• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, my newest playthrough of CK2 is getting quite interesting. After the Shia rose in Africa, taking almost all the coast, they got almost annexed by the Abbassids, who now have most of the African coast, plus practically the entire Middle East. They've been quite aggressive, since the Caliph's threat level is almost at 100%, so any war he starts has EVERYBODY from Christians to Pagans to the Easterners to fellow Muslims jumping at him. Then the Seljuks spawned; and now it's a clash of titans as they just declared war on the Abbassids.

Good for me, otherwise they'd jump in the defense of the Umayyads, who am I chipping away little by little since of course I'm doing the Reconquista...

7 hours ago, Nobody said:

qxq2283szoj31.png

WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST HECKING SAY TO ME, YOU NOHRIAN SCUM! I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I AM THE HIGH PRINCE OF HOSHIDO AND I'VE BEEN INVOLVED IN NUMEROUS HISTORY MAPS AND I HAVE OVER 300,000 CONFIRMED KILLS! I AM HIGHLY TRAINED IN ADVANCED SWORDFIGHTING TECHNIQUES AND LIGHTNING MAGIC! YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME BUT JUST ANOTHER EXP. GAIN! I WILL WIPE YOU THE HELL OUT WITH PRECISION WITH METHODS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN SEEN IN THIS MULTIVERSE BEFORE, MARK MY DAMN WORDS! YOU THINK YOU CAN GER AWAY WITH SAYING THAT SHIT TO ME IN A SUPPORT CONVO? THINK AGAIN, SCUM! AS WE SPEAK I AM PREPARING MY NINJA RETAINER SQUAD AND YOUR LOCATION IS BEING TRACED RIGHT NOW SO YOU BETTER PREPARE FOR THE STORM, MAGGOT. THE LIGHTNING STORM THAT WIPES OUT THE PATHETIC THING YOU CALL YOUR LIFE! YOU'RE DOOMED, NOHRIAN! I CAN BE ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, AND I CAN KILL YOU IN HUNDREDS OF WAYS! AND THAT'S JUST WITH MY RAJINTO! NOT ONLY AM I EXTENSIVELY TRAINED IN SWORDS AND ELEMENTAL MAGIC, BUT I HAVE ACCESS TO THE ENTIRE ARSENAL OF SWORDS AND TOMES IN MY SISTER'S CONVOY AND I WILL USE IT TO ITS FULL EXTENT TO WIPE YOUR FACE OF THE CONTINENT, YOU LITTLE SHIT. IF ONLY YOU COULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT UNHOLY RETRIBUTION YOUR LITTLE "CLEVER" COMMENT WAS ABOUT TO BRING DOWN UPON YOU, MAYBE YOU WOULD'VE HELD YOUR FRICKEN TONGUE. BUT YOU COULDN'T, YOU DIDN'T, AND NOW YOU'RE PAYING THE PRICE, YOU GODSDAMN IDIOT. I WILL RAIN FURY ALL OVER YOU AND YOU WILL DROWN IN IT. YOU HAVE BREATHED YOUR LAST!!!

Great work though, whoever did it. But you should've made the writing more readable.

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

HV1Jdmo.jpg
I'll never not laugh at this attack haha

Me either, though I've only ever seen a video of it. This, the Neptune+Plutia combo attack, bigger Neptune's Pudding, and Nepgeardam are probably the funniest attacks in any JRPG I've played.
The best part about Pudding: it seems to be doing more damage than any other SP-using skill in MegaNep VII. Cross Combination? Tornado Sword? Zerstörung? Sylhet Spear? Panzer Blade? Brave Cannon? All weaker than f***ing Pudding. XD

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The best part about Pudding: it seems to be doing more damage than any other SP-using skill in MegaNep VII. Cross Combination? Tornado Sword? Zerstörung? Sylhet Spear? Panzer Blade? Brave Cannon? All weaker than f***ing Pudding. XD

Pudding, the Strongest thing ever!

11 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

This, the Neptune+Plutia combo attack, bigger Neptune's Pudding, and Nepgeardam are probably the funniest attacks in any JRPG I've played.

I deadass don't remember Adult Nep's Pudding attack. Either my memory doesn't work or i never got Adult Nep's level high enough to learn it.

But i'm not surprised that Pudding is among the strongest attacks in the game.

6 hours ago, Hekselka said:

Jesus Christ Blade when?!

I'd unironically pay money for a Jesus Christ Blade in Xenoblade 2.

Please Monolith Soft, make another season pass for the game, i need more excuses to throw money in your direction.

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Pudding, Pudding

Pudding Pudding indeed.

Yeah i never saw that attack in my playthrough so that must mean i never got Adult Nep to the level where she learnes it.

Speaking of Adult Nep, did you ever see the OVA with her (which i suppose also asks the question, did you ever watch the Neptunia anime?)

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah i never saw that attack in my playthrough so that must mean i never got Adult Nep to the level where she learnes it.

she learns it around lvl ~48 iirc

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of Adult Nep, did you ever see the OVA with her (which i suppose also asks the question, did you ever watch the Neptunia anime?)

i didn't ...

I usually avoid gaming adaptations, considering how bad they usually are...

(not to mention i haven't been in anime mood lately, at all)

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

i didn't ...

I usually avoid gaming adaptations, considering how bad they usually are...

(not to mention i haven't been in anime mood lately, at all)

Ah. Yeah, gaming adaptations are typically bad (I watched the Trails in the Sky OVAs last year and it........was a thing). Thankfully though, the Neptunia anime is one of the very few good ones, mainly because it's Neptunia so it just works.

If Monolith needs more money and a new project, maybe give them Pokemon for a change and take the burden off Game Freak. That Pokemon Masters gatcha came out, and I'm not very interested in it, though I'm happy for those who are. I can understand the joy of getting to use trainers who've you bonded to for years for the first time.

But, I've come to something of a realization that what allure Pokemon had for me might not have so much been the battles or the trainers, as it was the world- or at least it is now. And, Monolith is aces when it comes to making open worlds.

A gorgeous open-world spinoff, set in a brand new region, or maybe Hoenn (the most "wild" of regions I'm familiar with, plus it'd having underwater exploration- something Monolith hasn't tried before). Not all wilderness, I do appreciate Pokemon towns and cities, but I'd rather they not be as urban as Kanto, more "settlements and outposts" of varying sizes in a primarily untamed region.

And speaking of Pokemon, I had a 🤯 moment recently.

I never played ORAS, only RSE, so when I saw Brendan's (Hoenn male player character) Masters appearance, I asked why his white hair had become a hat.

Then I was told his hair was never white, which struck me as odd. So I went back to examine the old RSE artwork, to discover that a tiny bit of black sideburns stuck out from under the headband near his left ear on the Emerald art. It was then that I realized that indeed, the white was a hat. And looking at the white "hair" again, I realized it looked too blobular like a jello mold to be hair, but only now in retrospect did I see that.

May>>>>>>Brendan visually then. As hair, the white was cool and made Brendan=May, but as a hat, it is dorky. Being very new to me, I won't judge his ORAS redesigns.

Note: I am not against white hats that cover all or most of a teenage male's hair, Atsuro my Atsubro rocks one.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That Pokemon Masters gatcha came out, and I'm not very interested in it, though I'm happy for those who are. I can understand the joy of getting to use trainers who've you bonded to for years for the first time.

That's pretty much my feelings on Masters. It's cool but not for me. Though i will say the best thing to come out of it is the tsunami of Rosa fanart.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But, I've come to something of a realization that what allure Pokemon had for me might not have so much been the battles or the trainers, as it was the world- or at least it is now. And, Monolith is aces when it comes to making open worlds.

A gorgeous open-world spinoff, set in a brand new region, or maybe Hoenn (the most "wild" of regions I'm familiar with, plus it'd having underwater exploration- something Monolith hasn't tried before). Not all wilderness, I do appreciate Pokemon towns and cities, but I'd rather they not be as urban as Kanto, more "settlements and outposts" of varying sizes in a primarily untamed region.

It definitely would be great to see Monolith Soft's take on a Pokemon world. Sword&Shield seem to be bigger than previous games but the routes are probably gonna have a more sandbox feel ala Mario Odyssey. An actual open-world (or open world-lite) would be great if done by Monolith though that means the battle system would also have to change. Drastically. I don't really know how Pokemon would work as an action RPG. That's why, as cool as it sounds, i've never really been for open world Pokemon games because the question in my mind is always "so how are the battles gonna work" because turn-based and open world don't really mix.

I have beaten BE around past midnight (because I failed to sleep in). 

Final chapter was not really harder than GD because I was a bit overleveled. Boss was a bit tougher but only because of their huge attack range. Ingrid almost solo'd the map, was also my MVP with about 50 kills ahead to second place (Byleth). 

I liked the route more plot wise despite it was shorter than GD. 

I will play BL next and not do church. 

Sometimes, i do things. 

EDWKveKVAAA24YI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Like ranking all 225 playable Fire Emblem girls (you might have to zoom in on that). The list is unordered because there's 225 of them and i'm not ordering all of them, so i simply put them in the tiers. Unranked means that they aren't ranked in comparison for certain reasons. Oh and as for the Heroes OCs, only the ones that are playable by default are on there (so no Veronica or Gunnthra, for example).

Here's a link to the template in case you wanna have a go at it.

Edited by Armagon

Man, I don't think I could do one of those.

Ask me to rank just about anything; and it's almost guaranteed you'll have me stumped for days. Maybe weeks... then I just drop it.

On 9/1/2019 at 11:43 AM, Shrimperor said:

Pudding, the Strongest thing ever!

Indeed!

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

I deadass don't remember Adult Nep's Pudding attack. Either my memory doesn't work or i never got Adult Nep's level high enough to learn it.

But i'm not surprised that Pudding is among the strongest attacks in the game.

Pudding was legitimately the last hit on the final boss...
My main party in MegaNep VII is Neptune (Purple Heart), Nepgear, Uzume, and Neptune (the bigger one), so... bosses either become REALLY awesome (Next Purple or Uzume's DBZ-style punching combo) or REALLY funny (Umio Heaven, Nepgeardam and Pudding). Sometimes both.

Post-game Dark CPU fights at the Colosseum? Throw Pudding at them!
Boss at the end of that 5-floor nightmare dungeon in Heart Dimension that looks suspiciously like the final boss of Re;Birth 1? Throw Pudding on it!
Works every time.

17 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Pudding, Pudding

Adult Neptune best girl.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah. Yeah, gaming adaptations are typically bad (I watched the Trails in the Sky OVAs last year and it........was a thing). Thankfully though, the Neptunia anime is one of the very few good ones, mainly because it's Neptunia so it just works.

The Tales of the Abyss anime isn't entirely bad, either, it just rushes through the plot a bit (but the most important stuff is still there). And some people said that the Tales of Zestiria anime is even better than the game, story-wise (I have no strong feelings on either, but I liked them both). There were also a few OVAs for Tales of Symphonia, but I've never seen those, so I can't judge them.

I'm quite indecisive and rather considerate, the idea of ranking everyone would be too much for me. 

Just finished off TearRing Saga, the ending took more than an hour to get through I think. Slow moving dialogue partly, and partly me wanting to carefully take everything in.

I posted a review of sorts in the "Watcha Playing?" topic, but I didn't give it a number or letter grade. As I said, I'm not good with ranking, so I couldn't determine what it should get, nor where it'd fall on list of FEs from favorite to least.

Honestly I think to play FE5 with its "new" patch before I will do Blue Lions since I wanted to do it anyways, and honestly I wanted to take a little break of 3H.

I would get tried by playing the first twelve maps all over again.

I need a bit variery right now.

3 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

I wanna rank all the Fire Emblem charas one day...

It is less work than doing a sorter.

Idk how long a sorter would take of about 500 characters.

For doing a sorter of about 170 Touhou characters I needed more than an hour.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The Tales of the Abyss anime isn't entirely bad, either, it just rushes through the plot a bit (but the most important stuff is still there). And some people said that the Tales of Zestiria anime is even better than the game, story-wise (I have no strong feelings on either, but I liked them both). There were also a few OVAs for Tales of Symphonia, but I've never seen those, so I can't judge them.

TotA had an anime? Interesting.

I've seen some of the ToS OVAs. They were good, I think. It's been years.

Can't comment on ToZ. I'm currently watching the anime since it's airing on TV; but I haven't played the game, so can't compare. I've liked the anime so far, though.