The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Another interesting aspect is despite usually appearing in groups, a Gnosis isn't actually aware of the presence of other Gnosis. From a Gnosis' point of view, they are the only one of their kind.

The philosophical implications of this, its deeper meaning if it has any, I cannot dissect what that meaning is. But, I want to believe that it does, and wish that I could know it.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

There are other interesting facts about the Gnosis but it is spoiler territory.

Unfortunately, I forget where exactly (definitely somewhere on GFAQs, I've been on the site (not as a member of the cesspit) since at least like 2005), or even why it came up.

But years ago, the precise number is lost to me, I distinctly recall stumbling on I think is one of those spoilers. My memory has not allowed me to forget it, to my loss. 

That being (Xenosaga spoilers?):

Spoiler

...the Gnosis are some "true"/alternate form of humanity. 

And I think someone, in the same post or maybe a different one in another place, said a villain named Wilhelm wanted something to with preserving humanity? I don't think the Gnosis was directly brought up in relation to this villain.

I know absolutely no details of these facts, and would rather not be told the specifics if they are indeed true. I need something left of the presumed twists to entertain me firsthand and discover on my own -if Xenosaga ever gets a modern rerelease.

Because you mentioned it was a Monolith product before, I decided to download Soma Bringer. I checked to make sure its working, but I didn't start really playing it. I'm too tired at the moment, and this would be my third game in my emulation pile that I don't have completed. I don't want to add another, which would metaphorically sit beside my physical piles of unfinished/unplayed games.

On the one hand, I can be very monogamous with my video games. I can play just one game for a week or more on end and nothing else. But, the monogamy usually doesn't last until the game is finished. And it doesn't stop me from having "Ooh new shiny game!" infidelity shortly into a new game I'd already only just started.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remembered something I could've brought up days ago during the Tales talk.

One thing I was surprised to know is that the PSP port of Phantasia opted, despite the changes it did decided to make, to seemingly not accomodate the existence of the Symphonia games. At least, that's how it looks like. Like, "Hey, come to think of it, whatever happened to that half-elf who was now protecting the World Tree?" Likely packed up and left at some point, apparently. Also, Dherris-Kharlan's transition from "Emotionless Angels crowded in a single city" to "World with multiple countries with fully functional people with all their faculties"... certain someone likely was involved in that after leaving from Aselia with the comet.

I mean, okay, we are talking of a bigger than four thousand year gap here, so anything's possible... but you'd think we'd at least get some closure on those two loose ends. So far, nothing.

Okay, mini-rant over... it just bugs me not having an official answer...

9 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Good man.

I for one basically didn't feel the adrenaline wearing off until about a few hours later.

Yeah same. Me and my friends were talking about the movie for hours.

Question, did you see the movie subbed or dubbed. Despite me being a sub person, since it was in theaters, i went for the dub option. I'd rather not have to read on the big screen (though i'll have to for the Konosuba movie in November, i'm too used to the sub there). And good thing Promare's dub was great.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Because you mentioned it was a Monolith product before, I decided to download Soma Bringer.

Ah, the game that is essentially a Xeno game in all but name.

I dropped the game not because it was bad or anything but i just can't get used to DS emulators. But hopefully you'll have better luck with that.

Edited by Armagon

Why, why WHY does Donald Trump have a Twitch account? First Sanders, now Trump. What the fuck. Why are old politicians getting Twitch accounts all of a sudden?

So how long until Trump says the n-word during a heated gamer moment?

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

I dropped the game not because it was bad or anything but i just can't get used to DS emulators. But hopefully you'll have better luck with that.

Is it performance issues?

All I have is OpenEmu, being ran on a seven-year-old Macbook. Sure the laptop gets too hot sometimes, as in "too hot to leave on your bare legs", but it has gone through FEs 3-6+12, Super Famicom Wars, TearRing Saga, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and both 7th Dragon 2020 games and it still works perfectly fine. The initial emulation moments didn't show any hiccups for Soma Bringer, although I never got to the actual action itself.

This said, the heating issue is why I haven't tried Xenosaga, the generational increase in emulation demands I'm afraid would push my old workhorse to its limits.

And, how far did you play into the game? Did you later watch an LP of it to determine its being all-but-a-Xeno status?

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is it performance issues?

Eh kinda. I wouldn't say it runs badly but it doesn't really run ideal for me either. For comparison, PPSSPP (the PSP emulator) runs flawlessly unless i'm emulating The Force Unleashed (and even then, it just has this purple overlay). The DS emulator i used was Desume.

I will say that i did tough it out for New Mystery but that's because i just used the bottom screen and treated it like GBA FE. Who knows though, maybe one day i'll go back to Soma Bringer.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And, how far did you play into the game?

I did the first dungeon. Gameplay's alright. I guess you can describe it as top-down Xenoblade but maybe that's not entierly accurate. Maybe it's more like the top-down Ys games. Idk, it's been a while but that's the basic principle. You also can't change which character you control, i think. The fact that you choose which character you wanna play as at the start kinda suggests that.

Edited by Armagon

@Armagon That Star Wars animation is seriously amazing.
How is it that something a single (!!!) person animates looks better than 99% of cartoon shows nowadays?

---

Also, apparently Activision-Blizzard basically killed itself (or at least its reputation) by split-licking a totalitarian government.
It feels like AAA game publishers/devs are in a contest to see who can possibly f*** themselves over the hardest. It's honestly amazing to watch. It's just a shame I ran out of popcorn earlier...

---

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

20191012051440_1.jpg

This is from Dragon Star Varnir, I assume? The characters look great.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is from Dragon Star Varnir, I assume? The characters look great.

Yup yup. 

Game is fun so far 😄

And art is great as expected of IF/CH Artists and their contractors.

Also, i mentioned in the other thread saving everywhere and heal points...

Well, save points also act as Teleport Points 😄

So much QoL changes that i've always wanted in Nep & Co. games

42 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That Star Wars animation is seriously amazing.
How is it that something a single (!!!) person animates looks better than 99% of cartoon shows nowadays?

That's the difference between a passion project and something you're just doing for the money.

According to the description, the guy worked on this Star Wars animation for four years. And it shows.

"As for how long the game will take, for people who catch on to the battle system quickly, about 10-12 hours. If it takes a little longer to understand the system, you’re looking closer to 15-20 hours."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/10/feature_little_town_hero_director_on_stepping_out_of_pokemons_shadow

Oof. I want Game Freak's non-Pokemon project to succeed, but this sounds like another nail in the coffin. $25 for a 10-20 hour game. I understand an appreciation for shorter games, 50-60 hour JRPGs can be too drawn out and time-consuming. But the price-to-time ratio seems a little out of balance for what most would call a "good value". On sale for $15 later and it'd be worth a look for me.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup yup. 

Game is fun so far 😄

And art is great as expected of IF/CH Artists and their contractors.

Also, i mentioned in the other thread saving everywhere and heal points...

Well, save points also act as Teleport Points 😄

So much QoL changes that i've always wanted in Nep & Co. games

Looks like another game I'm getting, then.
Between this, Atelier Ryza, Atelier Meruru and perhaps Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force, I think I'm good on games for the rest of the year.
Especially considering the next semester starts on Monday. I hope I can finish my studies soon...

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's the difference between a passion project and something you're just doing for the money.

According to the description, the guy worked on this Star Wars animation for four years. And it shows.

Indeed it does.

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Especially considering the next semester starts on Monday.

Oh yeah. Good luck and have fun with that 😄

It's only 2 Months until X-mas vacation anyway 

I should've finished the Thesis by then, and i already have all the results...
But i needed to document them...
Which is the worst part.
 I hate writing/documenting.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I should've finished the Thesis by then, and i already have all the results...
But i needed to document them...
Which is the worst part.
 I hate writing/documenting.

Oh yes, same.
How's your thesis been going so far? Everything going okay?

---

By the by, I have revised my Neptunia tier list a bit after playing MegaNep VII some more and thinking about the other games. I did indeed rethink my opinions of some characters.
I made an extra one for the HDD forms this time and I included the villains on the "normal" one. For anyone who cares.
OAlsT6p.png

fkHZ5TA.png

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

How's your thesis been going so far? Everything going okay?

It's doing good^^

Just need to write/document, as i said. And well, do some experiments, but that shouldn't be too problematic.
And ah, somehow find 20 sources. Anything less than that isn't really good.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's doing good^^

Just need to write/document, as i said. And well, do some experiments, but that shouldn't be too problematic.
And ah, somehow find 20 sources. Anything less than that isn't really good.

That's quite the specific requirement right there. But glad to hear it's going well so far. ^^

I still have no clue what I want to write my thesis on when it finally comes to that. I feel like I should start to collect some ideas at the very least.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

That's quite the specific requirement right there.

One of the main reasons why my Bachelor Thesis wasn'T graded so well was because i had only 10 or so sources. The Minimum, i was told back then, is 20. I got told the same last week by my current supervisor.

Problem is, i almost calculated everything alone. But i gotta show that i did some research or something like that.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I still have no clue what I want to write my thesis on when it finally comes to that. I feel like I should start to collect some ideas at the very least.

See if you can couple it with an internship or something, so that atleast some of what you did in the internship can carry over to it.
Also, do something you will find fun, because you will be working on Months for it (and over here no one finishes it in the given time (3 Months for Bachelor, 4 for Masters), usually it takes 6 or so Months)

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

One of the main reasons why my Bachelor Thesis wasn'T graded so well was because i had only 10 or so sources. The Minimum, i was told back then, is 20. I got told the same last week by my current supervisor.

Problem is, i almost calculated everything alone. But i gotta show that i did some research or something like that.

I see. I want to say that it makes sense, but at the same time it's like, if you can make a convincing argument with the stuff you have then what is wrong with that?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, do something you will find fun, because you will be working on Months for it (and over here no one finishes it in the given time (3 Months for Bachelor, 4 for Masters), usually it takes 6 or so Months)

Been hearing that a lot, actually. I know people who are currently working on their Master degrees and they told me that they needed the regular time just to finish all the necessary reading they had to do for the Bachelor theses.
As for something I find fun, well... that's exactly my problem. There are many fields I would consider writing a Bachelor thesis on. Actually deciding on one is the hard part.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

if you can make a convincing argument with the stuff you have then what is wrong with that?

part of the thesis is also the necessary reading/research. And you have to show that, somehow -> Sources. And somehow the minimum number is 20, for some reason.
I think that will be the hardest part for me tbh. Gotta get the 5 Main papers i got stuff from and see their sources, read them and use them as sources

I know people who are currently working on their Master degrees and they told me that they needed the regular time just to finish all the necessary reading they had to do for the Bachelor theses.

sounds about right. People often only register the thesis once they've done like half the work or even more.

As for something I find fun, well... that's exactly my problem. There are many fields I would consider writing a Bachelor thesis on. Actually deciding on one is the hard part.

Well, having choices is never a bad thing 😄

Edited by Shrimperor

@DragonFlames

Remember how 7th Dragon: Code VFD didn't show one True Dragon at all? Well...

Spoiler

7th-Dragon-2020-II-2019-10-12-17-23-45.p

I was only going to show off this for now, thinking I'd have to wait another ten hours or so before figuring out if there was more to the 4th (?) True Dragon than this sigil.

However...

7th-Dragon-2020-II-2019-10-12-17-27-43.p

Hereeeeeeeeee is Fomalhaut! 

He ripped the sigil open with his hands and decided to crawl on out. The background doesn't look very "final battle" does it? Well he got hungry and chose to visit the heroes early, right at their HQ.😱 Very different from Nyala, who chose to spend the entirety of 2020 watching things from outer spaaaace!.

The flowers around him is his signature Black Bloom/Dragonsbane, it's very toxic, moreso than the normal redish-orange stuff.