Arena Abuse: Why is it Always the last Character Who Dies?!!!

MidnightShade

Is it just me? I've been playing through Fire emblem again, (since my little brother accidentally pressed the reset button combination), and I'm at Badon. Every single time I play through, I level up the group perfectly, and then poofNewYearsEmoticon.gif! The last next character up dies. Guaranteed. I can even do them in a random order, but the last person always dies.

Does this happen to you guys?

EDIT: I meant the last person from the group I brought to the map.

Edited by MidnightShade

Usually, but I tend to see the last one gets the higher bets most of the time, making me retreat last minute or things like that. I suppose that's the way the game avoids/limits Arena Abuse so early or we're just unlucky :XD: (I choose the last one since I'm really unlucky).

To bad one of the characters doesn't have a RNG goddess pleasing staff. Lucius should do that. It'd give him some purpose.

Edited by MidnightShade

It's called Ninis's Grace.

Nini's Grace has 15 uses, so it can't be used in every arena battle ever.

And I don;t even remember it being around in Port Badon.

I'm playing it legitimately. On the gba. Oh, just within the past hour I started playing it again, and the save data I was using got deleted. No more little siblings playing, eh? XD

Yeah, you would think that they would promote that kinda thing instead of trying to stop it. I mean, if players knew they, with a little extra effort, could breeze through the game... There would be way more casual gamers playing!

Edited by MidnightShade

oh no, arena abuse is for amateurs, you should be playing LTC

Nah, but seriously, if arena abuse was too easy, the game would be kind of boring. There's a reason people don't like the Tower Of Valni. Arenas are part of the grand FE equation of risk VS reward.

Edited by Refa

Try this-

Early promotion!

10/1 Raven is the shit!

Eh...some people like seeing growth units used to their fullest potential.

The trick is, is to bet low. Around under 700 gold. Yeah yer gonna get some weaker enemies but oh well. It makes sure that your unit can survive. Also quitting out sometimes helps. lol! Ive had to do that before.

The trick is, is to bet low. Around under 700 gold. Yeah yer gonna get some weaker enemies but oh well. It makes sure that your unit can survive. Also quitting out sometimes helps. lol! Ive had to do that before.

lol this too. Well, I do under 800 gold because it's way too fucking hard to get one under 700 at later levels.

Also follow Murphy's Law. If there's any chance at all you can lose, quit.

Edited by Refa

lol this too. Well, I do under 800 gold because it's way too fucking hard to get one under 700 at later levels.

Yeah unless your guy is...someone like Rath. I noticed Rath never gets a wager over 710 gold or some junk. (i think its because of his highest weapon level will ALWAYS be the bow. And prior to promotion, his only weapon. So it limits what they can throw at him.)

One time, i arena'd Canas to level 20 on the chapter i got him. He was surprisingly reliable and hardly got a wager over 800 gold. Weirdness....

• 1 month later...

Also, anyone else notice how much easier it got to arena abuse once you got to the second tier? It was really quick, the only one I have any problem with is Oswin.

Edited by MidnightShade

Any unit that uses bows in the arena is going to rape, and rape a lot. For one thing, their only foes are ranged foes. Most bow units have a lot of avoid and SKL, so they hit and dodge a lot, coupled with no enemies that get a positive weapon bonus against them, they're tough to kill. You literally can only face other bow users, or magic users. IIRC, Wil/Rebecca have more RES than they do DEF, so magic units don't hurt them much, and they usually also hit harder than other bow users and more accurately, so there's that. Honestly, I'm surprised you never fight swordsmen with Light Brands, or axemen with Hand Axes and etc, the variety of enemies is so thin it's just sad.

Mages: Good accuracy, but die to bows quickly.

Light magic users: Weak against everything, just admit it. Bowmen rape them like it's a bunch of arabs on an infide- that's racist, please punish me.

Dark magic users: No AS, and terrible accuracy. Their defeat is swift.

Bow users: Almost always inferior to your unit.

Bow users in an arena are always a safe bet, possibly safer than a swordmaster or a hero even.

Edited by Klokinator

I've stuck Clarine (18/2? She promoted pretty late since crest competition was high)in the FE6HM arena on C17 Ilia while waiting for the landbridge to form on my girls-only run when I realised that the game isn't selling me any more Fire tomes at that point. Managed to just get her tome rank to D for Thunder when the bridge formed, score.

The results are hilarious: I don't remember if I just got cheap bets or what, but she faced such terribly low hitrates that she didn't even need healing most of the time.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Eh...some people like seeing growth units used to their fullest potential.

Not like you'll ever get em to 20/20 anyway in a ranked run.

I've stuck Clarine (18/2? She promoted pretty late since crest competition was high)in the FE6HM arena on C17 Ilia while waiting for the landbridge to form on my girls-only run when I realised that the game isn't selling me any more Fire tomes at that point. Managed to just get her tome rank to D for Thunder when the bridge formed, score.

Isn't there like a shop that travels with you in FE6 that sells irons and fire tomes at an increased price?