like right away. I mean shit, even if she had a horse and a few levels and the same stats and bases she'd be comparable to, well, Treck.

Considering some of these people also say Sophia is good, I don't see why it should be so surprising. YouTubers in general aren't the sharpest tools in the shed after all.
I forgot to add the "except defense" part. But I'm not really fond of how the offense with him is though. Maybe it could have been bad luck, or maybe I found him redundant. But unless if supports are being done, he's usually dropped when Sain and Kent rejoin.
Yeah, well, it's moe. So there. ;P

(Seriously, the designers were, as far as I can tell, expecting her to get praise for her personality exactly because of how weak and horrible it is, and they weren't even trolling, because it's a proven formula.)

I honestly can't see how that type of logic would work. In all opinionated honesty, "moe" doesn't excuse weak, poorly executed characters nor should it do so.

Soren. I'm tired of hearing that he's the best mage ever or whatever (he's not even the best mage in any of the games he appears in!).
Yeah, same... Tormod's way more useful. Edited by Mercenary Raven