what did you make/notice in the new trailer?

marth.25

who/what is the new marth.  

50 members have voted

1. 1. what is marth?

• the origional marth brought forward in time.
    • a male descendant of the origional marth.
    • a female descendant of the origional marth.
    • an imposter/doppelganger.
    • a zombie of the origional marth/descendant.
    • a robot?
    • other. (please comment your thoughts)
    • dont know/dont care/what is the point of this?

To us its obvious, maybe it's not as obvious to them even though he outright said that's who he was. But it's retarded to call this idea retarded without any sort of knowledge of the plot.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Masks add 110% more badassery....well real masks...this weird butterfly mask thing adds about....20% badassery and 999% more X chromosomes

While wearing a damn tiara? That would be one of the worst disguises ever: doing absolutely nothing to disguise yourself except wearing a sign that says "hi, I'm disguising myself!"

kYBd.pngkYAU.png

i know it's a different series but you can't say that no video game has ever pulled this before

Edited by Camtech

Haven't we gone over that this is a really fucking common practice in Japan and it means absolutely nothing

I mean fuck if a man as manly as Kenshin Himura has a female VA

Marth can have one ffs

Does it really matter plotwise if he's male or female

Haven't we gone over that this is a really fucking common practice in Japan and it means absolutely nothing

Marth can have one ffs

im just saying... sheesh,

You've been "just saying" for the past few eternities now. It's getting old.

oh my god.... what are your guys problems.this whole site is dedicated to speculations. correct me if im wrong but is thinking marth is female,not a speculation...so whats your issue with me?...

Edited by marth.25

oh my god.... what are your guys problems.this whole site is dedicated to speculations. correct me if im wrong but is thinking marth is female,not a speculation...so whats your issue with me?...

There's speculating, and then there's bleating the speculation like a broken record and even though multiple people have repeatedly said, "Marth's voice actor is female," you keep going on about how a female sounds so female. We get that you think Marth is a female and would love it if Marth was a female and would want her in your pants if female, but I don't think there's enough information to suddenly jump to conclusions and readily accept it as truth, because, of course, this is speculation.

And by the by? This site isn't dedicated to speculations, it's dedicated to Fire Emblem in general. :3:

There's speculating, and then there's bleating the speculation like a broken record and even though multiple people have repeatedly said, "Marth's voice actor is female," you keep going on about how a female sounds so female. We get that you think Marth is a female and would love it if Marth was a female and would want her in your pants if female, but I don't think there's enough information to suddenly jump to conclusions and readily accept it as truth, because, of course, this is speculation.

And by the by? This site isn't dedicated to speculations, it's dedicated to Fire Emblem in general. :3:

this, to an extent.

I don't know you, Marth, so I'm not about to pass judgment, but I will say this: you're taking the idea that Marth is (or ought to be - I don't know your exact stance) female a bit too far. I get a vibe of hypersensitivity from your reactions to the comments you receive, too. Keep in mind that there are people on this forum that disagree with your positions, and that they are not foes to be defeated or silenced, nor are they ignorant fools to be corrected. Do not treat them as such - you'll receive civility in return for respect.

Concerning the gender of Marth, I think IS has made it quite clear by this point that he is male, and likely to remain so. This is not a display of intolerance; it is consistency. In a pragmatic sense, it would be unwise for IS to arbitrarily change his gender - consider the community's reaction, and how it might affect sales - besides which, what possible plot point would be enhanced by or dependent on such a gender change? What would it accomplish?

If you like the idea of Marth changing genders, or if you think it would be interesting for IS to take his character in that direction, that is fine. We do not judge you for that. What irks us is that you feel the need to repeat yourself. We know how you feel about it, so why not move on from the subject?

Not trying to shoot you down or be a dick. Just Saiyan. cool.gif

-ASK

Edited by Anti-Social Knight 2.0

Marth can have one ffs

It being common for male characters to be voiced by common is not the same as it being common for male characters to sound like women.

Marth (user) is just being annoying at this point, yes, but I can't agree with the idea that the voice clip is meaningless.

The voice clip sounded enough like other grown men voiced by women that it's pretty meaningless. Is there the possibility of Marth perhaps being a chick? Yes. Is this conclusive evidence of being so? Not at all. I remember Kenshin sounding vaguely like that. Haven't watched Rurouni Kenshin for ages, though.

ok guys.... i get the point... i apologise if i have been repeating myself a bit too much... i personally was not aware of this but ok...and btw i am just specylating. NOT taking it as fact.also if you guys are offended by me THAT much then i have a simple solution.... just ignore me? just pretend you dont see it...you should now be fine.. .. ..judgemental much...

It being common for male characters to be voiced by common is not the same as it being common for male characters to sound like women.

Marth (user) is just being annoying at this point, yes, but I can't agree with the idea that the voice clip is meaningless.

That does not mean that the evidence is conclusive. It might've been a quip or something, and it's not like men always sound like men. I've heard men scream like women and sing like women, but does that make them women? No. While this clip isn't meaningless, it's annoying when it's been brought up several times that it really is inconclusive, and people won't leave it at that. If this "Marth is female" thing gave way to other kinds of speculation, which I feel was the purpose of the thread, then sure. Maybe I'll say Marth is really a transvestite! Best of both worlds!

ok guys.... i get the point... i apologise if i have been repeating myself a bit too much... i personally was not aware of this but ok...

And now you are aware.

and btw i am just specylating.

You've said this at least 3 times already on this page alone. Again, you don't need to keep repeating yourself.

NOT taking it as fact.also if you guys are offended by me THAT much then i have a simple solution.... just ignore me? just pretend you dont see it...you should now be fine..

It's extremely difficult to ignore you, as you tend to post the same thing on other threads and we'll still have to be subjected to see your writing. If we could hide all of your posts ever, then I could see how that could work, but I read pretty fast, and if I see a short, 2-sentence, chances are that I'll already have read the post before realizing who the poster was.

.. ..judgemental much...

No, this is not being judgmental. Judgmental* would be along the lines of me calling you a flaming homo and telling you to gtfo and never come back to SF because of your flaming homo-ness as an example. What I was doing was pointing out that you were being excessively repetitive, which you seem to understand. However, you are also screaming foul due to people not liking you repeatedly saying that Marth is a girl when we get it already, and you don't need to repeat yourself anymore as you've already established your point of view. Trying to justify your broken record-ness by trying to shift the blame on other people for supposedly being "judgmental" isn't going to help you and will only invoke other peoples' ire.

It's extremely difficult to ignore you, as you tend to post the same thing on other threads and we'll still have to be subjected to see your writing. If we could hide all of your posts ever, then I could see how that could work, but I read pretty fast, and if I see a short, 2-sentence, chances are that I'll already have read the post before realizing who the poster was.

You can, add him to your Ignore List and the forum will do exactly that.

Speaking of the World Map, I noticed that you don't automatically enter battle for passing by enemies. Been a while, so my memory is foggy, but Sacred Stones sent you straight into battle didn't it? I'm pleased by this if it's the case.