The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yep, think it works for Halloween?

I like Alfimi from what I saw of her character in OG2 as well (I haven't the faintest about what happened to her personality after that)

I suppose. The Einst certainly qualify for cosmic horror, Alfimi's mecha included.

Her personality? I think it's mostly the same. It certainly changed, considering what happens to her. Maybe that brief time in the Endless Frontier too.

It makes me wonder what will happen in the future, though. Since her seiyuu died years ago, iirc. Moon Dwellers is the last game made in OG continuity so far, right?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Mario & Luigi was the better Mario RPG series.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The color scheme looks off to me, unless that was intentional. Komo Mai, the festive city of the Anuenue, is quite verdant. The clothing looks too modern as well, like semi-sci-fi jackets. The other town in Anuenue has a great waterfall, so why wouldn't that be here.

The spires don't seem right either. The world map image of Anuenue has it look like Komo Mai has some towers if you focus your eyes on it, but none of that is emphasized in what you see of the town. There is the stupendously large Celestial Tree in Anuenue, but the tree isn't in Komo Mai, it is very far away. Not to mention these spires don't have branches and leaves like trees should.

Komo Mai does have colorful decoration, that is correct. And if this had to be Komo Mai, I'd pin it as being a loose rendition of the approach to the palace of Queen Corellia.: 

180?cb=20110305034415KomoMai2.jpg

Yeah, looking at the images you provided, it doesn't seem to be Komo Mai is in that illustration. Other than the colorful setting, it looks distinct enough.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That would be very unlikely.

latest?cb=20131213234532

I can't believe Pac-Man is canon in the Baten Kaitos universe.

15 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Did XB2 ever got an official popularity poll?

Kind of curious.

As far as i'm aware, it did not.

However, there was an official fanart contest, which you can see here. There are spoilers for Xenoblade 2 all the way to the end of the game.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Mario & Luigi was the better Mario RPG series.

That's a bummer to hear.

Part of me wants to comment of that; but for all I've heard, I don't have much to say on Paper Mario beyond Super Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi beyond Superstar Saga.

I just learned that mechs have an actual personality.

Generally I really do not care for robots in RPGs. To say it really harsh they are just gigantic metal trash for me. 

CSII has them, and I am serious, these mech fights were the weakest part of the series for me. And I am not too excited that they will return in III, probably even in a higher amount. I prefer battles among humans or animals / beasts.  

11 hours ago, Hekselka said:

Oh and we're october now! 

Month of the Witches and other cute stuff!

Month of the Witches, eh? Time for an appropriate profile pic change, then!

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

Right so, when it says three years, what it actually means is that Year 2 is technically Year 1. It's weird but basically you have until the deadline in Year 4, June 1st. Also no, you don't need max rank. Unless you're refering to diamond rank in which case, yeah you do need that. Do that and the game is extended by two years. The actual highest rank is Cobalt but that isn't needed. You're at Gold so you're actually one more rank away from the first goal (Platinum comes before Diamond). And i will say, you are doing way better than i did. I did not have Gold rank at that point in time.

Oh.
I guess I panicked for nothing, then. Again.
Damn it, Totori!

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, that's kinda how it is in Meruru as well. Characters will join at levels higher than the princess but it's not as bad because Meruru can actually fight. She's not particularly strong but she can actually take some hits.

Come to think of it, it was like that in Sophie and Lulua as well. And it does make sense from a story-telling perspective. After all, the others are usually more experienced fighters (or in this case, more experienced alchemists) than the protagonists.
I'm just so used to being several levels higher than new characters that join my party (because it usually is that way in other JRPGs for me) that I think I'm woefully underleveled when it happens in Atelier.

Edited by DragonFlames

Never played the rpg mario series so I can’t say much about the quality of their games but it’s always sad to see a developer go under.

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Month of the Witches, eh? Time for an appropriate profile pic change, then!

Top taste. Hilda is best Stella Glow girl and has best ending.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I can't believe Pac-Man is canon in the Baten Kaitos universe.

You'd have to go out of your way and need a guide or a really strong Pac-Man awareness to get him in Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean.

Spoiler

You have to play, in exactly this order: Cherries, Strawberries, Orange, Apple, Melon. Why so many fruit and why that arrangement?

107px-Bonus_Fruit_Spirit.png 

Fruit gives bonus points if collected in the original Pac-Man game. And the fruit spawn in the Cherry-Strawberry-Orange-Apple-Melon order.

Finding all the fruit in EWatLO isn't easy, not helped by the fact that fruit cards can spoil after hours pass. The Cherries come pretty late too, after the rest of the stuff is long available and you'll likely have to go back and get some of them. Did I mention Melons are their own combo (albeit with a pretty big hint here if you read every Magnus's description carefully)?

If you do end up making him, Pac-Man is a Neutral 90 Atk Magnus that anyone can use, and given 14 hours of aging, it'll transform twice and increase in Atk to 150. Pac never goes bad though.

As for Origins, there is a sidequest associated with Pac, you obtain him as a Quest Magnus. Then, you must feed him 147 other Quest Magnus (all the ones that aren't one-of-a-kind, the special ones he can't eat). A tiny handful of which are potentially permanently missable.

Unfortunately, the "feeding" can't be "select a card, give to Pac", you have to put it next to his card and then wait a few minutes to pass. But, the real problem is that, although BKO has a section on the menu that keeps track of all your sidequests, it doesn't show you what Quest Magnus you've already fed Pac-Man. Meaning you have to keep your own independent 147-item checklist and mark off each of them yourself.

The ultimate reward from all this? Pac-Man will transform into a Quest Magnus that passively turns all your attacks into critical hits. That is a massive damage increase, albeit by the time you can complete this sidequest, at best you have only the final dungeon left. So it isn't really worth it pragmatically speaking.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh.
I guess I panicked for nothing, then. Again.
Damn it, Totori!

It's ok, i did too.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm just so used to being several levels higher than new characters that join my party (because it usually is that way in other JRPGs for me) that I think I'm woefully underleveled when it happens in Atelier.

Interestingly enough, i'm the opposite. I'm more used to characters higher leveled than the main one joining the party. It's not like i purposely avoid fights either but maybe i'm just not fighting enough? But either way, that's why i wasn't really too fazed when the same thing started happening in Atelier. It's because i was already used to it.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You'd have to go out of your way and need a guide or a really strong Pac-Man awareness to get him in Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean.

Reveal hidden contents

You have to play, in exactly this order: Cherries, Strawberries, Orange, Apple, Melon. Why so many fruit and why that arrangement?

107px-Bonus_Fruit_Spirit.png 

Fruit gives bonus points if collected in the original Pac-Man game. And the fruit spawn in the Cherry-Strawberry-Orange-Apple-Melon order.

Finding all the fruit in EWatLO isn't easy, not helped by the fact that fruit cards can spoil after hours pass. The Cherries come pretty late too, after the rest of the stuff is long available and you'll likely have to go back and get some of them. Did I mention Melons are their own combo (albeit with a pretty big hint here if you read every Magnus's description carefully)?

If you do end up making him, Pac-Man is a Neutral 90 Atk Magnus that anyone can use, and given 14 hours of aging, it'll transform twice and increase in Atk to 150. Pac never goes bad though.

As for Origins, there is a sidequest associated with Pac, you obtain him as a Quest Magnus. Then, you must feed him 147 other Quest Magnus (all the ones that aren't one-of-a-kind- the special ones he can't eat). A tiny handful of which are potentially permanently missable.

Unfortunately the "feeding" can't be "select a card, give to Pac", you have to put it next to his card and then wait a few minutes to pass. But the real problem is that, although BKO has a section on the menu that keeps track of all your sidequests, it doesn't show you what Quest Magnus you've already fed Pac-Man. Meaning you have to keep your own independent 147-item checklist and mark off each of them yourself.

The ultimate reward from all this? Pac-Man will transform into a Quest Magnus that passively turns all your attacks into critical hits. That is a massive damage increase, albeit by the time you can complete this sidequest, at best you have only the final dungeon left. So it isn't really worth it pragmatically speaking.

That is one strong Pac-Man.

I can see the Pac-Man method in a potential Origins remake being improved so you can just actually feed the card to Pac-Man instead of waiting a menu, as well as just telling you which ones you've done (BK could use a lot of QoL improvements).

On the subject of remakes, if the BK series gets remade, would you like for them to keep the aging system? I think it's pretty interesting but as it is now, it's one of those things that the game (at least Eternal Wings) doesn't really tell you, so if a remake has them, there should be indicators.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I can see the Pac-Man method in a potential Origins remake being improved so you can just actually feed the card to Pac-Man instead of waiting a menu.

You can still run around and do other things at least, like going to fetch more Quest Magnus to feed him. It's still a time-waster though.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

On the subject of remakes, if the BK series gets remade, would you like for them to keep the aging system? I think it's pretty interesting but as it is now, it's one of those things that the game (at least Eternal Wings) doesn't really tell you, so if a remake has them, there should be indicators.

Origins fixed the biggest issue with the aging system already, any Magnus you can use in battle cannot age. Only Quest Magnus age. No more worries about your healing fruit turning rotten just as you enter a boss battle.

And, they got rid of having to play cards in battle to make new ones. Instead, you get a Magnus Mixer which you can put Quest Magnus in, and after a couple fights, the game will alert you a new Quest Magnus will be created- provided the mix doesn't require you insert another Magnus to complete it (I don't believe you can mix just any two Quest Magnus together- the game should reject mixing two things that produce no results). To make mixing a little relevant to battle, some weapons and armor can be enhanced by adding a Quest Magnus to them at shop for a fee. 

As for Eternal Wings, yes, they definitely should add an aging indicator to cards that can experience that. Ideally one that tells you how much time is left before the changeover. An option to turn it off altogether would be great too- provided there was a similar option to automatically age something into its new form, or greatly accelerate the aging time.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I'd say, I've yet to think myself what path I'd play first if I ever get 3H. Probably since that ain't happening in the forseeable future, so I don't really bother in choosing for now.

45 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Your still playing on Maddening? I thought you were going to lower it to hard after the timeskip?

Yes, I do. 

By Annette's and Mercedes's survival I have more opportunities. 

Chapter 14 was very hard too. 

Chapter 15 and 16 were not bad at all. 

But chapter 17 is pain. 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You can still run around and do other things at least, like going to fetch more Quest Magnus to feed him. It's still a time-waster though.

Ah, so the Pac-Man quest in Origins is basically the precursor to

latest?cb=20190203040101

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for Eternal Wings, yes, they definitely should add an aging indicator to cards that can experience that. Ideally one that tells you how much time is left before the changeover. An option to turn it off altogether would be great too- provided there was a similar option to automatically age something into its new form, or greatly accelerate the aging time.

If aging is turned off, perhaps there could be facilities that automatically age your cards for a fee.

Speaking of cards, i also think there should be combo indicators ala Alrest Blade Combos. I remember in Eternal Wings where sometimes i'd do like a really powerful attack without knowing how i did it. Sometimes cards would glow, sometimes they wouldn't. I know a card's number has something to do with it but it's still not something i fully understand.

Oh and you should be able to freely pick cards, or at least avoid times where you'd only get support cards during your turn, with no ways to attack.

1 hour ago, Just call me AL said:

Estoy en las águilas negras.

Ah, la mejor casa.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of cards, i also think there should be combo indicators ala Alrest Blade Combos. I remember in Eternal Wings where sometimes i'd do like a really powerful attack without knowing how i did it.

If you're referring to Kalas suddenly having a card change from something to another, and then shout either "I am the X, dispeller of Y" or "I am the X, hear my voice!", then those are his Spirit Attacks. The power of his Guardian Spirit manifested. Kalas has one for each element: Hellfire, Sacred Spring, Shining Seraph, Demons of Darkness, Distorting Winds, and Lingering Time. I still remember them by name, because I thought they were cool when I was younger. I liked Lingering Time's flavor description a lot- it momentarily freezes time for the enemy, after which they are violently brought back into the time's natural flow.

Spirit Attacks are entirely random. Supposedly it might have something to do with how you answer all the little questions scattered in the game, but I haven't seen any hard evidence. Their power does increase as the game progresses.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah, so the Pac-Man quest in Origins is basically the precursor to

latest?cb=20190203040101

Ursula at least still functions at 95% of her power without her Blade Quest. And you can blindly throw anyone into the Merc Missions who meet the requirements. Pac-Man just uses up a Quest Magnus slot until you feed him the full 147, requires you actively seek out many things and retrace steps, since Pac isn't available right away. And, you must buy the most expensive item at the Coliseum twice.

See, Ursula's Blade Quest isn't necessarily the worst sidequest in video games. Pretty bad but not the worst, though GFAQs has a good guide for the Pac-Man quest. And TBH, Origins Pac-Man runs into serious competition from Final Fantasy X- hello 100 lightning dodges in a row and having to spend hours and hours playing Blitzball. Not into that? No full-power ultimate weapons for two characters then.

EF1-vUOWwAAS1sn?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Same Riki. Same.

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Spirit Attacks are entirely random. Supposedly it might have something to do with how you answer all the little questions scattered in the game, but I haven't seen any hard evidence. Their power does increase as the game progresses.

So it really is random, huh? Was kinda hoping there'd be a way to manipulate their chances.

Put Kalas in Smash with RNG Spirit Attacks.

Ursula at least still functions at 95% of her power without her Blade Quest. And you can blindly throw anyone into the Merc Missions who meet the requirements. Pac-Man just uses up a Quest Magnus slot until you feed him the full 147, requires you actively seek out many things and retrace steps, since Pac isn't available right away. And, you must buy the most expensive item at the Coliseum twice.

Yeah, that is true, Ursula's Blade Quest isn't anywhere near as bad as the Pac-Man quest. Though they both definitely fall into the category of "quests that people would only do once".

Speaking of quests that i'd only do once, XenoblaDE better have Alrest-style collection points or else i refuse to rebuild Colony 6 again. I'm not spending seven hours of my life in Valak Mountain searching for two Ice Cabbages again.

Final Fantasy X- hello 100 lightning dodges in a row and having to spend hours and hours playing Blitzball. Not into that? No full-power ultimate weapons for two characters then.

Damn, 100? And dodging in FF10 is by chance, since it's turn-based, right? So you just have to get lucky 100 times in a row? 

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of quests that i'd only do once, XenoblaDE better have Alrest-style collection points or else i refuse to rebuild Colony 6 again. I'm not spending seven hours of my life in Valak Mountain searching for two Ice Cabbages again.

On that note, I feel like I should add that it hurts that getting certain gem materials is tied to how much developed as a community Littner Village Colony 6 is.