Rate the Unit, Day 26: Isadora

Iris

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6/10

I don't know what to say. She's Marcus with probably overall worse stats up to that point, terrible CON (tied with SM Guy....WHAT?!), and mediocre durability (although the latter two can be ameliorated). Yeah, she's a good candidate for the Body Ring, but so is Athos (there are two body rings in the game, yes, but at the very least the desert one is a PITA to get). Her combat is also nice, but Sain/Kent will probably beat her in that too; certainly in a S-rank run, and an efficiency run probably has one of them promoting in LHM and kicking ass all HHM long. She can ferry, but so can Florina; and in the rare cases where Florina ferrying can't work, she hardly lays sole claim to that horse utility.

She gets bonus points for being easy to pick up and use (and for having a pretty portrait) and having fantastic move as per all paladins, but she's nothing special. She's not essential for ranking/LTC or absolutely amazing at combat, so no 9/10, and she's not even the best of something non-essential (hell, she's not even the best prepromo), so no 8/10.

She would have been 5 or 5.5/10, if not for her usefulness in Kinship's Bond.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

but she's like a zillion times better than wil

so

Are we seriously starting this again? I, for one, don't wish to piss on the corpse of a long-dead argument.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

well

you rated her lower than you rated wil

so yeah

I'm sorry, but it's getting late here, I have to work tomorrow morning, and we both rated her almost the same (although you rated her slightly lower than I did, which is somewhat ironic given the fact you're implying I've under-rated her). I've given a long argument for my ratings for both characters, which should be plenty for justification.

Not trying to be rude, but I REALLY don't want to do this again, even if I had the time. I've been through this song and dance more than enough times.

and we both rated her almost the same (although you rated her slightly lower than I did, which is somewhat ironic given the fact you're implying I've under-rated her).

no, see, this is irrelevant

because i think she's better than wil

and you think she's worse than wil

But she isn't the /optimal/ user of it. She doesn't use it best. It's like Bartre might like a speedwings so he doesn't suck so bad before his okay speed growth kicks in, but Marcus uses it /best/ since he gets so much more use out of it.

Isn't there another one before Marcus' base speed isn't good enough? Not that it's worth giving to Bartre, but...does Marcus need it (not disagreeing, just unsure that it's really neccessary for him to have)?

Also Isadora's pretty great. 7/10. Certainly a lot better than Wil

Edited by Refa

IIRC in efficiency Marcus takes the first speedwings and dracoshield you get. Does he perhaps need it at the time? Maybe not, but it's better to have it on him than not. I don't remember when the second one comes in and can't be assed to check, but if it's after his base speed + expected level isn't good enough, then taking the first wing would be a smart choice since it will cover through that period when said speed isn't good enough. And most of the units you get earlygame are either pretty scrubby anyway or don't really need the wings, making Marcus the best choice for it. 4 extra avo can't go wrong either, since that's a bit more when you translate it into true hit.

Speaking of speedwings I need to shove another one on to marcus those CoD Valks double half my team argh

Edited by Luminescent Blade

What the hell? We are talking about the same unit that's consistently been in Lower Middle/Low for years, right? Why is she suddenly beating the snot out of Lowen? I mean she does have the best class, but her stats are nothing special for that point in the game, and her growths suck so she's never getting any better relative to your team. All she has going for her is midgame filler, but even then Hawkeye and Geitz are joining really soon and taking over that department.

4/10.

Isadorable is fucking amazing, haters gonna hate.

But what did I rate Fiora and Florina? I can't justify rating her that high.

Since she has flaws but I still wub her 7/10.

Her flaws can easily be fixed with a Robe and the Body ring , so that she's basicly Marcus with better Speed .

However she comes rather late and a lot of other Units want to have a Robe/Body ring and perform better than Isadorka with it .

Without stat boosters she's a Rescue bot with good Move which is fine, but she's on a Horse and not a Dragon .

6/10

Since when are 5 Pallies a bad thing to have if you have them all fielded in midgame to lategame.

And all promoted by lateGame.

She's average, but pretty good given the right resources.

Body Ring+Robe/Draco.

Hell, she makes great use of an energy ring.