• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Fun fact: Yoshino Nanjo, who voiced Lisette in the Japanese version (also the genius behind Levia's vocals), also voiced the character Kiria in TMS.

So water witch(?) and ice idol, elementally coincidental. But I can't deny I love whenever "The Labyrinth" randomly activates in TMS, the disharmony between singing on a catwalk and the enemies being caught in a giant ice blender is fun.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Each witch has two main songs and there's five of them, also two "minor" short ones (Hilda has three including the Song of Ruin),

Five witches? Which element got cut?

• LA1 had seven: Fire, Water/Ice, Wind, Nature, Light, Dark, Thunder (the neutral attack magic element). 
  • LA2 had at six: Fire, Water, Wind, Nature, Light, Shadow Frost (Dark+Ice).
    • Although there was a seventh, less official one- the "Silver Witch". "Silver" Magic consisting of only two spells- a Res Up, and Silver Seal- which fully negates attack magic directed at the character it is applied to a limited number of hits (or turns?). I think in gameplay, units who were Silver-aligned were slightly naturally more resistant to magic too. Silver = sealing magic is the impression the game gives.

I think LA3 had only six witches no seventh at all, I wouldn't know exactly b/c it never came aboard, nor has been fan translated (I hope it does one day). And yet, I'm left with minor curiosity towards it. Because I want to know the backstory leading up to this:

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

In a world with many lovely ladies and lite dating sim elements, they included a wholesome gay option? 😄😘

How then is the gay guy (Dino) portrayed? I shouldn't expect anything good, but I'm interested in knowing.

I'll also say that Levi looks the coolest of the LA protags:

310?cb=20081102180642310?cb=20120613103118203?cb=20130221195514

Whether his personality matches the additional roughness and maturity of form at all is another question I have.

Blanc and Noire twins? Meet the Irises from Rune Factory Frontier:

latest?cb=20140410193953latest?cb=20140410194250

310?cb=20120724034734

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Three Houses has another one of those desert chapters......means obnoxious. It reminds pretty much on FE10's with tons of mages and Draco Knights. But instead of elsleep / -silence it features soem scorpions which piss the player off. It is not that the map is too difficult, it is just hard to get all the rewards because overpowered thiefs wreck them before I can. 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Five witches? Which element got cut?

• LA1 had seven: Fire, Water/Ice, Wind, Nature, Light, Dark, Thunder (the neutral attack magic element). 
  • LA2 had at six: Fire, Water, Wind, Nature, Light, Shadow Frost (Dark+Ice).
    • Although there was a seventh, less official one- the "Silver Witch". "Silver" Magic consisting of only two spells- a Res Up, and Silver Seal- which fully negates attack magic directed at the character it is applied to a limited number of hits (or turns?). I think in gameplay, units who were Silver-aligned were slightly naturally more resistant to magic too. Silver = sealing magic is the impression the game gives.

You have Water, Wind, Fire, Earth, and Time for elements in Stella Glow.
Not to mention a "Moon Witch", who is only referred to as such once in the entire game and never again (because she's not really a "Witch" so to speak). She's also not playable.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

ah!

tbf, the last gen i played was gen 4 then jumped to gen 7

These were the games where Pokémon was at its best from a pure gameplay perspective. Them and their sequels.
Still prefer Gen 1 creature design-wise, but hey.

Just one more week until Atelier Ryza.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The points in CS you only earn after finishing the game IIRC, and if memory serves, you need to play CS1 no less than 15 times to carry everything over.

Yeah, that's what sucks about it. Crossbell is easier on it, as the points you earn come from achivements. However, i think the achivements are one-time, meaning the points that you get from them are limited.

I hope they translate/remaster these soon. I kind of liked what I saw of Crossbell in CS2.

There's already viable translation patches for both Crossbell games. Zero's translation (at least the one i played, there's an updated one that's either already out or soon) is kinda literal but Azure's translation is fully complete. I can't link to either of them but a google search should help.

I hope they translate/remaster these soon. I kind of liked what I saw of Crossbell in CS2.

---

X4VfiKd.jpg

Which would you pick?

White version.

Jokes aside, White version was my first Pokemon game (though i had played Rumble Blast prior so that was technically my first Pokemon game).

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

tbf, the last gen i played was gen 4 then jumped to gen 7

Damn, you missed out on the best gen.

*Looks at previous page* Huh, I'm a bit surprised there was a response to that.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Damn, you missed out on the best gen.

I'm guessing you mean the fifth one?

Personally, for me there was a skip from the third to the sixth. Not out of disinterest or so; but rather, not able to aquire a DS. Then I missed out on the seventh too, though once more not for not caring. Might become a second gap since it doesn't look like I'll participate in the eighth, either.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I was kinda out of Pokemon for a while after gen 4. Gen 7 brought me back in for a bit, but i am out again tbh

If Gen 4 took you out of Pokemon, i kinda don't blame you. I wouldn't call Gen 4 bad but the gameplay was very slow, and it's one of my biggest gripes with the Generation.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm guessing you mean the fifth one?

Yeah, Gen 5 was the best. As far as mainline Pokemon stories go, Gen 5 had the best. Unova in B2W2 is also pretty sweet and to this day, Neo Team Plasma is the only villain team that feels like an actual threat. Also, their battle theme. B2W2 also just has the best overall content in the series.

As for the actual Pokemon introduced, that's something i need to think about. I'm not gonna say Gen 5 introduced the best Pokemon but i also won't say it didn't. Gen 5 still introduced better Pokemon than Gen 1, though every Gen has introduced overall better Pokemon than Gen 1 imo. 

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

EHgVn1jXkAEl2SR?format=png&name=900x900

To recall a line from the Daodeijing, "Hard things break, soft things just give way".

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/10/random_japans_favourite_nintendo_character_devours_the_competition_once_more

A monthly "Favorite Nintendo Character" poll from Nintendo Dream- a Japanese gaming magazine.:

1. Kirby – 189pt
2. Mario – 111pt
3. Link – 96pt
4. Pikachu
5. Luigi
6 Isabelle
7. Zelda
8. Dimitri
9. Yoshi
10. Peach

Yes, Japan loves Kirby that much. It isn't uncommon seeing them up there.

And, "flavor of the month" much with everyone's favorite Dodongo getting 8th?

OoS_Dimitri_Artwork.png?version=19b2c88a

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

If Gen 4 took you out of Pokemon, i kinda don't blame you. I wouldn't call Gen 4 bad but the gameplay was very slow, and it's one of my biggest gripes with the Generation.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No no. I love gen 4. I just had enough of Pokemon, so to say xD

but yeah, the slow speed ugh. Especially those HP bars going d.o.o.w.n.

Edited by Shrimperor

10 hours ago, Rena Strober said:

HI! I forgot my password from my original account and it won't send me a link to create a new one..so I had to start a new account..but it's ME!

Oh, sorry for question your identity.

Since I already saw this account before I thought it could be a fake profile. 

But anyways hello and WB! 

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

Just one more week until Atelier Ryza.

Two weeks where I live. Sad times.

---

Also, here's my honest reaction to certain... things happening in Fairy Fencer f earlier:
73612fd56166718dc4136f68c3b9f63e69244e99

Edited by DragonFlames

Tfw game tells you you don't have anything to do anymore
20191023035528_1.jpg

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Two weeks where I live. Sad times.

---

Also, here's my honest reaction to certain... things happening in Fairy Fencer f earlier:
73612fd56166718dc4136f68c3b9f63e69244e99

Reached the mid point?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Tfw game tells you you don't have anything to do anymore
20191023035528_1.jpg

Nice!
This menu looks similar to FFF, only this one is blue.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Reached the mid point?

A-yup. It wasn't as bad as Re;Birth 2 Conquest, purely from a traumatic experience perspective (or I'm just hardened to that stuff by now due to the aforementioned case), but those reveals and happenings still had me making the Nepgya-face (or at least I would have made it if I could). Gotta hand it to the IF/CH writing team, however. They know how to write drama when they want to.
... Though the game had me rolling on the floor with laughter not three minutes later, so all is fine. For now.
I guess I can show what it was that made me laugh so hard without spoiling anything:
TFHX3Ch.jpg
"Tsundomasochistic" is a word, apparently.

11 minutes ago, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

EDELGARD WILL DESTROY ALL!!!!

OtVtKpu.jpg