Rate The Unit Day 2: Seth

I'm guessing Casual players aren't going to rate Seth 10/10.

Seriously, anyone whose bases ORKO for half the game is ridiculous.

Seth with the S rank sword, gets a res boost.

If there's a problem with Seth, I fail to see it.

Speed issues are fixed with speedwings, if he needs one.

His support list includes many great units, with good affinities.

Eirika is decent and fast.

Ephraim, I think supports him, and is decent.

Franz supports him, and becomes Seth no2 eventually, oh and the support is fairly fast imo.

He gets Natasha and Cormag, both of whom are decent.

The only way to make him even better, is letting Pallies use axes again in fe8!

Oh, and he's proof that whenever a knight in Silver Armour appears, the princess gets saved, just like the old saying. How did Valter take 1/2 his HP off anyways?

Without getting the shit beaten out of him.

Actually, if Valter had used his Chapter 15 stats he would have 1-rounded.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If 'killing the entire game effortlessly' counts as 'utility', then how don't you rate on it?

Even GAMEFAQS gave him a seven. The same review gave ZEALOT a ZERO.

I mean christ you're allowed not to '10/10 rapes game' but... I'm not seeing < 8, sorry. Someone grab the tar and feathers.

Oh, and 10/10, rapes game.

Got'cha covered, bro. Now then, I would like my 406/10 please.

Tar-ing and Feather-in?

Huh, I just read a document about that in my history class

Anyway, I feel the only way he could be better was he he was a Wyvern Lord and had access to axes.

10/10 ofc.

4/10, overshadowed in terms of endgame stats. Because I don't rate on utility (except for thieves and even then they need to have some potential to dodge).

I'm ready to be "tarred and feather'd"

Seriously....

Seth has among the best bases out of any GBA FE.

Imo, next to Percival, Miledy, Pent, Ogma Archtypes of GBA fes, Harken, and Oswin.

And he beats them all, due to being around forever.

And having an awesome growth spread and not needing a promo item.

Also, let's let Lumi pour the boiling tar on him.

Oh, and can we send Gheb to hug him before hand?

This is blasphemy.

Edited by The Creeper

I SHALL GIVE SETH A NEGATIVE TEN THOUSAND OUT OF NEGATIVE TEN THOUSAND OUT OF SHEER SPITE

wait

actual post, Seth is too broken not to be at least 9.5, I'm gonna be a rebel and give him that because he doesn't fly. :B):

9.5/10

Even in a casual playthrough, how could you say no to Seth? He's pretty amazing for the entire game.

Because if you use him he "hogs exp"?

Really, though, if you use him even close to as frequently as he deserves, the other characters have serious trouble gaining exp. If the point of a casual playthrough is to raise a bunch of weaklings and turn them into gods, I can understand why they wouldn't like properly using Seth.

9.75/10 since he can't fly.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Name a unit in the GBA FEs, that is around forever, and doesn't require statboosters to break the game.

Lowen wants crest, and may want a statbooster.

Marcus needs a wing or 2.

Fe6 Marcus needs a lot of statboosters.

Alance needs a KCrest

My vote for GBA FEs perfect unit.

Edited by The Creeper

somehow I don't think that reasoning works with people who masturbate to 20/20 stats

Well lemme try with this guy using his own reasoning

AHEM

You want to talk about 20 stats?

Seth's -/20 stats except HP are actually very competitive in comparison to the other cavs thanks to his massive growths and awesome bases. I mean, he's got equal or better str than everyone except Kyle, speed matters less in FE8 than HHM (which is saying something) and Seth's 21 is certainly good for basically everything, better /20 defense than everyone again, except Kyle (and by like less than 1 margin), LOL Skill (god enemies are so balls slow in this game, how the hell do you miss) and even then he still wins against Franz and Kyle, lolres and only he still beats everyone but Amelia in that, and only loses, again, by a margin of less than 1. Luck is even more useless (enemies having crit in FE8? Blasphemy) and he beats Franz and Kyle in those at /20.

In conclusion Seth's -/20 Averages are just around the same ballpark as all the other cavs, so where is your 20/20 averages NOW

This isn't even taking into account how the hell are you getting ANYONE to 20/20 besides Seth in this game without some sort of abuse

I mean it's 22 chapters long, c'mon

Anyway

People who's been here longer might know that I was once an crazy Seth fangirl. I've since toned that down, but it's time to unleash it again.

Some people might remember that I posted a thread in FE8 asking for HHM Formotiis stats for my Sethsolo. Well. I did it. And with the exception of Ch16 due to Bolting and some positioning I had to do with base Eirika so she doesn't get fried while Seth goes and gets more javelins, it was easier than playing FE8 normally.

Conclusion: Units who don't help Seth move further exists to slow him down (except routs and shit but that's why we have prepromotes)

You stick him in the middle of a map. He slaughters the map. Rinse, repeat. He's godly since prologue and he stays godly forever. He does NOT slow down. He makes the game his bitch and slaps it around like a ragdoll, and he doesn't give a fuck. He doubles everything that matters, anyway, and his starting position is pretty damn good for a easy 1turn clear of Fomortiis (hit with Ephraim, hit with Eirika, hit with Seth, if you can't kill it by then, warp a dude with Saleh in and profit), if you care about endgame shenanigans. He's so good he doesn't even need his full speed 75% of the time to kill shit dead. He kills shit dead with his girlfriend on his horse. That's PRO. He's so good that for other units to even be useful ever there's a Sethless mode. Because he'll just go ahead and slaughter everything and doesn't care because he is better than your entire team put together.

In addition to that, he is really fucking hot. So the game throws us an incredibly sexy redhead pallie guy who can solo the game with one hand tied behind his back and still make it even easier than FE8 played with a full team. Seth > team. Seth eats the team for breakfast. Unless they make them move faster, they can live.

6.02*10^23/10. Alas, that will be rounded down to a 10/10 but whatevs.

wrt eating exp in casual: If you just give Seth the bosskills he can level just fine without bothering others since they don't benefit from a bosskill as much anyway if it's something they can replicate with about 3-4 normal kills.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Or you know, just chuck one of those Javelins that Seth uses to rape all of FE8 with

I'm less concerned about high votes that aren't 10, really. But a 4/10 with incorrect reasoning for it? Seth doesn't even get worse than the other cavs, that's the thing. Dude needs to do his research. I mean fuck Seth has like the 4th highest growth total in FE8 in addition to his already great bases.

He can only hold so many Javelins.

Thats why you buy more!

Srsly the only thing that could make Seth even more of a god is give him wings and access to axes. Yeah, i admit, i do a lot of Sethless runs. Or at least after Chapter 8 Sethless runs. Earlygame, Seth gets used no matter what. Hell, if im feeling like a spammer, i stick him in that arena in chapter 5 or some junk to get monies cuz he will own all the things the arena can possibly throw at him. HES JUST THAT AWESOME.

Seth makes every chapter a hell lot easier, but if we're just talking about earlygame, especially chapter 6 with those spiders. Seth can basically just cut through and rip everyone a new one (remember to give an Iron sword so the Halb Fighter doesn't hit him) whereas it takes a bit more effort to keep everyone alive if you bring a full team. Generally I just deploy Eirika and Seth on that chapter. Eirika gets the antitoxin village (because whynot) and Seth goes and kills the map.

He can only hold so many Javelins.

It's nice that his girlfriend is a mobile convoy, isn't it?

Oh yeah Eirika gives him +3atk/+3def/+7 everything else if you wanna do supports or something

Seth makes every chapter a hell lot easier, but if we're just talking about earlygame, especially chapter 6 with those spiders. Seth can basically just cut through and rip everyone a new one (remember to give an Iron sword so the Halb Fighter doesn't hit him) whereas it takes a bit more effort to keep everyone alive if you bring a full team. Generally I just deploy Eirika and Seth on that chapter. Eirika gets the antitoxin village (because whynot) and Seth goes and kills the map.

Yeah. In fact, hes always gonna be deployed in that chapter because yes. That chapter can be a serious pain in the fanny if theres no Seth around to help shit get done.

..., especially chapter 6 with those spiders. Seth can basically just cut through and rip everyone a new one...

Yeah. In fact, hes always gonna be deployed in that chapter because yes. That chapter can be a serious pain in the fanny if theres no Seth around to help shit get done.

<_<

>_>

Am I the only one who's never ever used Seth on that chapter? I mean, I've only played the game twice, once on Normal and once on Difficult, and I remember Seth was the first character I removed from the Pick Units screen. I also killed the boss before any of the villagers got eaten, so it's not like I went super slow or anything.

Oh yeah, rankings. 10/10 because if you're good enough to get banned, then you're clearly too good at what you're doing.

I never said it wasn't doable, he just makes it a lot easier and can kill boss well before the spiders even appear. I've done it with Eirika and Joshua only ffs but man it was a pain in the ass.

wrt eating exp in casual: If you just give Seth the bosskills he can level just fine without bothering others since they don't benefit from a bosskill as much anyway if it's something they can replicate with about 3-4 normal kills.

There are a couple of issues with this. One is that a lot of casuals can't quite seem to make the mental leap that giving boss kills to Seth is better than other characters because they can get lots of exp from random mooks and Seth gets way way more relative exp from a boss compared to a killing a mook. For some reason they seem to think that it's better to just let Seth never get exp and only use him for meatshielding. They can't seem to make the connection you made with how easy it is to get exp for the other characters while at the same time have Seth gain respectable exp.

The other problem is that if all he's doing is killing bosses here and there, I think the casuals would still rate him poorly because now he's only doing one thing each chapter and their beloved Ross gets a bazillion kills. Never mind he's getting each kill handed to him by 1 or 2 other units weakening it and nevermind he needs those bazillion kills just to ever get strong enough to do stuff on his own.