what did you make/notice in the new trailer?

marth.25

who/what is the new marth.  

50 members have voted

1. 1. what is marth?

• the origional marth brought forward in time.
    • a male descendant of the origional marth.
    • a female descendant of the origional marth.
    • an imposter/doppelganger.
    • a zombie of the origional marth/descendant.
    • a robot?
    • other. (please comment your thoughts)
    • dont know/dont care/what is the point of this?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doni- Donny?

So his name is donny or something similar.

I took a screenshot of him talking and I'm going to upload it online.

EDIT: Here it is

FEDonnie.png

I also noticed some sort of onfoot Lance wielder fighting alongside Cullum right here at

. Edited by Emperor Hardin

I think Marth is the original Marth, but I don't think that it has much to do with time. Maybe it's an alternate universe or something.

hasnt it already been confirmed to take place around 2000 years in the future?

hasnt it already been confirmed to take place around 2000 years in the future?

Don't believe the time period was revealed yet, but it was predicted by several members on the board to be in the future. Or is there a source I may be forgetting?

Don't believe the time period was revealed yet, but it was predicted by several members on the board to be in the future. Or is there a source I may be forgetting?

im not quite sure where. but i think iread it somewhere.............. mabye not..... i tink so though

Krom is referred to as a descendant of the Hero King, which is Marth's title at the end of FE3.

Krom is referred to as a descendant of the Hero King, which is Marth's title at the end of FE3.

To expand on this, we now know that New Marth claims to be the "Hero King of ages long past", according to TheEnd's translation. Which confirms this game's placement in the timeline.

Seems to shoot down my Falchion theory, however, as it seems Marth's Falchion is the new one, indicating that Krom's is the old one. However, with the involvement of Valencia, I'd expect that Marth's is the one from FE2 in that case.

I just noticed that flying units fall off their mounts when they are hit with bows. :O

Pretty neat if I say so myself.

Edited by Esme

Seems to shoot down my Falchion theory, however, as it seems Marth's Falchion is the new one, indicating that Krom's is the old one. However, with the involvement of Valencia, I'd expect that Marth's is the one from FE2 in that case.

Then do you think are mysterious hero is alms decedent then ?

Then do you think are mysterious hero is alms decedent then ?

It's possible, although my bets are still that he/she is another one of Marth's descendants. Perhaps he/she was in Valencia for some time for whatever reason and was fleeing to Archanea through that portal as we saw in that one video, and might have gotten the Falchion then. On the other hand, any travel to Valencia means it's likely that we'll run into one of Alm's descendants, so perhaps. It's also likely that any villains and whatever else are from Valencia, explaining the monsters and why it would be visited later.

Although I'm still sticking to acknowledging both possibilities for now, after hearing those voice clips, I'm finding it very difficult to imagine that Masked Marth might be male.

Edited by Othin

Although I'm still sticking to acknowledging both possibilities for now, after hearing those voice clips, I'm finding it very difficult to imagine that Masked Marth might be male.

after hearing the voice clips i'm thinking that marth is either a very young child like <14 (which doesn't really explain how he can adequately fight krom who seems to be the same age as ike was in PoR if not older) which made me think that if the whole dimension travel deal is true he could very well be the marth from the prologue of shadow dragon in a different dimension where kain managed to get falchion to him after cornelius died and somehow he got to the world of fe13 (or he landed in valencia and took the falchion from there) or none of that happened and it's just a chick trying to pass of as him

i'm over thinking this

Can anyone with anris blood use the falchion or is it locked to whoever inherits the major blood like genealogy of the holy war ?The mark on krona arm and the fact that he not the the queen is welding falchion might suggest this . If so then I might imagine he/she might be alms decedent who inherited his ability to use the Valencia falchion . But im probably wrong they seemed to imply in shadow dragon anyone who was defended for Anir could use it .

We know that its not Marth. There is no reason for him to be wearing a mask if a) his design is exactly like Marth's and b) he admits he is Marth.

Then there is no purpose for his character wearing a mask, so we can assume that it is not Marth. Not to mention, Marth has never been very "badass", unlike this vigilante.

I smell imposter.

We know that its not Marth. There is no reason for him to be wearing a mask if a) his design is exactly like Marth's and b) he admits he is Marth.

Then there is no purpose for his character wearing a mask, so we can assume that it is not Marth. Not to mention, Marth has never been very "badass", unlike this vigilante.

I smell imposter.

Wearing the mask while admitting he is Marth means nothing. It could be that he wants Krom to know, but wants to remain anonymous otherwise. He could be an imposter, but there is no evidence to support it as of yet.

While wearing a damn tiara? That would be one of the worst disguises ever: doing absolutely nothing to disguise yourself except wearing a sign that says "hi, I'm disguising myself!"

Edited by Othin

Well what if it's a person pretending to be someone who is pretending to be Marth, and the mask is really just to distract people from how he/she is really hiding his/her identity? Depending on how far IS is willing to go, this could really be a brilliant disguise. (note: I'm not being entirely serious right now.)

While wearing a damn tiara? That would be one of the worst disguises ever: doing absolutely nothing to disguise yourself except wearing a sign that says "hi, I'm disguising myself!"

You act like IS hasn't done that before.