Rate the Unit: Sacred Stones Endgame

My guess is that some casual players like the feel of training crappy units like Amelia and Ewan into monsters, since that makes them feel great playing the game, or something.

I have a friend that told me he felt like he was CHEATING if he ever used Marcus.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that some casual players like the feel of training crappy units like Amelia and Ewan into monsters, since that makes them feel great playing the game, or something.

I have a friend that told me he felt like he was CHEATING if he ever used Marcus.

And then their precious little Trainees get Screwed and then they still harp on about how they're still better than any prepromote.

AMIRIGHT?

Also, why not break the game, its fun and all.

A feeling I'll never understand, I'll admit.

I play Fire Emblem because I don't like grinding.

Same.

FE8 has become a lot more fun for me since I like challenging myself in the game without finding use in the tower or skirmishes. And besides, let's face it: grinding in the tower is boring as fuck.

And then their precious little Trainees get Screwed and then they still harp on about how they're still better than any prepromote.

AMIRIGHT?

Also, why not break the game, its fun and all.

Very.

And Marcus is a godsend, but he kept yelling at me how using him cheats yourself out of the game experience.

I'm suprised that there's still prepromote hate, even when it has been proven that prepromoted units>growth units.

Not really.

Same.

FE8 has become a lot more fun for me since I like challenging myself in the game without finding use in the tower or skirmishes. And besides, let's face it: grinding in the tower is boring as fuck.

Very.

And Marcus is a godsend, but he kept yelling at me how using him cheats yourself out of the game experience.

Its not cheating if you rip the game a new one on HHM

Eh, I just say let people play however they want. The only time I ever play for LTC is in drafts, and I rarely play for efficiency. I use who I like and I like making my favorites stupidly overleveled so they can kill everything, dodge almost everything, and tank what they don't dodge. But everyone has a different play style. If this person wants to rate the characters as such, that's fine. I only ask that they provide reasoning that doesn't consist of "lolprepromote" or "yaytrainee" or "turned out good for me."

Boron has the best reasoning.

Fact: The best players of Fire Emblem can rip the game a new one without relying on stupidly OP super-Jeigans.

Edited by Baldrick

Eh, I just say let people play however they want. The only time I ever play for LTC is in drafts, and I rarely play for efficiency. I use who I like and I like making my favorites stupidly overleveled so they can kill everything, dodge almost everything, and tank what they don't dodge. But everyone has a different play style. If this person wants to rate the characters as such, that's fine. I only ask that they provide reasoning that doesn't consist of "lolprepromote" or "yaytrainee" or "turned out good for me."

Boron, I just can't ever disagree with anything you have to say.

Boron has the best reasoning.

Fact: The best players of Fire Emblem can rip the game a new one without relying on stupidly OP super-Jeigans.

ProTip- Lord solo, works in every game besides FE4.

Hahaha, is this even possible in FE6 HM?

Edited by Refa

Probably not without intensive RNG rigging. I had a Roy who got doubled in Ilia by the mercenaries while I was trying to snag him some kills. :/

Edited by Fat Bunny

I have no problems with casuals in general. The ones I do have problems:

- shove into a tier list

- rate actually good units crappy scores (uh Seth is a God where is the logic behind a 3/10)

- Endgame is the only point that matters

Edited by Colonel M

Teasing people is part of being human.

AND IT'S THE INTERNET.

Also, I play FE because I hate grinding.

Teasing people is part of being human.

AND IT'S THE INTERNET.

Green. Why is it that every time you respond to something I say nowadays you have to nitpick the littlest things I say. Are you just being contradictory for the sake of being so.

Edited by Folgore Yellow

Green. Why is it that every time you respond to something I say nowadays you have to nitpick the littlest things and argue against everything I say just for the sake of being contradictory.

I have three theories.

1. It's a phase.

2. He likes you. :wub:

3. Life halfway around the world isn't as cool as he thought it would be.

Back on topic. . .

Tethys has two things going in her favor:

1. She can allow slower units to catch up to your mounts, or she can allow one overpowered high-move unit to go even further.

2. Given a choice between a Phantom and Tethys, the AI will target the former (this applies to most units, but they can fight back).

Give Seth an honest shot before rating him like that. I think the results will speak for themselves.

I have three theories.

1. It's a phase.

2. He likes you. :wub:

3. Life halfway around the world isn't as cool as he thought it would be.

Back on topic. . .

Tethys has two things going in her favor:

1. She can allow slower units to catch up to your mounts, or she can allow one overpowered high-move unit to go even further.

2. Given a choice between a Phantom and Tethys, the AI will target the former (this applies to most units, but they can fight back).

Give Seth an honest shot before rating him like that. I think the results will speak for themselves.

Haha, I'm just bored of reading Noli Me Tangere and the other books I have to read.

So, I'm a bit bored.

So, its no.3

Green. Why is it that every time you respond to something I say nowadays you have to nitpick the littlest things I say. Are you just being contradictory for the sake of being so.

I'm not, you're just like the eldest sister of the FRs, and as the youngest, it is my duty to do this.

Its not a big deal, but you just seem so serious most of the time.

Yeah, I get the point, get on IP chat, and lets not de-rail the thread.

On topic, I think most of these new casual players just care about capping stats and grinding. With little regard to gameplay, story, or challenge.

Edited by Folgore Green

I'm not, you're just like the eldest sister of the FRs, and as the youngest, it is my duty to do this.

Its not a big deal, but you just seem so serious most of the time.

Yeah, I get the point, get on IP chat, and lets not de-rail the thread.

On topic, I think most of these new casual players just care about capping stats and grinding. With little regard to gameplay, story, or challenge.

Pfft, if it's like an older sister-younger brother thing, then that's fine. (Blue's the youngest FR though, I'm pretty sure.)

Anyway, to be back on topic, there are still quite a few people whose way of playing is about capping stats and grinding. Quite honestly, half of my play style involves that too, except that I rate very differently than I play. As long as people provide objective enough justification for their scores and not simply, "not X" or "I like/hate them", I don't really want to tell people how they should or should not rate.

But if you're objectively rating someone who ends up like Seth much better than Seth himself. . .then what's the basis for it?

Haha, so the rest of the FR can just call you Onee-San?

Well, I tried doing the shiny green numbers thing when I first started playing FE, but it got tedious and boring.

So I learned Early Promotions are a good option.

And then I used Hawkeye to solo COD HNM.

And then I had Seth rape fe8 EM.

And then I got into drafts.

I'm on the thin line between Casual and LTC, I want to get things done as fast as I can, but I also want to grab some occasional treasure, like fe8s Hammerne or fe7s ch28x spdwing.

Onee-san this

FE8's Hammerne is one of the easiest treasures to grab, and shouldn't be counted against LTC. . .unless you're in Grado. The Chapter 28x Speedwing is on the way to the throne, and you get a free unit that can open the chest, if you remembered to bring a Lockpick. Now, if you went after FE8 Chapter 19's Fortify, you might have a point.

The only play style that wouldn't like Seth would be a grindy one. Or maybe a themed run. But there's not that many reasons to rate him low.

But by saying that using Marcus is cheating, he's basically acknowledging how good Marcus is. He just chooses not to use him for a challenge.

But if you're objectively rating someone who ends up like Seth much better than Seth himself. . .then what's the basis for it?

Well, I can't begin to offer an explanation for that. I don't really use Seth much in FE8, but I acknowledge his brokenness even if I don't use him. I can't recall if I rated him or not, but I would've given him 9.5-10 if I were rating him.

Franz was 0.6 off Seth, and many people rated them the same.

I like to think that those ratings were a slippery slope to the awful ratings we see now.

This is what I meant

While people are entitled to their opinions, I think said opinions need to be justified. If the person's reasoning is bad, then I don't think it's a rating that should be counted. If you want an example of someone bucking a trend, check FE11's Xane rating.

But by saying that using Marcus is cheating, he's basically acknowledging how good Marcus is. He just chooses not to use him for a challenge.

Haha, nope. He arena abuses.