what did you make/notice in the new trailer?

marth.25

who/what is the new marth.  

50 members have voted

1. 1. what is marth?

• the origional marth brought forward in time.
    • a male descendant of the origional marth.
    • a female descendant of the origional marth.
    • an imposter/doppelganger.
    • a zombie of the origional marth/descendant.
    • a robot?
    • other. (please comment your thoughts)
    • dont know/dont care/what is the point of this?

Isn't japan a little more... unwilling(?) to change VAs? That could mean 'Marth' is a new character.

They are normally unwilling unless there are extenuating circumstances, like the VA dying, being unable to do the voice for whatever reason, the VA quitting; you get the point, so maybe Marth's older VA (Melee, the OVAs, Brawl, etc.) was just getting too old for the voice, or quit?

It could mean that this Marth is a new character, but there's no reason to jump to those conclusions based on something as shaky as changing VAs.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why change it to a female VA ? he had a male originally didn't he ?

Female VAs voice male characters all the time.

Ash Ketchum from Pokemon is voiced by Veronica Taylor.

Hamtaro from Hamtaro is voiced by Chiara Zanni.

Karol Capel is voiced by Julie Ann Taylor. (Kumiko Watanabe in Japanese.)

So I don't see what the VA's gender matters. It has nothing to do with the gender of the character.

I said we still don't know if it was male or female but it's definitely not Marth........

Edited by Brave Lord

Why change it to a female VA ? he had a male originally didn't he ?

They are normally unwilling unless there are extenuating circumstances, like the VA dying, being unable to do the voice for whatever reason, the VA quitting; you get the point, so maybe Marth's older VA (Melee, the OVAs, Brawl, etc.) was just getting too old for the voice, or quit?

Come on man, it's not that hard to miss ;/

I said we still don't know if it was male or female but it's definitely not Marth........

and why are you jumping to that conclusion without any evidence what so ever?

Edited by seph1212

Marth's VA from the Fire Emblem OVA and Melee was not actually contacted again for Brawl, they simply imported the Marth's voice files from Melee into Brawl.

So he hasn't been Marth in about 11 years. That would explain a lot.

There's no evidence to support what you seem to be so sure of...

Didn't know that about Marth's VA. But reading back I do recall that a ton of voice work was done for future Smash games.

I said this is the other thread, but I think there are at least two Marth's in this game. One an imposter, the other the real Marth (whom Krom battles in the arena). Why someone would impersonate a man long since dead, I have no idea, but stranger things have happened.

Hey does anybody know what it says in the trailer at 6:00? It had a list that showed 3DS, DSi LL, DSi, etc. Can anyone tell me what they are saying there? I doubt it says compatible with previous gen DS's, just curious.

I think Marth is the original Marth, but I don't think that it has much to do with time. Maybe it's an alternate universe or something.

It could mean that this Marth is a new character, but there's no reason to jump to those conclusions based on something as shaky as changing VAs.

Too old for the voice? LOL

Yes, Midorikawa is 43 turning 44 this year, but last year he voiced freaking HEERO YUI for SRW Z2-1, and Heero is like, what, a teenager? Age is not an issue.

On the other hand, Midorikawa may be just busy. He has after all recording work for Z2-2, Masoukishin (both the PSP remake of I and the new II), and OGs2.

That's quite the schedule, who knows.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Too old for the voice? LOL

Yes, Midorikawa is 43 turning 44 this year, but last year he voiced freaking HEERO YUI for SRW Z2-1, and Heero is like, what, a teenager? Age is not an issue.

I never said it was the issue, I said it was one of the possible issues that companies lay off certain VAs .-.

And yes, he could also just be busy.

I never said it was the issue, I said it was one of the possible issues that companies lay off certain VAs .-.

And yes, he could also just be busy.

Well, considering how his work with Marth has been dialogue for a 2 episode OVA and just grunts and small quotes in a game that later got reused, and then having 4 projects already...

YEah, I'm sure a reason (who knows if it's THE reason) is he may be just busy.

Well, considering how his work with Marth has been dialogue for a 2 episode OVA and just grunts and small quotes in a game that later got reused, and then having 4 projects already...

YEah, I'm sure a reason (who knows if it's THE reason) is he may be just busy.

Chill. He may be busy, but those were all legit reasons to lay off VAs. How are we supposed to know if he is busy?

I know it's a different situation, but Lupin III still has the same voice actors after 30-40 years. That's insanity dedication right there

Chill. He may be busy, but those were all legit reasons to lay off VAs. How are we supposed to know if he is busy?

Well, in a previous post I already listed at least 4 works that he has voice recording to do. It's just a simple matter of doing some little research. It's simple enough.

Well, in a previous post I already listed at least 4 works that he has voice recording to do. It's just a simple matter of doing some little research. It's simple enough.

It's really not important enough an issue. There were possible reasons talked about and it could be left at that. Why do you care so much? -_-

It's really not important enough an issue. There were possible reasons talked about and it could be left at that. Why do you care so much? -_-

Um, who says I care so much? I'm honestly asking here.

Oh, this is just something Acacia does. He likes having the last word. Don't pay him too much mind.

Uh... really? Is that I how come off in my posts?

Most of the time, yeah :/

I just found funny the age comment. Didn't knew it would be taken for far more than that Then again, the way I wrote it may have caused that... I'm sorry...

Female VAs voice male characters all the time.

Ash Ketchum from Pokemon is voiced by Veronica Taylor.

Female VAs voice mostly prepubescent male characters because they share the same pitch ranges. Some female VAs with deeper voices do voice male characters (Paku Romi: Edward Elric) but Ed doesn't unambiguously sound like a girl.