Rate The Unit Day 2: Seth

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still doesn't change the fact that Seth /can/ get to a high level in casual runs without interfering with the other units, I think Slim Sword Seth can probably weaken stuff later on by leaving them with next to none HP as long as he doesn't critical, so that'd actually be beneficial on a casual run for people who wants to use Ross or the other growth units. Don't use Seth for like 4 chapters or so, then throw him into enemies with slim weapons. I'd think while he'll lack the ORKOing he can do with Irons at that point, with no crits he can leave everything at insanely low HP and just have everyone snag kills aka cleanup duty.

It's a shame that they can't get out of that mentality, because Seth even ends quite competitive relative to the other cavs. He's got better growth rates than their growth units ffs.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Seth/10, and this isn't changing until Harpoony gets his butt in here and makes a proper vote

Yeah, I had to do it. Ahem. . .

HE'S VULNERABLE TO HALBERDS AND HE DOESN'T FLY! BAWWW!!!

I think arrows are more common than horse-effective weapons. Therefore, Seth gets a 10/10, because he totally deserves it.

I was morbidly curious and decided to check out Seth vs. CavPalAmelia at (10/20/)20.

AMELIA

HP: 46 Str: 21 Skl: 25 Spd: 25 Lck: 30 Def: 17 Res: 14

HP: 47 Str: 24 Skl: 22 Spd: 21 Lck: 18 Def: 19 Res: 14

SETH

... Considering that like nothing in FE8 has speed at all, they're pretty much identical apart from ten luck. And the whole 'Seth has beaten the game four times while you were grinding Amelia' thing, that's pretty important too.

EDIT: Rounded averages.

Edited by Furetchen

1:

twins-laugh.gif

Approved/10. I like you more as time goes on.

2:

SETH VERSUS PEOPLE, INTEGRITY EDITION.

IN WHICH SETH gets COMPARED to OTHER CAVALIERS at their STRONGEST POINT: (10/)20/20.

SETH VERSUS FRANZ:

HP ST SK SP LK DF RS
47 24 22 21 18 19 14

HP ST SK SP LK DF RS
52 23 21 24 17 18  8

Seth is ACTUALLY WINNING at Strength and Skill and Luck and Defense by MEASLY SINGLE POINTS. He is also REAMING FRANZ in Resistance. Franz has an INCONSEQUENTIAL lead in HP, and +3 Speed.

NET VICTOR: SETH

Availability advantage: Seth by 1.5 chapters.

SETH VERSUS FORDE:

HP ST SK SP LK DF RS
47 24 22 21 18 19 14

HP ST SK SP LK DF RS
54 21 26 24 19 17 11

Seth is WINNING in Strength and Defense and Resistance by FAIR MARGINS. Forde BEATS HIM in Skill and Speed by NOTICEABLE AMOUNTS and has a SINGLE POINT LEAD in Luck, in addition to a SINGLE ANGELIC ROBE worth of HP.

NET VICTOR: ARGUABLE

Availability advantage: Seth by 8 chapters.

SETH VERSUS KYLE:

HP ST SK SP LK DF RS
47 24 22 21 18 19 14

HP ST SK SP LK DF RS
58 25 21 22 13 20  9

Seth BEATS KYLE in Skill by A SINGLE POINT. He has GRAND LEADS in Luck and Resistance. Kyle has A SINGLE POINT of THREE DIFFERENT STATS: Strength and Speed and Defense. Kyle also has ELEVEN POINTS of HP (WOW).

NET VICTOR: KYLE

Availability advantage: Seth by 8 chapters.

SETH VERSUS AMELIA:

I was morbidly curious and decided to check out Seth vs. CavPalAmelia at (10/20/)20.

AMELIA

HP: 46 Str: 21 Skl: 25 Spd: 25 Lck: 30 Def: 17 Res: 14

HP: 47 Str: 24 Skl: 22 Spd: 21 Lck: 18 Def: 19 Res: 14

SETH

... Considering that like nothing in FE8 has speed at all, they're pretty much identical apart from ten luck. And the whole 'Seth has beaten the game four times while you were grinding Amelia' thing, that's pretty important too.

NET VICTOR: SETH

Availability advantage: Seth by 9.5 chapters.

I can forgive people for once thinking the growth cavs outstrip him, because that makes sense, but here's objective proof for the future otherwise.

Seth/10, and this isn't changing until Harpoony gets his butt in here and makes a proper vote

I think arrows are more common than horse-effective weapons. Therefore, Seth gets a 10/10, because he totally deserves it.

Gave him a 10/10.

Lolbroken unit

somehow I don't think that reasoning works with people who masturbate to 20/20 stats

Nino is the best unit? wink.gif

But seriously, I thought everyone was going to give Seth a 10/10 and I'D be the witty one by giving him a 9.9/10. I can't believe people are giving him these crappy scores. Anyways, Seth is basically a 20/1 Franz with slightly weaker stats in all of the unimportant areas (OK, speed, but he has more than enough) with more luck and double the resistance. That ALONE would make him worthwhile material, even near the end of the game. But wait, he comes at Ch. Prologue, you say? Best unit in the game.

11/10, 12/10 for personal bias. 9001 out of 10 to balance out all of the crazies who gave him bad scores (an 8.5 is bad enough, but 4's and 6's? seriously? even people I know who don't use prepromotes love Seth, because he's that awesome).

Seriously, what are Seths chances of death, pre ch8?

-50%. If you get him killed, the game actually retcons it and revives him with higher (!) base stats. True story, I read it in EGM!

Female Archers can't promote and the only Short Bow you get has a limited # of uses. Buying more breaks the bank.

2/10. 9/10 if you're Paperblade and you cheat and promote her anyway.

The Halberd fighter is quite capable of killing him. I've had him die to the weight of units in C5 before too, iirc.

It's not exactly high (well, okay, c6 is relatively high) but it exists.

relatively low starting stats, won't reach any caps on average. early game he's overpowered, when trying to start using him later in the game, he's under powered.

I know he can solo the game, but that's just early recruitment speaking, anyone could if they joined earlier.

6/10 for early recruitment

4/10, overshadowed in terms of endgame stats. Because I don't rate on utility (except for thieves and even then they need to have some potential to dodge).

I'm ready to be "tarred and feather'd"

You two. I need to see justification before I can allow these votes. whase, if Franz joined in Prologue, he would not be capable of soloing the game. His base stats require a teensy tiny itsy bitsy amount of babying (basically until he gets to 9 Speed, iirc). Seth comes with absurd stats, and cannot be beaten in the earliest chapters.

FERS, that's no where NEAR enough justification for the vote to be counted. Please expound or I will have to have this vote discounted.

Creeper voted on Page 1

FERS, that's no where NEAR enough justification for the vote to be counted. Please expound or I will have to have this vote discounted.
Yeah I think 4/10 is stupid, no I do not think that "going against a common belief held" is enough justification to throw out a vote. What makes my Graham's number/10 any less justified, exactly? All I said was "Sigurd's better" and just because you agree with me doesn't mean you should count my vote for the exact same reason you're not counting theirs.