The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nintendo tried to play clean with Mario Run, but failed spectacularly.

Then FEH gacha money happened

Yup, that's most likely what happened.

Tsunako OP i agree
Here's more

7pol27sfu4p31.jpg

D'aww.
Glad to see some Orange Heart love.

Umu. I stopped gacha'ing, too. Gacha is a mistake.
There's no good gacha.

Life lessons right here.

Perfect description.

That's how getting people addicted usually works. You offer them something for free to get them hooked and once they're hooked, they're like pudding in your hands. It's horrifying to think video game publishers employ the same tactics as drug dealers. Willingly, at that.

6 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I heard some stuff about Mario Kart but is it that bad? No surprise there though, it started with Marion run and then after that Nintendo saw how money rained with feh.

From what I understand, it's a Mario Kart gacha game with microtransactions, lootboxes, terrible gameplay unless you're playing on a certain game mode that is locked behind a monthly subscription fee. And they said they'd patch in multiplayer "later". So it's an amalgamation of every horrible monetisation scheme the industry has been employing over the past few years. The only upside is that it doesn't cost 60€/$ up-front.

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That one is one of my personal favorites.

For everyone who doesn't know what we're talking about, treat your ears to this beauty:

It's a good song but not my cup of tea.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And you're right. Anime soundtracks are pretty epic, as well. I mean... while I didn't quite like the anime in question, the OP for 11 Eyes is still epic as hell.

Ah, the "I didn't like the anime but the music is nice" feel. Can relate.

8 hours ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Thanks for the Nia! 

It never gets old. 

latest?cb=20180802181648

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

The last 'normal' song i listened to probably came out in 2011 or something xD

Went into my MP3 player and found that two of the "normal" songs there are actually pretty recent. Coincidentally, both were licensed for use in Spider-Man stuff. Alive by the Warbly Jets was used in the opening for Spider-Man PS4 while What's Up Danger by Black Caviar was used in the best scene of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse, which btw, is a fantastic movie. Probably my favorite animated movie of all time.

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The gameplay also feels kind of... archaic, when compared to Rorona. I haven't gotten very far, but certain things feel like a step backwards.

Yeah, it's really odd and it ended up biting me in the ass a lot of times because synthesized items don't go into my basket by default. Thank God Meruru brings things back to standard (well for that point in time anyway).

Due to even more things factoring in to the time limit thing, I'm panicking even more. I can't explore properly because I lack the ingredients to make medicine (I could just buy them), and I panic that if I spent too much time on synthesis, I'm going to miss something crucial.

Aight i know the time-limit in this game can be unforgiving but if you panic and try to rush things, that's only gonna make things worse. Plan out stuff ahead of time and focus on what you can do, not on what you can't. 

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

speaking about games, Bloodstained is really fun tbh. The music is also top notch. I should be halfway through it.

Yeah, Bloodstained is very good. I think i'm halfway done through though i technically did beat it because you can fight the final boss earlier than your supposed to (and get the bad ending).

But i'm also playing the Switch version a.k.a the worst version of the game until 505 Games releases the performance updates. So i'm gonna wait (they said November by the latest).

Speaking of which, have you heard about the absolute fustercluck that is Mario Kart Tour? They put every predatory monetisation tactic on the planet into that game.

Mario Kart Tour sucks not because of it's practices but because they could've just made Mario Kart 9 instead. Or do more DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which is already a fantastic party game.

Tour even lies to you by making you think you're playing against other people but it's just bots (and some of those usernames can go uh.......a bit too far).

As for Bride Noire, well... there's this:
latest?cb=20180416010916

Yeah, UniGear is a very popular.......hey wait a minute, that's not the UniGear ship.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

yxrp9lcpwuo31.jpg

Hatsumi Sega art, good for my soul.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

The power of Thicc

Launch sales in Japan have been pretty good. On the JP eShop, it managed to make the top 10 best sellers, which is impressive given that it essentially came out at the same time as fucking Dragon Quest 11, and Dragon Quest is massive in Japan. For comparison, on the top 10 of the JP eShop, DQ11S is at 4th place while Atelier Ryza is in 8th.

Speaking of the eShop, the game is up on the eShop avaliable for pre-purchase. Which is what i did

so now i get to watch as the game sits there for a whole month, taunting me as i'm unable to play it until October 29th.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

latest?cb=20160109021952

The glorious H.B.

Anyway, i finished Gunvolt Chronicles. It only has one ending which is a series first. Said ending didn't emotionally destroy me and was actually generally happy for once, also a series first. Good game, i'll write up a review tomorrow.

I am an evil person
i introduced someone to the cult of Nep
and pointed him towards Conquest

His words:

I'm not crying, but it hurts
It hurts, a lot.
To play.

Well...
I don't know if I'll be able to sleep soundly today.
As thorns prick my heart.
Good old Genocide route.
But at least now, I have no regrets playing this franchise.
I actually wasn't enjoying it as much as I would have liked, at least the first game because I was going more completionist thinking there'd be more content (there wasn't).
But this one moved quite fast without the unlock dungeon from dungeon from dungeon from dungeon (Actually a case in Rebirth 1)
Conquest... Yes, it turned a game series that I slightly enjoyed into something much more.

Edited by Shrimperor

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

The glorious H.B.

So you've seen this before?

I originally saw this on the Xeno wiki on H.B.'s page long ago, I thought it was a fan joke.

But I hopped back into XCX a little yesterday and played with the minor amount of BLADE Barracks customization. I checked out the holofigure room, where you can display up to five weapon/armor/enemy/"special" holograms. I had never tried with it before, and this was in the "Special" section. It's named "Superior Form".

I find it weird, H.B. doesn't care about sex appeal at all, and his ego definitely doesn't seem like it'd manifest like this. But it's on the silly side, which the special holofigures all are it looks like.

I see I have "???s" the special section, I must obtain those missing holofigures, the ones I already have are fairly charming.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

eI4kKq7.gif

Poppibuster praises the sun.

I know she is a robot and all, but I do like how Poppy has enough to brainpower to be able to fight and control a copy of herself, which could be fighting at the exact same time.

Now back to mindless, easy grinding for some Turba Nectars. Completing some basic quests yesterday to get more casual wear led me to pick a fight with some level 50 Milsaadis, which for a level 60 character with an understanding of Overdrive shouldn't be problem. A trio of these grunts still managed to kill me, and without Overdrive active, a mere one of them could. I want an Extend Aura XX augment to see if a budget Reflect build I read of is the key to true postgame invincibility against everything, 'cause Ghostwalker ain't good against lots of hits.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

My Gunvolt Chronicles review in the other thread

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I am an evil person
i introduced someone to the cult of Nep
and pointed him towards Conquest

You madman.

But it looks like your friend got into the series more because of it. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13078930

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So you've seen this before?

No but it having the name of "Supreme Form" is amazing.

20 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

yxrp9lcpwuo31.jpg

Adorable. Even though I don't recognize the blue-haired girl at the top there. I assume she's from a spin-off?

20 hours ago, Hekselka said:

Lol.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah, the "I didn't like the anime but the music is nice" feel. Can relate.

In that particular instance, I liked the first few episodes and the premise, so I watched it until the end. I ended up disliking it, even though the animation was great and the music was godlike. It happens.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, it's really odd and it ended up biting me in the ass a lot of times because synthesized items don't go into my basket by default. Thank God Meruru brings things back to standard (well for that point in time anyway).

Aight i know the time-limit in this game can be unforgiving but if you panic and try to rush things, that's only gonna make things worse. Plan out stuff ahead of time and focus on what you can do, not on what you can't.

About that... I'm honestly torn. I've been playing a bunch today (not much else to do when you're sick) and for whatever reason, the game just doesn't really click with me like Rorona, Lulua, and Sophie did. Characters, graphics, music, everything is quite good, but there is a certain something that just feels off about it. I can't even put my finger on what it is, but the enjoyment just... isn't there.

But thank you for the tip. I'll keep it in mind if I go back to it.

I defeated my first XCX superboss not the Rexoskell ever!

It took me over a half-hour, since really I hadn't gotten anything to seriously boost my damage output. But I did, I slew Trueno the Catalysm! A level 60 giant with over 2.5 million HP. After getting the bumpy start of building Overdrive done, the fight turned into Shield Wall-Sliding Slinger-Combat Limbo-Sky High-Supershield-Mindstorm-Violent Streak. I didn't need Trash Talk after all, I could've brought Executioner instead, but I wasn't sure that was going to strain my TP. And I didn't do Celica's last Affinity Mission, so I didn't have Zero Zero either.

I chose Trueno, because they sit on top of a teleporter that leads into an otherwise inaccessible room where you can find a free Reflect: Ether augment. 

I went into the room, killed the lone weak 52 Definian guard, and promptly walked towards the lone "chest" holding the augment.

"Archaeological Level 5" *Has only a Level 4 Archaeological Field Skill*

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I'm going to have to fight Trueno again!

But it looks like I could kill Dadaan the Strongest Prone easily, him dropping the Physical and Thermal Reflect augments would let me trade the swimsuit arm for something else, and possibly the Shield for a Javelin.

Edit: Two kills in, and I got a Reflect: Physical from Dadaan. Took me some time to figure out how you kill him on the first run. Once he loses enough HP, he just stands around posing, being invincible but not attacking you either. It turns out you have to kill all Dadaan Squad Members he summons, and his Groupies, who fled to the edges of the large area, only then does he start attacking you again. Second time around I killed the Groupies first, and then shot through Dadaan's Squad, which made things go a lot faster. 

Once I get my Reflect: Thermal because I want it, I'll tackle Off the Record: Archaeological. Thanks to a party mask with 50 Ether Res I found, I'll be able to stack 80 in that Attribute, hopefully that'll be enough.

Then I kill Trueno a second time, get the Reflect: Ether. And then I go off to find Lugalbanda, the Wanderer-King for Reflect: Beam and Reflect: Electric. Provided I have my Reflect: Gravity Shield equipped, I'll then be immune to almost every single attack in the game.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer