what did you make/notice in the new trailer?

marth.25

who/what is the new marth.  

50 members have voted

1. 1. what is marth?

• the origional marth brought forward in time.
    • a male descendant of the origional marth.
    • a female descendant of the origional marth.
    • an imposter/doppelganger.
    • a zombie of the origional marth/descendant.
    • a robot?
    • other. (please comment your thoughts)
    • dont know/dont care/what is the point of this?

if you havent watched the new six minuit trailer then id suggest checking out the topic by shadow stalker e.c.t.

this topic is basically to talk about what you like/didnt like about some of the things in the said trailer.. also anything that you noticed that seemed unusual or interesting.

also there will be a poll about the new "marth"..

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trailer didn't really tell us anything new about Marth to warrant a repeat poll...

Here are some of my thoughts from another post:

>Looking at what they give us with this "dual tag" online option, what do you perceive it actually is? It isn't too clear to me.

>That dragon's gate looking thing that we have all been wondering about for a while doesn't appear to have story relevance. I doubt it is a "Dragon's Gate" now.

>What do you think is going on with this "Sel" (セル)kid?

>Dancers 100% confirmed!

>I didn't see the person in from of Krom on the pegasus. :( My night is ruined. lol

DUAL TAG:

Okay, about "dual tag"...

Above the name of the character at the bottom, there is a small red box with white text that says "you".

I think it is safe to assume that "dual tag" is where you and the person you are playing with online chose a character from each of your rosters and use them to dual attack the "enemy" whose information is on the right.

ADDITIONAL CONTENT:

The only options are "play", "quit", and something about maps (kanji wasn't clear enough). Think there will be more?

>That dragon's gate looking thing that we have all been wondering about for a while doesn't appear to have story relevance. I doubt it is a "Dragon's Gate" now.

I wouldn't rule it out just yet. It's explicitly called an "Other World Gate" and Anna asks if you want to travel to other worlds. I think the enemies in the Dual Tag are Other Worlders.

>What do you think is going on with this "Sel" (セル)kid?

Seems like another player's team (and hence My Unit). Maybe a bit like the Secret Base battles in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

Actually we saw Marth with what seems to be a male voice actor, so that rules out female 'Marth'.

Actually, according to Famitsu, it's a female voice actor o__o

Actually, according to Famitsu, it's a female voice actor o__o

it seems i was right. are there any more translations for the latest famitsu..?

edit. ignore this as i may not be right....

Edited by marth.25

(Which sadly means nothing, as females voice males all the time in Japan.)

(I'm aware of that, but just correcting a fact : P)

Hmmm, I noticed that "villainous" character's clothes resembles My Unit a bit and My Unit has a mark on their hand, so... Perezia royalty maybe?

(I'm aware of that, but just correcting a fact : P)

Hmmm, I noticed that "villainous" character's clothes resembles My Unit a bit and My Unit has a mark on their hand, so... Perezia royalty maybe?

(I know, just stating another fact.)

I wonder if those markings are like FE4's holy blood... I guess not, but hey.

i reckon that it would be better for the plot if marth was female in this...

We don't even know the plot at this point, other than zombies eating neighbors

I noticed everything else but Marth ^^'. The villain reminds me of a Disney character that I can't recall ^^', I like the new pegasi units ;W;, Wyverns are delicate to bows again, Anna's new look is pretty, and I like the possible trainee, I think I saw a shaman, as well as the pink haired dancer.

My Unit's mark

Something I just noticed now, which isn't anything too special, but the world map right before encountering Ira and co. is part of the Barensia-lookalike. So the second continent definitely isn't there just for show...

Also, the desert maps I'd wager are part of Feria, where Khadein would be.

on the theory you have on the poll that masked marth is an impostor, i find that quite unlikely since every time we've had an impostor in the series(f3/12 and fe5)they merely use the sprite of the person they are pretending to be(or have strikingly similar ones) until you talk to them or whatever which reverts them to their own sprite they have never worn masks however the one who has worn a mask was a person trying to hide his identity and even though he never revealed it himself there's pretty conclusive evidence about it (conversations in fe12 for example) so it must be someone related to marth be it female or not, or it is marth himself

or he's a morph with golden eyes

My Unit's mark

Something I just noticed now, which isn't anything too special, but the world map right before encountering Ira and co. is part of the Barensia-lookalike. So the second continent definitely isn't there just for show...

Also, the desert maps I'd wager are part of Feria, where Khadein would be.

It looks to me like Ayra is on the map. This could be very interesting.

The fact that Marth is voiced by a female , which means that is not Marth and only and imposter who we can't say if it was male or female..

Female VAs voice male characters all the time.

Ash Ketchum from Pokemon is voiced by Veronica Taylor.

Hamtaro from Hamtaro is voiced by Chiara Zanni.

Karol Capel is voiced by Julie Ann Taylor. (Kumiko Watanabe in Japanese.)

So I don't see what the VA's gender matters. It has nothing to do with the gender of the character.

Edited by seph1212

Isn't japan a little more... unwilling(?) to change VAs? That could mean 'Marth' is a new character.

Or am I wrong?

Maybe because his original VA is getting older? He was 27 in the OVA and 39 in Brawl and is 43 now. Not saying there's no possibility he could still be Marth's VA. Just giving a possible reason.