The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

15 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Nep looks pretty funny xD

You probably mean the weird bubble thingy over her head right?
That's a thing that enables her (and her friends) to breathe underwater.

2 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

I am honest enough to myself when I say it was my biggest victory in my about 27 year long gaming history. I am certain not many people could beat it blind in maddening. 

However it does not change the fact that chapter is the biggest farce I have ever had to deal with in FE. This map has to be changed in an update no matter what because the game cannot force me to use very important units as canon fodder. This game literally, expected from me to make Ashe, the worst unit of the BL imo, a wyvern lord to save the healer ladies. And from Sylvain and Felix to take hits by bow users. 

That confirms it for me: I won't ever play Maddening difficulty in Three Houses. I kind of feared that the game expected you to make specific people into specific classes and play it a certain way and it seems I was correct.
Thanks, IntSys. But no thanks.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

And got Invert in Bloodstained. 75% completed, 25% to go!

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You probably mean the weird bubble thingy over her head right?
That's a thing that enables her (and her friends) to breathe underwater.

I know, still funny xD

I have to admit it is less the difficulty, but rather the design of the map. Having no access to a preparation menu stinks a lot even if Byleth has access to an inventory in a chapter (did not notice it before, lol). I mean, sure, the enemies are extremly tough, but letting allies appear who are in enemie's attack range and having no chance to escape is an absolute dickish move. I mean it could be fair, if the would appear after reaching a certain tile of the map instead of after a certain turn because there could be a chance to kill the enemies with someone else in time. Even in my GD run in normal I had big trouble with the map. 

In general maddening is not bad at all aside of some paralogues. The late chapters of part 1 were not too bad at all especially with the existence of turn wheels.

I mean if I knew about chapter 13 ,I would have Byleth let learn dark magic and lance breaker because especially letter is super important. 

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I know, still funny xD

Agreed.
She kind of looks like an astronaut, too.
Space Nep. It's Nep, but in space.

---

While we are on the topic of Atelier games, this is what constitutes an enemy in Atelier Totori:
etTknkR.jpg
'It's so adorable, I don't want to kill it', you might think. Then it throws freaking barrels at you.

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Space Nep. It's Nep, but in space.

NEP IS ESCAPING TO THE ONE  PLACE THAT HASN'T BEEN CORRUPTED BY PAPERWORK...
SPACE

Edited by Shrimperor

"Finished" the DQXI demo and wow I'm going to have a blast with the full game if it's just as much fun as the demo. Can't wait to get it.

5 hours ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

I just found out the most dickish move in FE. 

I am so fucking pissed.

I wasted 30 hours for absolutely nothing. 

Bless the CF route for not having this map xD. Maddening was already difficult enough.

Edited by Hekselka

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

On the first point: That's Gino at the moment, too. Once a fourth member joins me, he's out of the party.

Oh Gino's pretty bad too when it comes to defense. Actually, i feel like that's.....a good portion of characters. It all ties back into what i said that everyone feels weak in this game's combat. Even Sterk isn't as busted as he is in other games. But yeah, definitely kick Gino out of the party once someone else joins. I believe you should be expecting either Mimi or Marc next (depending on how you go about things). Both are pretty good for that point in the game.

One improvement Totori has over Rorona so far: You don't need to pay a fee to choose people for your party.

That was honestly such an odd mechanic. 

Nice to see the franchise is doing well. The games are good, even if some may be a bit on the weaker side.

It helps that Koei actually marketed an Atelier game for once. There's been a massive marketing push for Ryza ever since the first announcement, something the previous 19 Atelier games didn't really get. Lesson of the day: marketing helps.

And on the subject of Atelier, i made a discovery. Up until now, i though Sophie, Lulua and Ryza were the only games without a time-limit. Turns out the series hasn't had a time-limit since Shallie, the third Dusk game. The one exception is Firis where it's split into pre-license and post-license. The former gives you one year to get your alchemy license and while that doesn't sound like a lot of time, apparently time passes by so slowly that you can complete it within like three in-game months. I've seen some fans say you could remove the time-limit from Firis and nothing would change. The post-license part of the game has no time-limit. The other exception is Nelke but that's a spin-off game that features every pre-Lulua protag and it's also more of a turn-limit.

21 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Bless the CF route for not having this map xD. Maddening was already difficult enough

But you know what CF does have? Ch.17 a.k.a randomly spawning Beasts. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Maddening, more like Suffering.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

NEP IS ESCAPING TO THE ONE  PLACE THAT HASN'T BEEN CORRUPTED BY PAPERWORK...
SPACE

And that's the pitch for the next mainline game right there. XD

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh Gino's pretty bad too when it comes to defense. Actually, i feel like that's.....a good portion of characters. It all ties back into what i said that everyone feels weak in this game's combat. Even Sterk isn't as busted as he is in other games. But yeah, definitely kick Gino out of the party once someone else joins. I believe you should be expecting either Mimi or Marc next (depending on how you go about things). Both are pretty good for that point in the game.

Mimi is the girl that Cory was trolling when I got to Arland, the same one with a crapton of ship-tease with Totori in Atelier Lulua, IIRC. I was wondering when she'd show up.

That was honestly such an odd mechanic.

Yup. It also forced me to do quests on more than one occasion, because I went a bit crazy with buying ingredients and the like. There was more than one instance where I didn't have enough money to go exploring... even though I was paying only one person. I'm kinda glad there's no chance to run into that issue again.

And on the subject of Atelier, i made a discovery. Up until now, i though Sophie, Lulua and Ryza were the only games without a time-limit. Turns out the series hasn't had a time-limit since Shallie, the third Dusk game. The one exception is Firis where it's split into pre-license and post-license. The former gives you one year to get your alchemy license and while that doesn't sound like a lot of time, apparently time passes by so slowly that you can complete it within like three in-game months. I've seen some fans say you could remove the time-limit from Firis and nothing would change. The post-license part of the game has no time-limit. The other exception is Nelke but that's a spin-off game that features every pre-Lulua protag and it's also more of a turn-limit.

Interesting. I thought the same, actually, but it kinda figures that Sophie's sequels also wouldn't have that (except Firis).

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It helps that Koei actually marketed an Atelier game for once. There's been a massive marketing push for Ryza ever since the first announcement, something the previous 19 Atelier games didn't really get. Lesson of the day: marketing helps.

Awakening is another game that taught this lesson.

>70 Turns
O.o

32 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And that's the pitch for the next mainline game right there. XD

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

''Histy, i am sick of Paperwork, and there's not enough pudding, so i am going to the moon! Bye!''

12 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Developers wanted to kill them, not me.

Then the devs are the real monsters!

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''Histy, i am sick of Paperwork, and there's not enough pudding, so i am going to the moon! Bye!''

"Wait, Neptune! If you don't work, Planeptune will fall to ruin! I will now explain to you why you need to stay here, be prepared, because this will take exactly three days."
"Ugh, is Nep being lazy again?"
"I think she just needs a break, Iffy..."
"You're too soft on her, Compa."
"I've built the rocket ship, big sis-- why is everyone staring so angrily at me?"

I found this out of context image from the Totori DLC in Atelier Lulua.

dzwasiepw7e31.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=bdc2c80556c7ddc860aedd55adbda3c4451cf988

Lulua's thinking about whether or not she could but she's not thinking about if she should.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The map is simply terribly designed

Fixed it for you. The map in general just sucks. Being thrown into a map with no preparation is bad with only to units to start with is bad. The fake out at the end is also bad.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I found this out of context image from the Totori DLC in Atelier Lulua.

dzwasiepw7e31.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=bdc2c80556c7ddc860aedd55adbda3c4451cf988

Lulua's thinking about whether or not she could but she's not thinking about if she should.

Totori's reaction, though. XD
Stuff like that is what makes Lulua my favorite Atelier protagonist so far.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fixed it for you. The map in general just sucks. Being thrown into a map with no preparation is bad with only to units to start with is bad. The fake out at the end is also bad.

Yeah, the fake out sucks big time, I agree.
Strangely enough, I had the most trouble with it on my Golden Deer run, even though my Byleth on that run was busted.

If Byleth moves in the enemy's attack range, a dreadlock fighter (or whatever class it was) starts to move automatically and is in the attack of the two in turn two. Both could kill him, but then they would be in the attack of range of tow brawlers. There is no way to keep them safe under mentioned conditons. The only way would be wyvern rider Ashe, but I did not use him.

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

"Wait, Neptune! If you don't work, Planeptune will fall to ruin! I will now explain to you why you need to stay here, be prepared, because this will take exactly three days."
"Ugh, is Nep being lazy again?"
"I think she just needs a break, Iffy..."
"You're too soft on her, Compa."
"I've built the rocket ship, big sis-- why is everyone staring so angrily at me?"

Planeptune did fine while Nep was on her dimensional adventures...
which is every game xD

34 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

I think I needed about the same amount of turns for chapter 22 in FE5 before I knew the trick of how to oneturn this. I waited till Cyas left the map which was in about turn 60.

Yeaaah
i didn't bother with that. There's a reason why i collected (Re)-warps staffs the whole game....
Just to one turn late game maps, because those weren't exactly fun.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But you know what CF does have? Ch.17 a.k.a randomly spawning Beasts. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Maddening, more like Suffering.

That one wasn't actually that difficult. I just made sure to ignore the right bottom side part of the map while I went to the upper side and kill the units that transform before they had the chance to.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Planeptune did fine while Nep was on her dimensional adventures...
which is every game xD

Her dimensional adventures aren't really by her choice, though.
Re;Birth 2? Abducted and held prisoner.
Re;Birth 3? Thrown into a portal alone.
VII? Thrown into a portal with Nepgear.

Which makes me realize that the entire plot of VII only happens because bigger Nep-Nep decided to imprison Croire in her Nep-Note.

6 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

If Byleth moves in the enemy's attack range, a dreadlock fighter (or whatever class it was) starts to move automatically and is in the attack of the two in turn two. Both could kill him, but then they would be in the attack of range of tow brawlers. There is no way to keep them safe under mentioned conditons. The only way would be wyvern rider Ashe, but I did not use him.

Which is why we agreed that the map is terrible.

Edited by DragonFlames