FOLGORE RANGERS ROLL CALL

MacLovin

I should've started this ages ago ...

It was an ordinary day in the city of Serenes Forest. The sun was shining and the residents were out socializing. Doku, Imp, and 13th were walking down the street ... talking about drafts and anime and the latest incidents to occur in Serenes Forest.

"Oh, that reminds me," Imp chirped, "that is exactly like the time where --"

"No!" Doku shouted. "No spoilers, ever!"

"Aww ..." Imp pouted. "You don't even know what I was going to say."

"Everything you say is a spoiler!" Doku cried, flailing his arms around.

"You do tend to spoil things quite a bit," 13th said. "Especially for our leader."

"Doku, you need to hurry up and finish part 3," Imp huffed. "I need to talk about Jojo with someone!"

13th laughed. "Why not just talk with Integrigirl, then?" he suggested. "You two talk about anime all the time."

"Hey, that's a good idea!" Imp exclaimed. "I'll go see her later today!"

"Just make sure I'm far away during that time," Doku muttered.

-

Camdar was not in a good mood. His incompetence had been especially acting up recently, causing him to fail at everything he had tried to do. Horita had finally kicked him out of the not-on-the-Moon super secret non-Buttlair second base, fed up with the incompetence that was radiating from Camdar's very presence. However, he had assigned his lackey a task "so simple not even you could screw it up": grocery shopping. Their cookie stocks were running low.

It had taken Camdar more time than it would the usual shopper to finish buying everything on Horita's list. His wings kept on getting stuck between the aisles and on the shelves, and several items had been placed out of his reach. By the time Camdar had finished paying for everything, he was in an even worse mood than before. Juggling three large paper grocery bags in front of him so that they blocked his vision, Camdar had only one thought running through his mind: this day cannot possibly get any worse.

-

"Oomph!"

Doku and the Serenes Forest denizen whom he had run into fell to the ground after their head-on collision. The denizen had been carrying several grocery bags in his arms, and the contents had spilled out all around them. Both seemed to be rather dazed, neither making a move to stand up.

"Are you all right?" Imp asked as she and 13th helped Doku to his feet.

"I'm okay, don't worry," he said, rubbing his backside. "I didn't see that guy coming!"

"Do you need some help?" 13th offered the other guy.

"No, I don't need help," the denizen snapped back, scowling, as he gathered up his items and dumped them into his grocery bags. "Out of my way." He pushed his way past the three Folgores and stormed off in a huff.

"Sheesh! What was his problem?" Imp asked. "He seemed unusually grouchy!"

"He seemed a bit ... familiar," 13th said out loud.

"Yeah, I know, but I can't seem to remember where I've seen him before ..." Doku scratched his head.

"Hey ... Doku! What happened to your communicator?" Imp cried out just then.

"What are you talking about, Imp? It's right here --" Doku pointed to his wrist, only to find out that his communicator watch was not where he had last seen it. Frantic, he searched the ground where he had fallen ... but it was nowhere in sight. "No! Where'd it go?"

13th picked up the lone item that remained on the sidewalk, which was clearly not his leader's watch. "That guy forgot something. A package of double chocolate chip cookies."

Doku and Imp both perked up at those words. "Double chocolate chip cookies?" they repeated.

"But ... doesn't that sound like ..." Imp started.

"Camdar! Of course!" Doku yelled. "I just ran into Camdar ... and he must have taken my communicator!"

"What devious plan must Horita have in mind?" 13th wondered, frowning.

"We have to get it back!" Imp said. "Doku's communicator has all of our contacts! If Horita gets ahold of that information ... we're so screwed!"

"In that case, we have no time to waste!" Doku spoke up. "Folgore Rangers ... let's thwart Horita Repulsa ... again!"

"But ... there's only three of us here," Imp reminded him. "The others, they all left Serenes Forest and won't be back for a while."

"Facing Horita and Camdar with just the three of us is a risky choice," 13th remarked. "It's practically suicide."

"I agree," came an unfamiliar voice from close by. "Which is why ... you'll be needing our help."

The thee Folgores started at the interruption, searching for the stranger who had called out to them. "Who are you? Show yourself!" Doku demanded.

"Don't worry, we're your allies," said the voice, which belonged to one of two denizen sitting on the bench behind them. The speaker stood up and approached the three Folgores, his red cape trailing behind him. "I am RaveMaster, and my partner and I can help you in your fight against Horita Repulsa."

Edited by Seoyeon

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, sounds great. :XD:

Actually, you and Purple are the only Folgores who have yet to write a story. Even 13th had two.

I'd probably be terrible at writing a story!emo13.gif

I'd probably be terrible at writing a story!emo13.gif

That's not an issue! XD We're not all master writers, after all. :P

Boron, I expect you to get to writing that masterful story we came up with in chat.

I have to finish the one I started now first. :P

where the fuck am i

50 PAGES FUCK YEAH

LONG LIVE THE FOLGORE RANGERS

and their supporting cast too who we all love

where the fuck am i

You showed up in the last one with Banzai and ZM, remember? :P

Hee ... :lol: I'm actually doing a series of mini-stories where only three Folgores at a time appear in a given story, along with a new ally. So the one with you included Banzai, ZM, PKL, and Freohr. The next one will have me, Purple, and Harpoon, including James and Breezy as well.

guess what people

Blue is finding his forte

and there's a goldie character now too

this story im currently doing should be done soon

guess what people

Blue is finding his forte

and there's a goldie character now too

this story im currently doing should be done soon

You too? :lol: ZM is working on a story with Charlie as a Goldie-slayer!

Edited by Xin Li

I thought Charlie didn't want to be in on this.

Oh well, multiple Goldie stories can be fun. My Goldie is a first party villian, who captured half our main 6.

I thought Charlie didn't want to be in on this.

Originally, he didn't, but Tangerine convinced him otherwise. Also, I accidentally took a picture of the chat room when she convinced him to, so I have photographic proof! :lol:

Bored bored bored...

Narrator: It was a day like any other...

Mysterious other Narrator: Cut to snowball fight!

You see Red, Blue, Yellow, and Horita lining up against Green, Black, White, and Camdar

13th: Why is Camdar on our team in this snowball fight?

Shin: Because he is! We needed the 8th player!

13th: Why is Red and Horita not arguing?

Banzai: Are. Not is.

13th: English failed me!

Cut forward to afterwards, when the postman comes to deliver a package to Pink

Jedi: Package for TImp.

Pink walks out the door, wearing 3 coats to protect herself from the cold.

Timp: Thank you...

Camdar throws a snowball at the postman JUST as Darros throws a snowball with a rock in it at Camdar.

Jedi: Oof.

Jedi drops the package

Camdar: Augh! THERE WAS A ROCK IN THAT SNOWBALL.

Darros: I didn't throw any rocks!

Horita: Its your fault for being such a failure, Camdar.

You see the rock bounce off of Camdar's head... and land on the dropped package. A crack is heard.

13th: Oh shi...

Shin: Crap...

Darros: We're doomed!

Boron and Banzai quietly leave

Creeper: With luck this won't end...

Timp: My... Jotaro... statue...

13th: SHE'S GONNA BLOW. DUCK FOR COVER!

13th's power level grows to like 1700 and he uses a blast of energy to move everyone BUT Camdar to safety. You see some minor explosions and major amounts of bloodshed as Pink's power grows beyond numerical measure and Camdar is blown to smithereens by her rage. She uncharacteristically flips the fuck out as the author of this tale uncharacteristically swears a lot. Loud quantities of shouting is heard, with plenty of censoring going on.

Later... the rangers return to their snowball fight area. They see more blood than they knew could come from a monster. Camdar was revived by Horita at a later date with the Valkyrie Staff, reluctantly of course.

13th: What the hell was in that package that caused Timp to uncharacteristically flip the fuck out?

Boron/Shin/Creeper/Darros/Banzai: Jojo stuff.

Eliedon: Rangers, we have a serious problem. Our funds have taken a serious dive. Its like when Timp bought that 1000 dollar statue of the Jojo person last year and we had to live on biscuits and baked beans.

13th: Not again... That got old.

Timp: Ehehehe... Did I forget to mention the new thousand dollar Jotaro Statue I bought?

Everyone: Yes!

At that moment, a large roar was heard, and it got quite cold.

Timp: I hate the cold... I really hate the cold...

13th: Sounds like Frostysaurus Rex is up to no good.

Shin: Its Cursin...

Timp: I HATE THE COLD!

Shin: ... OK then. ITS CURSIN' TIME!

Shin: Folgore Red, with the power of cursing everything!

Darros: Folgore Blue, with the power of generic peanutheadness!

Boron: Folgore Yellow, with the power of Common Sense!

Banzai: Folgore Black, with the power of English!

Creeper: Folgore Green, with the power of ridiculous luck!

Timp: Folgore Pink, with the power of hating cold!

13th: Folgore White, with the power of really bad writing skills!

And with a crash of lightning, the rangers went off to fight the Frostysaurus Rex.

13th: Explain to me again what this thing is.

And Shin tells that story.

13th: Oh.

Finally, they reach the monster. It was already in its giant form, so they summoned the Folgore Zords. In the ensuing chaos, everything puts together into a 4 legged megazord with lots of overly large guns.

Creeper: Is it just me or is the Folgore Zord never the same twice?

Shin: Its just you.

With a very large seizure-causing blast of stupid color, the guns fire and send F. Rex back to its frozen planet of art.

Eliedon: Good work rangers. Now let's go home.

Meanwhile

Horita: I cannot believe I had to use the Valkyrie Staff on you Camdar.

Camdar: I will succeed next time!

Edited by 13th

Horita: I cannot believe I had to use the Valkyrie Staff on you Camdar.

I can't either! Horita can use Valkyrie Staff? :XD:

Ch 1

Folgore

The year was 20XX. A hazy shade of grim had fallen over the world. Heavy chiaroscuro obscured all faces, emphasizing square jaws and inset eyes. In the bleakness of this gray-and-black land a lone wanderer walked into a bar, shoulders slumped beneath the pointiest trench coat you ever saw. The stranger made his way to the end of the bar, wading through shadows, discarded syringes, and succulent-yet-overused prostitutes. Ignoring promises of scandalous bedroom affairs, the Matrix reject continued with single-minded determination towards the far corner of the bar, where a lone man sat nursing a beverage of ambiguous origin. Neither man made eye contact even as the newcomer pulled out a chair and sat down opposite the drinker.

“Black.”

The artist formerly known as Folgore Black tossed aside the drink in an exaggerated gesture emphasized further by the large all-caps CRACK that emanated from the leftmost side of the panel.

“Nobody’s called me that for years.”

His voice was gruff, like the outpouring of gravel in a cone exactly three inches in diameter from a nozzle coated in sandpaper. The gruffness of the voice was of such a gruff quality that not even Scruff McGruff himself would have taken a bite out of it.

“It doesn’t matter. There’s a situation with one of your old companions. A certain… Folgore Green.”

“Never heard of him,” said Black, who by the way was a completely pale white guy.

“Don’t give me that shit,” said the newcomer, exercising his right to swear in the new grittier and darker parameters of the story. “This is a real serious problem we got here. I looked far and wide for someone capable of handling this little situation, and you were the best I could find. Now get your drunk ass up. I’ve got a car waiting outside, it’ll take us to the scene of the crime.”

“Mommy always told me not to ride with strangers,” said Black. “How do I know I can trust you?”

The stranger paused, contemplating how to make his next action the most dramatic. Ultimately he decided to lean his face forward just out of the shadows, revealing a face that Black knew all too well: the incredibly handsome face of Zeddmare.

Black leapt up, overturning the table and sending generic glassware flying in every which direction, pelting hobos and harlots alike. “Lord Zeddmare?! What is this, some kind of trap?”

Zeddmare remained calm, a languid smile spreading over his face as he crossed his legs in an extremely effeminate and yet extremely handsome manner.

“I wouldn’t make a scene if I were you, Folgore Black. You never know who may be watching. Now certainly, we’ve had our disagreements in the past, but… I’m hoping we may be able to get over those petty squabbles for the time being, circumstances as they are. And by the way, just as you no longer wish to be referred to as Black, I am no longer ‘Zeddmare’. I would appreciate it if you called me by my official title, the Zeddmayor. I figure you of all people will enjoy the pun.”

“Zeddmayor… You mean…?”

The languid smile widened. “Yes indeed. After the mysterious disappearance of our beloved Vincent, the role of mayor of Serenes City was left vacant.” He leaned back and let a dainty, flippant hand gesture towards nothing in particular. “I campaigned on a whim, and, what can I say? I just have the kind of face that people like to vote for.”

“For which people like to vote,” corrected Black under his breath.

“I’m surprised you didn’t hear about it, it was quite the news story. ‘Former criminal mastermind now mayor of city,’ the tabloids screamed. But alas, when one becomes as reclusive as yourself, such details seem to slip through the cracks… I should know. The years on the run, hounded on all sides by you meddlesome Folgores; it was loathsome, I tell you. But those dark days are no more, just as your hippy-trippy little freedom brigade—but I digress. Have you heard enough yet?”

Black’s eyes shifted from side to side. His outburst had caused quite a stir in the bar, and the dregs of the earth who populated it had gathered around with searching eyes and venomous sneers.

“Okay,” said Black, his unease growing as the eyes bore down upon him, “I’ll go on one condition. Tell me right now what’s the matter with Green.”

For a moment Zeddmayor didn’t respond, far too concerned with his immaculate nails. A momentary lapse of attention caused him to remember where he was, and he turned back to Black with the mournful face a crocodile might wear.

“Ah, yes,” he said, extracting a file from his trench coat pocket and running it across his nails, “Folgore Green was found murdered this morning.”

[spoiler=Folgore Rangers Origins: White]A long long time ago...

In a dimension adjacent to our own...

The year 13XX.

The power of magic roamed through the land, wielded by scholars who limited the use, all under control of a church which despised the use of it.

The church was waging war against unauthorized magic, including the control of the elements.

The Folgore Knights were a crack group of Butt fighters magic wielding fighters against the church.

Folgore Red was the High Priest of the group, and its leader. Dokutayuu III was his name.

Folgore Blue was actually incapable of using magic, but he was a berserker of great skill AND PEANUTHEADEDNESS. Darros VIII was his name.

Folgore Yellow was a Nomaic Trooper with the ability to use magic. Xin Li was her name.

Folgore Black was a Wyvern General, which wielded all three physical weapons but no magic, who, despite working against the church, hated magic. General Banzai II was his name.

Folgore Green was a Hero who wielded magic. He had astounding luck. Silver Harpoon XXXIII was his name.

Folgore Pink was a Mage Knight who fought with her love of eastern picture stories, called Manga. TheTinyImp IX was her name.

And Folgore White was the youngest, a Mage who fought for the group. His name was merely XIII.

The main church leaders were Pope Horace VI, a General, and Archbishop Camdar of Chalphy, a Great Knight.

Before this, the church was surrounding the rangers in their base. Now, the final fight begins.

Chapter the last for this dimension... Also known as Hamlet, Act V: Everyone Dies

The church had surrounded Dokutayuu's castle, Castle Folgore. The powers of the Folgore were fading away, and they were likely going to die. But Folgore Red would not give up. He ordered a desperate charge in 3 groups, and ordered XIII to remain behind. Darros and Xin Li went one way, TheTinyImp and Silver Harpoon went another, and Dokutayuu and General Banzai went the third way. XIII was watching the tower, and firing his thunder at any target in range. When he was firing one at one of the Wyvern Knights sent by Pope Horace VI, which wasn't easy, he heard a scream.

"Why!? Banzai, why!?"

Wheeling around, XIII saw the halberd wielded by the Black Folgore Knight, known only as the Banzai Blade, impaling through Dokutayuu's stomach. And XIII knew that he couldn't do anything to stop Banzai. So he did the only thing he could.

"Because I don't trust magic. I only trust reason, logic, and English. Pope Horace knows them all."

Then a sickening crunch was heard to the west, where the Pink and Green Folgore Knights were fighting forces led by Archbishop Camdar. The giant sword wielded by Camdar went through the heart of Harpoon, killing him instantly and crushing the bones. TheTinyImp was being taken away by knights as a prisoner of the church.

A scream went up from Darros, very girly sounding. Horace's powerful lance went straight through his chest, and the scream was the scream of death. Xin Li's horace went down from a javelin, and she was taken away.

Banzai was flying toward the castle, to kill XIII, likely. Running through the corridors, he found it. A bottle. Pouring its contents on the ground, he took his tome and flew out the hole created.

After the disappearance of the White Folgore Knight, the women were taken and imprisoned, but they lived the rest of their lives there. 5 years later Pink died, and Yellow a year later.

Origins: White

XIII landed in the year 2010, and called himself 13th when he learned of the modern times. His magic stood out. But he knew he was still the White Folgore Knight. When he heard of 6 "rangers" fighting evil, he knew that it must be the Folgore Knight equivalent.

Meanwhile, in the Folgore Command Center (Shin's attic)

Eliedon, the floating head in a fishbowl, detected the powers to the south of town. Having Refa-5, his trusted assistant, warp the power to the command, he found the mage.

"You. You have Folgore Power, but I didn't grant it. Who are you?"

"I am the White Knight of Castle Folgore, my lord. My name is 13th."

"That garb... you're a mage, aren't you?"

"I am, my lord."

"You will help the Folgore Rangers, which have the power of Folgore in this time. You are now a Folgore Ranger. Your white robes will help you. Assist them well."

"Yes, my lord."

After several months, he picked up on the way the new place talked and worked. He learned that Shin, the red ranger, cursed everything. Darros, the blue one, was generic, but had a peanut head. Boron, the yellow ranger, had the common sense and was honestly the most fit to lead. Timp, the pink ranger, was a fan of moving picture stories, called "anime". Banzai, the black ranger, whom he trusted, was known as an "English Major". And Sharpy, the green ranger, had amazing luck. 13th fit in ok, though his robes and classy outfits stood out no matter what he did.

And then the rangers did the battles, Camdar failed a lot, and all that jazz.

Edited by 13th

Of which Pope Horace knows all of them.

Is that proper english? (As opposed to "All of which Pope Horace knows" or "Of which Pope Horace knows all") There's no point in correcting the rest, but surely words that Banzai actually speaks should be parsed correctly.

Story moved due to formatting errors. Curse you, formatting errors! Instead, here's a quote from Shin!

Xin Li: You should know that I listed Goldie as a "3rd party villain"

Shin Chan: haha

Shin Chan: she should be 4th party

Xin Li: Why 4th party?

Shin Chan: because she's from SCIENCE and OUTER SPACE

Edited by Seoyeon