Foot soldiers vs. Mounted knights

Galenforcer

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mounted units feel more generic, but they tend to be better for LTC for obvious reasons. Some (but hardly all) of the best units at combat are foot units, but that unfortunately it tends to be less important than MOV (or, depending on the game, rescue/AID w/ canto) in most tier lists, so you'll (almost) always see horse units rank at least slightly higher on average.

I personally dislike horse units, but I use them because I pick units based on their combat capabiities, not how cool their animations look/classes are/personalities are. IS hasn't done that great of a job balancing horse units throughout the series, often failing to give them disabilities befitting such a tremendous advantage. It doesn't help that Jaigans are pretty much Paladins in just about every case.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

All out mounted units...

Particularly spamming Paladins, Nomad Troopers/Rangers, Falcoknights and Wyvern units! Add in a sidedish of Mage Knights and Valkyries for magic as well.

Edited by Frosty the Blizzardkitty

It doesn't help that Jaigans are pretty much Paladins in just about every case.

As most of my favourite characters (not even units, just character wise) ends up being Jeigans and I fucking love Paladins, this is big bonus for me~

What, I'm a sucker for loyalty.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I personally dislike horse units, but I use them because I pick units based on their combat capabiities, not how cool their animations look/classes are/personalities are.

...No, I'm not going to be the one who brings up Wil.

I favour heavy infantry > armoured infantry (anything from archers through soldiers to armour) > cavalry > light infantry > offensive magi > pure healers. I use people based entirely on personality, though, unless they're like Fiona who I simply adore and am simply not THAT suicidal for.

Mounts aren't snipers though, and we all know snipers > mounts

I find most mounted units bland and repetitive from game to game.

Fliers vary a bit personality and combat wise, sort of.

Mounted magic, I do prefer. If only Flourspar was recruitable in story mode *dreams*.

Foot units at least constantly vary (aside from mercs mostly being high tier)

I like foot soliders. Especiall OVERKILL FOOT SOLDIERS!

That's why I like guys like Edward, Sety, Joshua, Rutger, and the SM!class in FE 11 and 12(Who doesn't?, except its not overkill, but..)

I dislike using mounts since they're stressed upon in LTC, but I dont really hate them. I still like the christmas cavaliers in every game except fe4. I also Like guys like Treck and Lowen, and Miledy's pretty badass.

Mounted units feel more generic, but they tend to be better for LTC for obvious reasons. Some (but hardly all) of the best units at combat are foot units, but that unfortunately it tends to be less important than MOV (or, depending on the game, rescue/AID w/ canto) in most tier lists, so you'll (almost) always see horse units rank at least slightly higher on average.

That's normally because mounted units' stats are still sufficient to do their job well. A stat lead is meaningless if both units are one-rounding everything anyways. :/

I like mounted units more. ^_^

That's normally because mounted units' stats are still sufficient to do their job well. A stat lead is meaningless if both units are one-rounding everything anyways. :/

I like mounted units more. ^_^

Oh, I know/agree. This even holds largely true in Lunatic FE12, where enemies have stats of actual note. There are some cases where you want higher SPD/STR cap/base, but cav bases are pally caps are solid and the 10 MOV is oh so lovely when rushing the map (since Marth w/ boots has 9 MOV, everybody else but dracos and pallies can fall behind). Well, it's more fliers than pallies for a while (although draco SPD cap is horrible).

Many of the earlier games have enemies so weak ORKO'ing many of them isn't too hard to do.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Mounted all the way.

Unless I really like the foot unit and/or she/he has epic overkill offenses to make up for it. I do love overkill.

Same here, but, I do use some foot units for certain tasks.

Like Igrene in fe6 vs Wyverns

or fe7 Raven to rape reinforcements

or fe8 Moulder with Slayer and divine..

but, mounts are the way to goEven in fe10-where they got nerfed.

Lol fe10 Haar, Jill, and Titania

You really can't deny the uses of higher move, though I personally don't gravitate heavily in either direction.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter