FOLGORE RANGERS ROLL CALL

MacLovin

I was able to develop theories about video games and postmodernism through discussions I had on SF

That's what I've learned

I was able to criticize theories about learning by posting on SF by posting on SF.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**drinks a bucket of caffeinated beverages**

Folgore Yellow special power ... screwing up everything.

An alert man will learn from any event.

Yeah, that is true. I just hope I'll learn sooner than later. :/

I have no idea if this should count under canon, haha. Just a funny little incident that happened in chat right before it refreshed.

It was the dawning of another day in the city of Serenes Forest. The denizens were either fast asleep in their beds or planning for a late night, and the Folgore Rangers were no exception. It was time for some well-deserved rest after a long day of fighting villains and saving the day.

... Well, almost.

Doku and Boron had been unlucky enough to have the misfortune of being the latest two Folgores to go to bed. By the time Eliedon received the distress signal, they were the only ones awake enough for the job. The situation: a nearby world was imploding upon itself. A handful of Serenes Forest denizens were trapped on the imploding world, and the two Folgores had to either stop the end of that world or rescue their friends.

Of course they had no other choice but to accept. And so, Eliedon teleported them to the crumbling world -- conveniently, right where their friends were located: James, their bookkeeper; Ein, a denizen who normally did little but stand nonchalantly; and two others, Lenz and Jedi.

"Ah, there are you are, guys!" James shouted over the chaos of the world falling apart around him. "Good timing, too! We don't know how to get away from here!"

"I knew I shouldn't have come here!" Lenz wailed.

"The world's gonna end in fifteen minutes!" Jedi yelled, panicked. "What do we do?!"

Ein huffed. "I don't see why you're all making a big deal of this," he muttered. "We're fine."

"Calm down, we'll figure out a way to get you all off," Doku said, although he was trying to hide the panic in his voice. "But first, we must transform!"

"Right!" Boron agreed. "FOLGORE YELLOW -- SCIENCE MAJOR POWERS!"

"FOLGORE RED -- RAISING CHILDREN POWER!"

"Now get us away from here!" Jedi and Lenz said in unison.

"Right ... right ... how?" Doku thought frantically, trying to figure out a way off the world that was slowly being destroyed. Eliedon held no power over the location they were in; he could teleport people to it, but not off it. It would take too long for them to travel to the proper portal off the crumbling dimension.

"Ten minutes left," James warned. "Red, we have to get off this world, now."

"I know! I know that!" Doku cried. "I'm thinking!"

"Quick! We must combine our powers!" Boron yelled.

"Use the power of educating children with science?" Red asked.

"Yeah ... that's a bad idea," Boron mumbled, trying to avoid the exasperated stares she was getting from the others. Even Ein broke his nonchalant expression for once. "Uhm ... wait!" she exclaimed. "Red, you have the power to Warp!"

Doku raised his right arm into the air and a Warp staff materialized into his hand. "Yeah, I can!"

"Then ... you can just Warp us all off this place!" Jedi said. "That's great!"

"But how will I get away from here? I can't Warp myself!" Doku moaned.

"You have Rewarp!" Boron reminded him. "It'll still work out!"

Lenz tapped both Folgores on the shoulder. "Five minutes ..."

"I know, let me just ... concentrate my strength ..." Doku closed his eyes and focused his energy into the Warp staff, giving it power. "Yes, I can do this now! Ein, off to Serenes Forest you go!"

"... What?" Ein merely blinked, but with a glow of the Warp staff he was gone.

"There!" Doku sighed. "This is going to tire me ... using so much power at once like this is something I'd rather not do ... but it can't be helped. Lenz, step forward!"

Lenz did so, and Doku quickly warped him away as well. Taking a minute to recover, Doku then warped Jedi to Serenes Forest next. Soon, only he, James, and Boron were left.

"Can you get all three of us all this place within one minute?" James asked.

"Of course I can! Off you go!" Doku said cheerily, warping James away. "All right, Yellow, you next!"

"Well, hurry!" Boron said, right before she was teleported away as well.

The Warp staff then crumbled to dust in Doku's hands, having worn out its charges. He took a few seconds to recover from using so much energy at once, then Doku produced his Rewarp staff. Shaking it, he waited to be teleported off the crumbling world and to Serenes Forest.

Except ... he missed.

"What!" he shouted. "What! I missed? How could ... This is NOT the time to miss!"

He tried again, and this time, was successful ... and just in time as well. Bright, white light filled his vision and fire consumed the world he was in, just as he felt the Rewarp staff pull him away from it. A few seconds passed, before he found himself making a rough landing on the outskirts of Serenes Forest. Rising to his feet, he noticed that Boron had already made it to the Forest before him -- and they were soon joined by James and Jedi who both fell from out of the sky.

"... We made it," Jedi muttered. "We're alive. We're actually alive!"

"Yeah, but ... where are Ein and Lenz?" Boron asked.

"I couldn't save them ..." Doku let himself fall back and sat down on the grass. "I failed ..."

"You tried your best," James said, as he and Boron patted his shoulders.

Just then, at that very moment, Lenz appeared from out of nowhere and landed mere inches from James. Groaning, he sat up and rubbed his head. "I'm alive? Heh ... I'm alive!" he yelled.

"See? You saved Lenz," Jedi pointed out. "I'm sure Ein will get here soon enough."

As if on cue, Ein came walking out of the denser part of the Forest, from out of the trees. He had his arms crossed and the nonchalant look on his expression had not at all faltered.

"Ein made it too," Boron said. "See? You've saved us all, Red!"

"My nonchalance saved me," Ein said coolly. He did not seem like a guy who had just been present at the end of a world.

"Whew! My job is done!" Red jumped back to his feet, a happy smile on his face. "And now ... it is late. I think it's time for me to call it a night! Bye, everyone!"

"Yep, same here," James agreed. "Bye guys. Let's NOT take any more travels to worlds that are about to meet their end."

The others laughed in agreement and began heading towards their respective homes. As Doku walked away, he heard Jedi say to Lenz, "I can't believe I was a witness to the Folgores saving the world -- I'll never forget it," and he walked back home with a smile on his face the entire time.

Edited by Xin Li

I hope you plan on cleaning that shit up.

Diapers.

i learned how to be perverted

does that count

Same here.

No... D:

It does, look at all the Prissy "fanart" you've found!

It does, look at all the Prissy "fanart" you've found!

Harpoon, he wasn't saying "No," to that, he was saying no to me saying, "Folgore Yellow special power ... screwing everything up."

Harpoon, he wasn't saying "No," to that, he was saying no to me saying, "Folgore Yellow special power ... screwing everything up."

Oh yeaaahhh....

Hey wait, that was my job!

To OZ, to Oz, to OZ the Folgores go!

Boron is the living machine Tik-Tok!

Darros is the Cowardly Lion!

Banzai is the TIn man searching for his heart!One mention of Nimmie Aimmee, and I'll praise you.

Doku is Toto!

And Imp is Dorothy.Fe6

And me?

I'm the Scarecrow without a brain or a whit of wit!

To OZ, to Oz, to OZ the Folgores go!

Boron is the living machine Tik-Tok!

Darros is the Cowardly Lion!

Banzai is the TIn man searching for his heart!One mention of Nimmie Aimmee, and I'll praise you.

Doku is Toto!

And Imp is Dorothy.Fe6

And me?

I'm the Scarecrow without a brain or a whit of wit!

Haha Nostalgia with OZ as my mom used to read me those books when I was young as I was sleeping but anyways!

Who is the Wicked Witch? =P

Haha Nostalgia with OZ as my mom used to read me those books when I was young as I was sleeping but anyways!

Who is the Wicked Witch? =P

if Horita, Cam, and Zeddmare are all Winged Monkeys.............................

Perhaps Tangerine?

Well, Cams a winged monkey, Horita's Dr. Pipt, and Zeddmare is the Nome King!

Freohr is Scraps

Refa-5 is the Phonograph!

13ths is Ormy Amby/One Man Army of Oz.

PKL is the Wizard!

Integriman is Cap'n Bill, and Specta is Trot.

Edited by Sharpy

hmn...........................

Imp-Doku, we're back home, in Serenes!

Doku-*pant*, *pant*(And I wanted to boogie in the Emerald City more, sob)

Refa 5-You folks think I enjoy'd being a Phonograph?

Darros-C-C-Cut it out gaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwweeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyys.

Banzai-I think I just broke my heart.

Harpoon, not again, here, I'll get the duck tape..........

Err, why do we keep getting thrown into roles existing in other universes, Sharpy? Half of the fun of the Folgore Rangers thing is to break conventions and tropes if we see fit. :P:

Edited by Xin Li

Grimdark Folgores

So it's scary stuff? Aw man, I'm a little wussy when it comes to scary things. cry.gif

I'll break all the conventions and tropes with my upcoming Grimdark Folgores

Coming soon to a theatre near you

We know of the cloned Green and Blue Folgores! But the others... Red cannot have been cloned. Inconciefathomable!

I actually like Ruto though. :/

Anyway, what's up with this undead apocalypse thinger we have goin' on?