Have you ever cheated?

Darros

28 members have voted

1. 1. So, have you?

• Yes
    • No

Just a question for all you people out there. Have you ever cheated in a draft? By cheating I mean using ROM modification to do something like give weapons h4x bonuses or edit movement range.

Does Savestate abuse count?

No, a lot of people do that.

inb4itturnsouttheydon't

However, wasting RNGs with undrafted characters (eg FE4 arena) does.

Edited by Darros

I only play Fe7 and earlier (and rare ly feds) on roms, but I play with speed increased. Nut cheating is it?

Edited by Elieson

I'm gonna remedy my reliance on FE12 savestates in a month. I'm not sure if dumping RNs counts, because I've done that twice in SS (once in Prologue, and again in Chapter 9, to ensure that Colm's first hit would connect).

I exploit holes in rules all the time, but I don't think I've actually cheated yet.

^

Although this is rather recent for me. I admit cheating by having characters get good level-ups in RD when Battle Save-abusing wasn't allowed.

I use savestates for pretty much every draft on emulator.

I have cheated, mostly just Abusing for good levels ups, and sometimes for a lucky miss (which my character has fairly good chances)... But i'd call that barely cheating... :rolleyes:

I dump RNs with drafted characters, but I first look for a way to do it 'naturally' by re-ordering attacks etc. Savestates only get involved if the first several attempts don't work or if it's needed later in the chapter.

Totally should make that patch...

Edited by zahlman

Battle saves, yeah, And another one in Fe12, wasting Rn's. Using the CycloDs RTS function. By entering arena/shop/armory etc you waste 1 RN, so I RTS sometimes when I need a hit to connect, and keep loading the RTS until it hits. Usually 50 % hit rates, otherwise, my startegy is to unreliable.

Also, Kopfjager knows a loophole I exploited in his fe12 draft. :P He fixed it immediately in his next draft. xD

I dump RNs with drafted characters, but I first look for a way to do it 'naturally' by re-ordering attacks etc.

Yep, that. Doubly so since FE4's RNG is at least modestly fixed, so returning to a state = returning to a normal save.

But seriously, who would modify a ROM for advantages in a draft? That's just fucked up.

But seriously, who would modify a ROM for advantages in a draft? That's just fucked up.

It is indeed.

FWIW, the patch idea I was mentioning in my post would be something that everyone in the draft would be expected to apply, to counter RN abuse. Not like Tony Mode, though. A rather different (and highly illogical if you think about it too much) approach.

BTW people seem to think dumping RNs with Seth in Prologue is OK. It's totally possible to dump the required 2 RNs with Eirika, though, so...

Another thing that occurs to me is that people seem to think it's OK to block reinforcement spawn points with undrafted units. :/

Edited by zahlman

I abuse Crits on bosses like Langbart and Leptor in FE4 because they are pricks to take down otherwise. I usually just restart a chapter if I miss hitrates in GBA games, because they don't really take me that long in the first place. I don't even know how to RNG abuse in Shadow Dragon, or use nightmare, so uh, nothing there either.

There was that one time where I accidently used a previously edited ROM in an FE4 draft, but I did restart that entire draft.