The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Looks more like the double beam saber of the Gelgoog:

At around 53 seconds mark.

The matching color means it's closer an inspiration than Darth Maul's lightsaber, in my opinion. Could be both, though.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The matching color means it's closer an inspiration than Darth Maul's lightsaber, in my opinion. Could be both, though.

Kirby 64 was released on March 24, 2000. The Phantom Menace was May 19, 1999. Within a year sounds feasible for it being part of an international Star Wars craze. The lightsaber color difference could be a way of avoiding legal issues, or reflects that this is Spark+Cutter's copy ability. Plus, Dark Side Red doesn't suit Kirby, it doesn't even suit Meta Knight.

Though your clip is from Gundam, which is 13% of the Japanese national spirit.

I suppose it depends since when the game was in development.

Wikipedia has it it began in late 1997. I've also seen the game was originally announced for the N64DD, which was known since 1995 though release was not until 1999, so it can check out. The movie premiered in Japan in July 1999.

Like I said, I don't deny the idea of a double-bladed beam saber could've come from The Phantom Menace. I just see the beam sabers of Gundam to be a more plausible inspiration.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20200207-125351_1.png

Holy shit, they are making Texas 2.

There was a meme going around that was one of those "someone mislabels U.S. states" memes, and it had Minnesota as Texas 2. Wonder if there's a connection.

41 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

There was a meme going around that was one of those "someone mislabels U.S. states" memes, and it had Minnesota as Texas 2. Wonder if there's a connection.

It was exactly that.

For those who don't know what i'm talking about

EQMLEGrVUAAY95a?format=png&name=900x900

12 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

huh. I thought it didn't work that way. I should take note of that then...

It does, although it could partly be the internet, the frame buffer is still very much noticable.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Translation's been out for like two years.

I can't imagine playing a game with a spreadsheet, that sounds painful. Like being forced to sit front row at a movie theater.

As far as I know the translation has been completed just a few months ago. 

I have no real issue with using a spreadsheet. Since I use two different devices (Pc and PSP), I do not have to use two windows. The only other way than using a spreadsheet, would be watching a LP what would have spoiled me. For Vesperia I used a spreadsheet too, and it worked. 

BTW when I heared the name Noel and saw her for the first time, I thought it would be a guy since she did not look female due to her hat, and Noel is a male name. 

Edited by Falcom Knight

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

I didn't know any cheese tactics for 7th Dragon III so i was just playing the game like normal. Which meant dealing with Hypnos' status effects. Which is kinda tough given how restrictive you are in doing that.

The trick is to know which status effects are the most dangerous for your team and equip stuff to block those. Hypnos' (and ND's, for that matter) status spam can be made somewhat bearable if you do that.
To tell you the truth, I only discovered that cheese tactic in my third or so playthrough, so I don't blame you for not knowing of it.

15 hours ago, Karimlan said:

I guess FF6's Kefka counts here (and other FF final--excuse the pun--bosses that reduce everyone's HP to 1).

Haven't played FF6, so I can't exactly comment on it, but as Armagon said:

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

Attacks that reduce everyone's HP to 1 are so fucking stupid. Like, it might as well have just insta-killed. Yeah, you do get a chance to recover HP but that's only if the turn order is in your favor and the like.

Every enemy Mystic Arte in older Tales games falls under this, too. Ugh.

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me that I read they made the EON superboss read your command inputs, an evil strat.

Really? I had no idea it had that kind of strat to it. And fighting it didn't feel like it did. Like most other bosses, I believe it follows a specific pattern that you can exploit to your advantage: every I think it was 4 or so turns, it charges an attack and does nothing for the turn after that. On its following turn, it will heal as much HP as you did damage to it during the previous turn, which you can easily exploit by using that turn to place ailments on it, buff your team or heal up.

In fact, while I've played EOIV, U, U2, and V on the highest difficulty, I think just have to accept it's okay to turn it down if I'm not having fun.

No one's going to fault you for doing so. I almost never play games on the highest difficulty setting, anyway, unless I'm confident I can do it and have fun while doing so. Games are meant to be fun, after all.

Best part would be it likely inspired this:

K64_A_SparkCutter.png

Darth Kirby.

---
Moar CS3 funsies:
Bvy8f5O.jpg
yR2oc8X.jpg

In the immortal words of George Takei: "Oh my..."

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Hmm

Is Musse a dragon girl that has been single for a 1000 years? Would explain her thirst.

And the green hair.

All jokes aside, the game constantly alludes to her being more than meets the eye at first. Wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that she's like Emma or something.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And the green hair.

All jokes aside, the game constantly alludes to her being more than meets the eye at first. Wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that she's like Emma or something.

Emma, but Dragon.

I am in xD

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@Armagon @Falcom Knight There's both an old and a new tl. Old tl has been out for a while now, while new tl is still in the works

https://geofront.esterior.net/

Old one is the one i used. 

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Every enemy Mystic Arte in older Tales games falls under this, too. Ugh.

Wait, why the fuck are there attacks that reduce HP to 1 in an action RPG? That sounds way worse than it's turn-based variant.

I mean, i know you can pause and heal but still, why?

32 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Moar CS3 funsies:

Musse knows exactly what she's doing

TIL Sonic Fsmash outranges Byleth's.

I made an..... interesting discovery in FE5:

Karin took a crit by a jormungand in chapter 17a. 

I checked out the possibility because seeing Karin taking a crit seems quite odd due to her high luck. 

Checked out Karin's luck: 18

Checked out the critrate of all the mages: 18 at best

...... How on earth could they crit her!? 

Edited by Falcom Knight

A friend of mine keeps insisting that Taco Bell is good. It's not. It's fucking trash. Taco Bell is baby's first Hispanic food. And why eat a taco when you can eat an arepa which is objectively superior.

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Emma, but Dragon.

I am in xD

I had a feeling Musse's antics would be the main source of comedy in this game.
Turns out I was right on point. XD

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, why the fuck are there attacks that reduce HP to 1 in an action RPG? That sounds way worse than it's turn-based variant.

I mean, i know you can pause and heal but still, why?

That is an excellent question. And one I don't have an answer to.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Musse knows exactly what she's doing

The only question I have about all of that is if there is a reason she's doing that besides just being a giant tease who made Rean her main target (kinda like the suspiciously similarly named Muzét in Tales of Xillia).
Now, I wouldn't exactly mind if there wasn't, because she's funny enough as it is, but given all the other mysteries surrounding her that the game has alluded to so far, I would not be surprised if there was some other reason for her behavior. Time will tell, I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I made an..... interesting discovery in FE5:

Karin took a crit by a jormungand in chapter 17a. 

I checked out the possibility because seeing Karin taking a crit seems quite odd due to her high luck. 

Checked out Karin's luck: 18

Checked out the critrate of all the mages: 18 at best

...... How on earth could they crit her!? 

Kaga shenanigans, I guess.