FOLGORE RANGERS ROLL CALL

MacLovin

Moved from its original location due to formatting erros.

Doku and 13th stared blankly at the two denizens, but Imp shrieked and immediately threw herself at them both. "Kiku! RaveMaster! It's been too long!"

"I know, Imp," Kiku said as he returned the hug. "How have you been?"

"Oh, it's been so busy lately ... you know, being on duty as a Folgore Ranger and all --"

"I hate to interrupt," Doku spoke up just then, "but you know them, Imp?"

"Of course!" she replied. "Kiku is my longtime friend, and RaveMaster helped us out once -- me, Boron, Darros, Harpoon, and Banzai."

"Indeed." RaveMaster gave a slight nod. "That was great work we did, Imp. It's nice to see you again."

"Well of course!" Imp giggled.

"Wait, I'm confused. When was this, and why wasn't I there?"

"This doesn't matter right now," 13th cut in. "RaveMaster ... was it? You said that you and your friend could help us defeat Horita?"

RaveMaster's expression instantly turned stony. "Yes, we can. There's no way that the three of you alone can fight against him without the other Folgores. His power is too great."

"But the five of us could take him on?" Doku crossed his arms. "I don't know ..."

"You're correct, Horita is far stronger than the both of us as well," Kiku agreed. "But he has not yet seen what RaveMaster and I are capable of."

"We have the element of surprise." RaveMaster drew his sword from the scabbard that hung at his side. "With my sword, the Blade of Cymru, and Kiku's magic, we will give him our all. Even if we cannot overpower him, we can at least distract Horita long enough for you three to take him down."

"But ..." Imp wasn't convinced. "That's too risky ..."

"I know, I know," Kiku said. "Still, we can't let you three go off by yourselves. You'll certainly be obliterated."

Doku sighed. "As much as I don't want to get anyone else involved in this ... you're right. We do need the help. But don't worry! I am your fearless leader and I won't let anything happen to you!" He laughed. "Now ... if we're going to stop Horita, we have to figure out where his base is. It's super secret!"

13th gave his leader an exasperated look. "It's called the Buttlair and it's on the moon."

"But how are we supposed to get to the moon?" Imp asked.

"We don't need to go to the moon," RaveMaster brought up. "Camdar has Folgore Red's communicator, right? If we can lock onto its signal, then we can stop Camdar before he ever leaves Serenes Forest."

"That's a great idea!" Imp exclaimed. "13th and I can use ours to track down Red's! And then we'll know where Camdar is!"

"Got him," 13th said. "And we're in luck -- he's only a few blocks away from here."

"We can catch up to him easily if we hurry," Kiku spoke up.

"Then why are we standing around here? Let's go!" Doku yelled. "Come on, team! Move out!"

-

"So ... I've been meaning to ask," Imp began, as they rushed to catch up with Camdar, "what is it that you two do?"

"And why do you have those communicator things?" 13th pointed at the devices wrapped around RaveMaster's and Kiku's wrists. "I thought only the Folgore Rangers had those."

"They really do look similar to ours," Doku observed. "Except for a few minor differences in design."

"Well, there's a reason for that," RaveMaster answered. "Professor PicKLe made these for Kiku and me after he went to work for Eliedon. Along with ... various other tools of the trade."

"PKL, I should've known," Doku muttered, jumping over a pothole in the sidewalk. "He's always inventing one thing or another."

"But what exactly is your trade?" 13th asked. "What exactly are these 'tools' that PKL invented for you two?"

"Well ... if there's an incident in Serenes Forest, then we ... take care of it," Kiku said carefully. "I suppose you can say that we're vigilantes."

RaveMaster ducked under a tree branch. "You guys have enough to worry about, with Horita and Zeddmare trying to destroy Serenes Forest. We can handle the little things."

Imp nodded. "So you're both defenders of this city."

"That's exactly it," RaveMaster said. "Kiku and I are a team. We watch over Serenes Forest the way that only we can."

"I'm assuming that you both knew PKL back in the early days, before Eliedon hired him, right?" 13th asked.

"Yeah, we kept touch with him afterwards. He would ask Kiku and me to test some of his inventions for him."

"That sounds just like him --"

"Guys! I see Camdar!" Imp cried out. "He's just straight ahead of us!"

"Don't let him out of your sights!" Doku yelled. "Get him!"

Camdar had been walking down the sidewalk, minding his own business and grumbling at the numerous grocery bags blocking his vision, when he heard a multitude of shouts behind him. At first, he tried to ignore it, but they only seemed to get louder. When he finally turned around he saw Doku, Imp, 13th, and two people he didn't recognize charging straight at him.

A denizen named Naglfar watched from his vantage point atop a random tree as Camdar fled from his pursuers, his purchases still in his arms. Packages spilled out from the grocery bags as he ran away. Doku and his companions followed him, paying no heed to the mess Camdar was creating.

Ein, another Serenes Forest denizen, stood nonchalantly without a care in the world as he observed Camdar turn the tables on the Folgores and their allies. The villain pulled out a laser cannon from seemingly out of nowhere and went after his enemies, chasing them in the opposite direction as the laser tore up the sidewalk.

Not even a minute later, Camdar tripped over the foot of denizen Stolypin -- making him drop his cannon. However, by that point, the others had already outrun him and were out of sight. Camdar took the opportunity to gather up the packages he had dropped, retrieve the rest of his groceries, and flee.

About two minutes of running had gone by before Imp noticed that Camdar was no longer after them and stopped the guys. The five gasped for breath and struggled to regain their composure.

"Curse you, Camdar," Doku huffed. "Curse you and your laser cannon!"

"Where does he keep that thing anyway?" RaveMaster wondered out loud.

"I think it's better if we don't know," Kiku said.

"This is bad. We've lost him now for sure," 13th pointed out. "Who knows how far he's gotten?"

"He's probably on his way to the Buttlair now," Kiku muttered.

"No ... we can't let him take Doku's communicator to Horita," Imp moaned. "It'll be the end of us all ..."

"Then it's settled." RaveMaster crossed his arms. "We have to go to the moon and stop him there."

"And how are we supposed to do that?" 13th deadpanned. "We can't pull out a rocket out of thin air."

"Fear not, for I have an excellent idea!" Doku crowed. "Imp, 13th! It's cursin' time! FOLGORE RED -- STAFFING POWER!"

"FOLGORE PINK -- FANFICTION POWER!"

"FOLGORE WHITE -- DRAFTING BACKLOG POWER!"

"Okay! Everyone, are you ready?" Doku was practically hopping up and down. "I know what to do!"

"Yeah ... I guess?" Imp shrugged.

"Ready for what?" Kiku asked.

"Why don't you tell us what your 'excellent idea' is first?" RaveMaster asked. "Care to elaborate?"

"It's quite simple, really. I have ... Warp Powers!" Doku produced a Warp staff from behind his back. "I'll just warp us all to the Buttlair! Easy, right?"

13th blinked. "That's ... surprisingly brilliant."

"You can't Warp yourself," RaveMaster said.

Doku held up another staff and waved it around. "Rewarp!"

"... I stand corrected, them."

"This just might work!" Imp clapped her hands. "Let's kick Camdar's butt!"

"Are you sure you can warp us to the right location?" 13th asked. He had good reason to be skeptical -- their self-proclaimed leader was not known for his sense of direction.

"Nope!" Doku exclaimed cheerfully as he warped Imp, 13th, and Kiku away. "All right, RaveMaster! Your turn!"

"Now wait just a minute --"

But before he could finish his protest, Doku had already warped him away. Dissipating the Warp staff, Doku held up Rewarp and shouted, "Cursing everything power!" Then, he warped himself to the others' location.

Edited by Seoyeon

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently working on my story. Between college registration (I got accepted though, whee~) and overall procrastination, it's barely getting done, but it is coming along! And it will be awesome. Hopefully. I should have a teaser prepared soon. Like, tonight soon if I don't get distracted by pchat and whatever else.

Teaser finished! This one is going to be different from what I normally write. Lots of stuff happening here! It is an Avengers/FR crossover. I had a dream about it a looooong time ago, so I decided "hey, why not?" If you haven't seen the movie, then don't worry, I'm not going to spoil it. There will be a few references to it, but key plot points won't be discussed, I promise.

"Something's coming." Zeddmare mumbled to himself as he walked the halls of the buttlair. It was a presence so enormous, it rivaled even his own. Naturally, it unnerved him slightly, but his cool exterior hid any traces of what he was feeling. He didn't even know why he felt that way. Horita was still really mad at Camdar for once again accidentally ruining his drafting papers, but a spat between them was common; that wasn't causing it. Suddenly, there was a huge explosion and something broke into the buttlair. Emergency force-fields sealed the barrier so they weren't venting atmosphere. Zeddmare could barely get a look at the thing that made it inside, because it immediately started attacking him, firing off shots of bright blue energy. Zeddmare was thrown back, but he got up quickly.

"So, you were the one that I was sensing." Zeddmare's voice was unwavering. "You shouldn't have come here."

"I do what I want." The person replied. Zeddmare could tell that the person in his presence was a male, kind of young, with an accent. There was still too much dust for Zeddmare to see him however. More shots came from the dust and Zeddmare dodged them all this time. When that barrage was over, Camdar, followed by Horita's generic paper-thin soldiers arrived.

"Everyone, attack!" Camdar ordered, The paper-thin soldiers, however, went after Zeddmare, Camdar and the intruder. "No you idiots, don't attack Zeddmare and me! Attack the intruder!" Then the small task force went after the intruder. They all went into the dust cloud, but they didn't come back out. At this point, the dust had cleared. Zeddmare and Camdar could see that the man was tall, just as tall as Zeddmare, and he was clothed in green, black, and gold. He had jet-black hair and blue eyes. He tried to rush Zeddmare, but he held out his palm, and a quick pulse blasted from it. The intruder stopped in his tracks, paralyzed.

"I said that you shouldn't have come here." Zeddmare said as he sized up the person before him. "What is your name?" The intruder stayed silent. "I didn't paralyze your mouth, so you can talk." The intruder still stayed silent. Zeddmare snapped his fingers and the hold was taken off.

"You are pretty strong...although, I would have broken that hold if you kept it up a little longer, you pathetic creature." He spat. Zeddmare just stood there. "Still, you have potential. Someone like you must have a lot of enemies, yes?" Zeddmare's stone face cracked a little, and the corners of his lips curled down. "I can see it written all over your face...I, too, have enemies. However, you and I...together we could completely change their miserable lives. What do you say? I, Loki Laufeyson, will make it worth your while." Loki said. Zeddmare started pacing around, slowly, elegantly. It was a few minutes before he spoke again.

"You broke in here, killed my generic, paper-thin soldiers, insult me, and then ask me to join your side? And you expect me to agree? Surely you have some other plan to persuade me to your side, because as it stands right now, I'm not buying." Zeddmare replied. He was drumming his fingers against his adjacent arm. Loki smiled before striding over to Camdar. He flipped his golden scepter around in his hand, before touching the tip of it to Camdar's heart.

"As incompetent as you are, you have a heart for your duty. There is a passion inside it that's covered by some clutter...let's make you passionate about your work, shall we?" He said. Camdar's eyes turned completely black, then turned to the same blue as the gem in the middle of the scepter.

"What did you do to Camdar?" Zeddmare asked.

"Camdar? I am Ramdac." Ramdac said, before kneeling to Zeddmare. "I live only to serve you, milord. Tell me to do anything and I shall do it." He saw the mess everywhere and the remaining paper-thin soldiers. "You all! Soldiers! clean up this mess at once!" He commanded, and they did what they were told. He then started to clean up what the soldiers missed, without tripping, bumping into anything, or missing a spot. He then departed, with Zeddmare standing there in shock and awe.

"...Alright, I'm convinced. I'll help you, Loki." Zeddmare said, holding out his hand so Loki could shake it. Loki took it and they shook; mischievous grins spreading across both of their faces.

trying to find a point where i can enter without anything negative reprocusions. failing miserably......................................................wait FUCK

0.jpg

Edited by dandragon01

Next chapter! I apologize, but this one is mostly dialogue, to just set up the meeting of the Folgores and the Avengers.

There's also minor spoilers for the ending of Thor in here, so if you haven't seen it yet but plan to, go watch it right now what are you waiting for skip Thor's dialogue when he replies to Boron. you can't miss his text; it's all caps.

I promise that there will be loads more action in the next chapter.

It was a typical day in the city of Serenesforest. The Folgore Rangers were doing their normal stuff in Impy's secret hidden wine cellar that was located under her house's mysterious vanishing garage and stellar observatory. Impy however, had her face pressed to the glass of a window that had a clear view of the front door, waiting for something. A postman showed up. He looked a little nervous, and held onto his package for dear life.

"MY JOTARO FIGURE IS HEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEE!!!" Impy screeched, before running off.

"I really hope that he doesn't drop that package." Bonsai said, while reading the Old English version of Beowulf, "Remember what happened the last time a mailman dropped her Jotaro figure?" He asked. Everyone in the room winced.

"Isn't that postman still in the hospital? With severe injuries to his everything?" Darros asked, shuddering at the thought.

"Maybe I should give this postman a boost in luck so he doesn't drop the package?" Harpoon asked. They heard something fall outside, followed by a tense silence.

"Oh god, he dropped it." Boron said, facepalming. "Come on, let's get out there and stop Impy from going Super Saiyan...again..." They all ran out top-speed, just in time to prevent Impy from yet again going Super Saiyan and beating up the innocent man.

"COME ON! LET ME AT HIM! HE DROPPED MY JOTARO FIGURE AND HE MUST SUFFER FOR THIS COME ON! ONE PUNCH? PLEASE! LET ME GO BONSAI!!!" Impy screamed as Bonsai literally dragged her kicking and screaming inside. 13th picked up the package and headed in.

"I apologize for her behavior." Doku said, with a quick bow. "She gets like that whenever someone drops her Jojo stuff. She's like mama bear. It's scary..." He trailed off. Boron dragged him inside before he could make Impy look worse. Inside, Impy was already playing with her new figure, when Doku's wristwatch started beeping. It was an emergency call from Eliedon. "Come on Rangers, Eliedon's calling us!" They had to once again drag Impy up the stairs to her attic. Refa-5 was already there, waiting for them.

"Rangers, I believe that this is going to be your most important mission yet." Eliedon said. He sounded grave. The tone of his voice was enough to tear Bonsai's eyes away from his book, and to make Impy devote all of her attention away from her figure and to her leader. "I have heard disturbing reports that Zeddmare has teamed up with someone new, more powerful than anything that I've trained you for."

"To be fair, you haven't trained us at all." 13th noted.

"SILENCE! Folgores, this is serious. The reports aren't confirmed yet, but early this morning, there were some strange sightings reported all over the world, each sighting getting closer to our city. It's logical to conclude that whatever is headed this way, is coming with a vengeance. I say that this matter is serious because there was a trail of destruction left in the wake of this...thing. There have even been some casualties. We must defend Serenesforest and end this threat so nobody else will get hurt." Eliedon explained. All of the Folgores were stunned into silence. In all of their time together, they had never encountered someone that actually killed. Not even Horita or Zeddmare were capable of doing such an unspeakable thing. Nobody knew what to say. They all just stood there, silently mourning, until someone kicked down the door. He was a tall man with dark skin, wearing all black. He had an eyepatch over his right eye.

"Now that you're aware of the threat, it's about time we go to take him down." He said.

"Who the heck are you? And how did you find the location of our hideout?" Doku asked, stepping forward to protect the rest of the Rangers from this guy.

"My name is Director Nick Fury, and I work for an organization called S.H.I.E.L.D. We already know everything about you, Rangers, and the reason why we're here, is to protect your city and catch the target that you all just heard about." Fury replied. "Our members of the Avengers Initiate are already on our way to your house-"

"OHMYGODTHORISGONNABEATMYHOUSEANDIDON'THAVEANYPOPTARTSIHAVETOGOTOTHESTOREBYE!!!" Impy shouted as she ran out of her attic.

"...What the hell is wrong with her?" Nick asked. Everyone chuckled and shrugged. Impy ran outside and wasn't paying attention to where she was going, and ran straight into Thor, and was knocked out cold.

A few minutes later, The Avengers had all assembled in Impy's attic. Impy was carried in and put in a chair, but she was still out cold. Everyone was sitting around, getting briefed on the mission. Nick had set up some screens for everyone to look at, which were blocking Eliedon's giant floating head, and that was annoying him.

"Uhh director? Putting those things in front of me makes it hard to see..." He said. Nick sighed and moved the screens out of the way. Images of Loki popped up on the screen.

"Rangers, this is our target. You may or may not already know his name, but it's Loki. He is a major threat. I repeat, he is a major threat. We still don't know exactly what he's doing here, in your city, but he is, and we have to deal with him." He said. Everyone still sat in silence. The Avengers were being respectful to the Rangers because they were already briefed on the situation, but Tony looked absolutely bored. He was playing around on his phone and not paying attention to the conversation at all. Eventually, Boron spoke.

"I think I know why Loki is here." She said. Everyone looked at her. "Think about it guys. Serenesforest is a pretty quiet place. Even if it was a little more bustling, we have nothing here that Loki could even want. It's safe to say that Horita and Zeddmare are behind this. They probably sent Loki here to deal with us since they were tired of getting defeated. Although, we would need to find out how Loki even found them in the first place, since the buttlair is in space..." She added. Thor spoke up.

"I BELIEVE I HAVE AN EXPLANATION FOR THAT. SOME MOONS AGO, I DESTROYED THE BIFROST, A DEVICE THAT CONNECTED MY WORLD, ASGARD, TO THE OTHER REALMS. LOKI WAS CAUGHT IN THE DESTRUCTION AND DRIFTED OFF INTO SPACE. IT IS POSSIBLE HE SOMEHOW WAS ABLE TO STUMBLE UPON THIS LAIR OF BUTTS OF WHICH YOU SPEAK." Harpoon immediately started laughing when Thor said 'lair of butts'. He had to stifle his laughter so he didn't look rude. Tony put his phone away.

"So you're saying that your city already has a threat of its own? Where are the defenses for it? You know, armored tanks, weapons that you designed yourself, self-sustaining power sources so you can power all of these things in case of an attack?" He asked.

"I think you're giving Horita and Zeddmare a bit too much credit. Generally all what we need to fight them is ourselves." Boron replied. Tony was silent, but he had a questioning look on his face.

"Now, I know that you guys are in a large group. You probably aren't going to get along. Now, I suggest that you get your acts together long enough to neutralize the threat. The last thing we need, is for your asses to get handed to you on the battlefield, just because you had a dispute over who has the better toy. Got it?" Nick asked, before taking down the screens and leaving.

"We should introduce ourselves! I'm Doku, the leader. She's Boron, our science expert. He's 13th, our resident horrible driver. He's Bonsai, our English major. He's Harpoon, our resident laws of probability shifter. He's Darros, our resident namechanger, and the one sleeping in the chair over there is Impy. She's our...fangirl." Doku said. Now that the Folgores were established, Steve looked over at Folgore Red.

"You let children fight in your cause?" He asked, clearly disapproving of the situation.

"What children? I'm not old!!" Doku replied, but he was clearly confused. Steve motioned over to Impy. "Oh, Impy? She's not a kid. She's actually 18. I know that she looks young, but that doesn't make me old!"

"They make 'em smaller and smaller." Steve said, as he thought back to when he was young and in the army, before he was turned into a super soldier. "Anyway, we should go scouting to see if we could find Loki anywhere, or any clues to his whereabouts." He said, heading for the door.

"Well, we should wait for Impy. She's kind of crazy, but she is just as valuable on our team as everyone else is. We can't just go off without her!" Darros protested, as Hawkeye went over to her.

"She's holding something in her hand. Come to think about it, I saw her holding this when she ran into Thor. It looks like a toy though, so why is she holding it?" He said, reaching for the Jotaro figure in her hand.

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!" All of the Folgores shouted in unison, except for Bonsai, who was already charging up a text wall to shield Hawkeye from the impending strike. It was too late, however, for Hawkeye to retract his hand. Impy's hand twitched and she woke up, instinctively taking a swing.

"...And THAT'S why I'm an English major!" Bonsai said, and the text wall appeared between Hawkeye and Impy, causing Impy to smash her hand on the wall and freak out.

"...And now you know why I said that she was kind of crazy." Darros said to Steve. "I think we should head out now before anyone gets hurt." He added.

"I think that's a good idea." Bruce piped up from out of nowhere. "I'm not one for crammed spaces with a lot of people inside." It was clear that he was a little uncomfortable with everyone around. Everyone filed out of Impy's attic, and outside, where a S.H.I.E.L.D. van was waiting for them, and so was Nick.

"That took you longer than I had expected." Nick said, before another operative came out of the van, carrying two suitcases. He gave one to Tony and the other to Steve. "Here's your stuff, in case you need it. We'll be patrolling around, so if we get sight of the target, we'll let you know." He said, before getting in the van and driving off.

"All right, I think we should pair off. One Avenger and one Folgore. That way, we can cover as much ground in Serenes as we can, and the Folgores will tell us where to go since they know this place better." Steve said, and they all paired off. Doku and Steve, Bonzai and Natasha, Boron and Tony, Harpoon and Bruce, Impy and Thor, Darros and Hawkeye, and 13th and Refa-5.

"Aww, I wanted to go with one of the Avengers." 13th said dejectedly.

"I'm sure you'll get your chance, son." Steve said, putting a reassuring hand on his shoulder. He nodded to everyone, and they all went off in different directions.

She seems to refer to him as both Bonsai and Banzai. It's an inconsistency! Only in the Folgore Rangers. XD

• 2 weeks later...

Let's just hope that Folgore Rangers mafia (whenever the heck it goes up) will maybe bring this thing back to life a little. >_<

The second page? Never!

In the City of Serenes, all was well. Horita hadn't attacked for a couple of days, leaving the Folgore's to do what they usually did.

The young Timp was in Serenes Highstreet, shopping with Boron. Normally she would have gone with Integrigirl, but she was busy tending to the Integrichickens.

"I don't know why you brought me along." Boron sighed. She didn't mind spending time with her friend, but shopping wasn't exactly her thing. "There's just not much I see worth buying."

"Boron, you know I couldn't take any of the others." Timp whined, the disaster which was taking Doku shopping was still clear in her mind. "Banzai only likes books, Darros has school work and Esme's got work to do too."

"Ah I see." Boron replied. "How about Refa-5?"

Timp's face gave Boron her answer immediately. Refa-5 was crude and disgusting at the best of times, she'd hate to think how he behaved in public. Their shopping spree would have to wait, both their watches began beeping. Much to their surprise, they heard the voice of Refa-5... instead of their Monolithic Monocled leader!

"Folgores, this is Refa-5. There's a job of utmost importance! We need your help, desperately!"

The two knew what they had to do, they had to get there at some point before the next scene. Hurrying to the Folgorelair, they could only imagine what their mission was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in Other Country, Harpoon was up to things himself. Still connected to the Cursing Grid, he had access to his powers.. but he needed a new persona whilst he was in Other Country.

"Hm... I better think of a costume..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

With the rangers assembled, Refa-5 could explain the situation.

"Rangers, I desperately need your help on this one. I need you guys to return this fine literature to a store. I would go myself, but the forces of evil would probably intervene... yaranaika!" Refa cried, his exhaust pipes belching out a foul smelling green gas.

Doku wasn't pleased, in fact he was enraged. He bared his teeth, hardly able to accept the item in front of him.

"Refa-5! What do you call this! How dare you bring such an item in front of their young eyes!"

He raised his fist, but Banzai held it back, shaking his head. Banzai had managed to deduce Refa-5's trainwreck of thought.

"This? It's as much literature as the Harry Potter series. You owe them money, so you're too cowardly to go for yourself... you were too easy to figure out, especially for an English Major." Banzai boasted. Doku and Boron were amazed, it all made sense... and it was definitely something Refa-5 would be capable of.

The younger members didn't quite understand the situation, Doku had refused to let them see it. Esme was overjoyed, his first mission with the Folgore Rangers was about to begin. What peril would they face? Would he get to fight Horita? Only time could tell, and its answer was probably not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Camdar! You fool!" Horita bellowed. "You ordered the wrong book! I said I wanted some CORNography!"

Camdar had failed as usual, running to his master, he cried as he awaited his punishment. He had only just recovered from the beating he received from the young Timp, his health plan couldn't cover much more.

"I need you to return this trash! Mr Lightlisneeze's dental bills set us back this month, we need to get a refund! Now!" Horita screamed, foam escaping from his ears...

We need a new story, and I'm feeling uninspired on my current one starring Folgores Red, Pink, and White along with Ravemaster. So ... here's another one.

What had started as an ordinary day in Serenes Forest was quickly turning out to be one of the strangest nights ever.

Darros, Boron, and ZM had been at the Fourth Forum Square Park with several SF denizens -- including Zak (who was for once not in the company of Marth), Ein, and Freohr. The moderator Charlie, one of Tangerine's assistants in keeping order in Serenes Forest, seemed to be particularly annoyed that day. A certain SF denizen had recently gone on a rampant vandalizing spree, marking all of the buildings in the outskirts of Serenes Forest purple and being an annoyance to the other denizens. Tangerine had called a meeting with her moderators to discuss how to deal with said troublemaking denizen. In the end, they decided to banish her from Serenes Forest. Now, the moderators had to clean up her mess.

"I see you guys finally banned her," Freohr said to Charlie as he hosed down purple paint from the side of a building. "Why did she do all this?"

Zak rolled his eyes. "Because she's insane, that's why," he snapped.

"Oh please." Ein was unimpressed. "I've seen worse."

"Was she always this crazy?" Boron asked.

"She's always had her unique way of ... speaking, that's for sure," Charlie grumbled. "As well as a fascination with purple."

"But she wasn't like this when she first came here," Darros added. "This was strange, even for her."

"Maybe she wanted to be banned, you know?" Freohr suggested.

"Then why couldn't she have just left on her own --"

"Hey, Charlie," came a voice from behind them. Approaching them from the east were Sirius -- a fellow moderator -- and denizens Rei, Luxe, and BLS.

"Sirius, I'm kind of surprised to see you here," Charlie said, nodding in acknowledgement to the other three. "You're already done?"

"Actually ... we might have a slight problem." Sirius then turned to Rei. "Okay ... tell him exactly what you told me."

He shrugged. "I saw some girl running around the Outskirts, waving around a can of purple spray paint and yelling some really strange things."

Charlie seemed to pale slightly, not that it was noticeable to anyone but Sirius. "What, exactly, was she saying, do you know?"

"I heard it too, and it was definitely her," Luxe jumped in. " 'Fellow human being self' and that really strange laugh I can't even begin to imitate."

"That's definitely what I heard," Rei confirmed.

"Didn't you guys banish her or something?" BLS asked. "How'd she get back here?"

As their fellow denizens and the two moderators discussed the situation at hand, the three Folgores turned to each other and began talking amongst themselves as well.

"You don't think she has a power ... do you?" ZM asked.

"I hope not," Darros muttered. "Even if she's banished from Serenes Forest ... she could cause a lot of mayhem with a power. If only we know what it was, though."

"Well, I'm not sure if it's our place to do anything about it." Boron shrugged. "She's being a nuisance, but not a threat."

Darros nodded. "I agree. This is a job for the moderators, unless it gets dangerous."

"Right ..." ZM said. "I just hope it doesn't turn out to be anything serious."

Just then, Charlie let out a loud curse. "All of you, stay here," he ordered. "I'll be right back." And without further explanation, he drew a plasma gun from his holster and took off running.

"Hey, where's he going?" Freohr wondered out loud.

"Who cares?" Ein looked bored. "It's his business."

"Could it have to do with that shouting machine I saw earlier?" Rei shrugged. "He didn't seem too happy to hear about her. What'd she do anyway?"

Immediately, everyone began speaking at once. From Zak's "You've never heard of her?" to BLS's, "She's ... well, definitely unique, that's what she is," and Freohr's, "I think she was annoying the other people here," it was difficult for Rei to get a straight answer.

"She's a former denizen of the Forest who had recently gone on a vandalizing spree," Sirius answered at last, his voice overpowering the others' chatters. "We banished her earlier today, but if what you and Luxe are saying is true then she has somehow come back."

"You don't think she's one of the few denizens with powers, do you?" ZM asked. It was no secret in Serenes Forest that a select few denizens were capable of extraordinary feats, and therefore not a problem discussing its likelihood in front of everyone.

"... I sincerely hope not. The last time we had to banish someone with powers ..." Sirius grimaced. "It was not pretty, let's leave it at that."

"Wait a minute ..." Boron pointed at something in the distance. "Is that what I think it is?"

The others turned to look, but only a few of them had glimpsed what she had been referring to before a fired plasma beam destroyed it instantly. Charlie returned to the group, looking extremely exhausted and irritated.

"I didn't get to see what it was, Charlie blew it up," Darros complained. "Thanks a lot, moderator guy."

"No one cares," Ein said.

"Hey, I want to know," Zak growled.

"Er, Charlie, wasn't that ..."

"Yes, Luxe, it was," Charlie interrupted, recharging his plasma gun and firing at something behind Sirius. The others spun around and caught sight of a humanoid figure flailing its arms and melting to the ground as it was hit by the laser beam. All that remained of it was a puddle of purple goo and a can of spray paint.

Sirius sighed. "I was afraid of this."

"What's going on?" Freohr asked.

"I don't know why, or how, but it appears as if we have a big problem at hand." Charlie paused for a brief moment, then he dropped the bomb. "Goldie's back."

Edited by Xin Li