Are there things about the universe that will forever be beyond our grasp?

uguu

Yes, and if you think otherwise, explain how will you ever know what was there before the big bang (and in the case of parallel universes how the first universe came into being)? or how/why did it occur?

I think so. Even if we figure out things like what exactly the Big Bang was (or what there was instead of it,) it just seems to me there's no way for humans to truly understand how the very tiny (like electrons) and the absolutely massive (like dimensions we don't exist in) work unless we were to fuse ourselves with super computers or something.

I'll certainly be very excited when the day comes that something is invented which lets me hug the sun. (without being obliterated)

Edited by Rehab

I'll certainly be very excited when the day comes that something is invented which lets me hug the sun. (without being obliterated)

... That's be a rather ackward hug... I mean you won't even be able to end your amrs, it'd be more like you are laying face down on it...

One of the great revelations of space exploration is the image of the earth, finite and lonely, bearing the entire human species through the oceans of space and time.

Edited by Defeatist Elitist

nope

someone somewhere at sometime will always figure out the next thing that's confusing us at some point in their life

ad infinitum

you know unless GAMMA-RAY BURST etc

I have always dreamed of hugging a mountain~ Which I'd probably only get to lay flat on it as well in order to do that. Unless I'm high up where there are thinner ridges...

And the only reason why I haven't been able to do that yet is because I live in Indi-freaking-ana where it's almost entirely flat and the most we have are river and glacial valleys (not that that's bad at all) and way down south of where I live are caves. And also because I'm all poor and stuffs =[

But if I can get through all of college successfully and become a geologist then mountains will never seem so far away again >=D

You'd probably have to try becoming an astronaut in a country besides the US (since idk where you live.... that's the only way I feel I can word it) in order to hug the sun like you'd want

Oh wait there are some hills in Indy too, but again, not where I live...

Edited by Freohr Abr Datia