The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aha! So that's where Demyx comes from...

Can't say I recognize that name. It does feel familiar, though.
Do they use instruments to fight, too?

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

The real problem is that Phoenix has a second mystic arte that he only uses when defeated, and even then, it only has a chance to activate. Not to mention that the automatic occurence of Shigure's MA during his HBFs does not count as having seen it; he must use it during the battle itself. And did I mention there's two variants of it, and both count towards this? In case you're wondering, the second variant is used if Rokurou is in the party, and involves him blocking it.

Since I have Rokurou in my party nonstop, I have seen the version where he blocks Shigure's. I never saw the unblocked one, though.
As for Phoenix, I didn't even know he had one. I figured he had to have one, but he strangely never used it when I fought him. So that was the reason.

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Relevant: Armonics = weapons that are also instruments. We're talking stuff like:
- a guitar that is also a hammer
- a violin sword and shield
- a bow that is also a harp
- a GIANT lance that doubles as a flute (and yes, it looks as ridiculous as it sounds)
- a keyboard cannon

Where's the oboe? I guess oboes are weapons without gods blessing them.

Also, armonics is a genius name. I guess it just struck a chord with me. And I suppose that they're a MAJOR thing in that world? Also, I bet the trumpet would be a pain in the Brass to fight. Shouldn't the violin be a bow, though?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Character from Kingdom Hearts. Fights with a sitar.

Alternatively, this joke works too with Eternal Sonata.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

He's a character from the Kingdom Hearts series. He fights with a sitar and water elemental attacks.

Edited by Shadow Mir

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Since I have Rokurou in my party nonstop, I have seen the version where he blocks Shigure's. I never saw the unblocked one, though.
As for Phoenix, I didn't even know he had one. I figured he had to have one, but he strangely never used it when I fought him. So that was the reason.

I see. Also, when you were talking about Abyss, were you referencing Lost Fon Drive (which required Luke at 15% health or less, with the Key of Lorelei equipped, and pressing Attack + Artes + Guard all at the same time)?

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

Where's the oboe? I guess oboes are weapons without gods blessing them.

In my initial list, I forgot about the Halberd that is also used as a wind instrument, but I couldn't tell you which one it is. It might be an oboe, actually, but I'll have to check when I recruit the character that has it.

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, armonics is a genius name. I guess it just struck a chord with me. And I suppose that they're a MAJOR thing in that world? Also, I bet the trumpet would be a pain in the Brass to fight. Shouldn't the violin be a bow, though?

Game's called Shining Resonance Refrain, should that have gotten you interested in checking it out.
Music is a major part of that game's story. Gist is, there are World Dragons who taught people how to communicate with them through song. The Shining Dragon, the most powerful of the World Dragons, gifted them with the Armonics so they could help him fight off an ancient evil in the distant past.
"Pain in the Brass", eh? I see what you did there. XD

It would have been logical to make the violin a bow, that's true. But in this case, the body is used as a shield, whereas the bow is the sword. Sounds weird, but it works, somehow.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Character from Kingdom Hearts. Fights with a sitar.

11 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

He's a character from the Kingdom Hearts series. He fights with a sitar and water elemental attacks.

Thank you both!

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

I see. Also, when you were talking about Abyss, were you referencing Lost Fon Drive (which required Luke at 15% health or less, with the Key of Lorelei equipped, and pressing Attack + Artes + Guard all at the same time)?

Exactly that one. I don't know why, but Eleanor has that one as well and it is much easier to activate, no near-death required.

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Exactly that one. I don't know why, but Eleanor has that one as well and it is much easier to activate, no near-death required.

Incidentally, Symphonia had a Mystic Arte with those exact same requirements (main character equipped with a specific weapon and at critical HP, and you had to press Attack/Artes/Guard; the re-releases gave Kratos one that ALSO has these requirements, and an additional one; either Lloyd must not be in the party OR if he is, Lloyd must not be using the Material Blades, which he must have equipped for his Mystic Arte). Symphonia also has a Mystic Arte with exceedingly strict requirements as to be impractical (Presea's Crimson Devastation; first, it requires Beast having been used 200+ times. Second, she needs the Mighty Charge compound EX skill (requires Taunt and Power Charge). Third - and this is where things get really dicey - everyone else must be KOed. Fourth, she must have critical health. Fifth, she needs to be in Over Limit. Sixth, she needs to activate Mighty Charge, which will fail more often than not. THEN she needs to use Beast while in Over Limit. Oy!).

Edited by Shadow Mir

Mystic Artes...

Try as I might, I don't think I've actually used them in ToS...? Wait, did regular ToS had them or was this something added to the PS2 version? Huh...

For it's worth, I have the PS3 edition of ToS and its sequel, so I have the option to try them out some day.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Mystic Artes...

Try as I might, I don't think I've actually used them in ToS...? Wait, did regular ToS had them or was this something added to the PS2 version? Huh...

For it's worth, I have the PS3 edition of ToS and its sequel, so I have the option to try them out some day.

Lloyd, Colette, and Genis had them in the original version. The re-releases gave everyone else except Sheena, who has her summons, one (Presea and Zelos have two).

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Perhaps I really have gone off the deep end, but now I can't stop thinking about what a meeting between those two would be like.

Lord of Spirits vs. Aegis, hmm... *Weighs the options when it comes to who to side with, regardless of who would win or lose (Mythra is probably canonically stronger)*

My apologies, but if neutrality is no option, then don't try to kill me Mythra, and I won't try to kill you. Now don't force me to pick between Jude and Rex.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Also, I bet the trumpet would be a pain in the Brass to fight.

Trumpet? Pffffffff! I play the Saxoflare card!

70?cb=20140201015433

Technically, Lyude's weapon is just a weird brass gun:

latest?cb=20121221235121

But, all of his Magnus are brass wind instruments, and all his finishers have musical terms for names.

Alright, I just finished Megadimension Neptunia! Thank you @Armagon for linking me the requirements for the happy ending. The final boss was very easy, even if I was level 90. Now I'm doing loose ends like quest ranks, Coliseum, and other such stuff. 

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, i do vaugely remember Milla punching things. I played the Tales gacha game a few years ago because i didn't know any better which is why i know that.

No, the brawler in this game is Jude Mathis.

10 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Relevant:

I was trying to find an extended version of the first battle theme for Jude, but had no luck.

This is good avertisement to play this game.

When I saw Mythra the first time I instantly called her Milla 2.0.

Not only that she looks like her, she also has similar traits.

As for a brawler protagonist, Tales of Graces kinda counts too because

Spoiler

the brawler is not the actual protagonist but got the most spotlight of all characters.

Spoiler

And she shares the name of a protagonist in an Atelier game.

Spoiler

And she shares the VA of Sothis and Anelace.

Edited by Falcom Knight

19 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Incidentally, Symphonia had a Mystic Arte with those exact same requirements (main character equipped with a specific weapon and at critical HP, and you had to press Attack/Artes/Guard; the re-releases gave Kratos one that ALSO has these requirements, and an additional one; either Lloyd must not be in the party OR if he is, Lloyd must not be using the Material Blades, which he must have equipped for his Mystic Arte). Symphonia also has a Mystic Arte with exceedingly strict requirements as to be impractical (Presea's Crimson Devastation; first, it requires Beast having been used 200+ times. Second, she needs the Mighty Charge compound EX skill (requires Taunt and Power Charge). Third - and this is where things get really dicey - everyone else must be KOed. Fourth, she must have critical health. Fifth, she needs to be in Over Limit. Sixth, she needs to activate Mighty Charge, which will fail more often than not. THEN she needs to use Beast while in Over Limit. Oy!).

TL;DR: Those Mystic Artes are utterly, utterly useless.

---

Shining Resonance, why are you so pretty?
YqPnlGC.jpg

2 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Just have come from my little journey........with public transport.

If I should not be here the next days, you know why.

Oof. My orchestra practice was cancelled because of Dawn Brigade Virus. I guess Miciaih gave people Corona so they can spend the Daein?

6 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

... This is way..... too selfless of her.

Jokes aside I am scared, but it would only suit if the first positive news of 2020 would be the sars-cov-4 test.

Yeah. Hope you're ok.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

TL;DR: Those Mystic Artes are utterly, utterly useless.

Sounds about right. That being said, If by some coincidence I'm low enough to use Shining Bind or Falcon Crest, then sure, I'll use them, but Crimson Devastation requires me to actively go out of my way to use it, considering how exorbitant the requirements are.

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 Houses spoilers:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Edelgard exists

Thanks for reading that highly unimportant message.