Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh why is everyone trying to drop hints about their role.

That's what I'd like to know. Like, it's not the best of ideas, fyi. Unless you're going for fakeclaims, although given the nature of the game, there could be non-standard roles present that you can't account for. I dunno, that some thoughts. I don't think that fakeclaiming is a strong strat in this game, imo.

That's what I'd like to know. Like, it's not the best of ideas, fyi. Unless you're going for fakeclaims, although given the nature of the game, there could be non-standard roles present that you can't account for. I dunno, that some thoughts. I don't think that fakeclaiming is a strong strat in this game, imo.

Well, it depends on what you're trying to do. Faking a power role might be a good idea if your role wasn't actually all that good, or if you had a role that could benefit from being targeted, or something like that. Of course, it could also backfire, if you just ended up roleblocked all game or got lynched for being untruthful. But just saying, "Oh, my role is kinda notable" when not much good can come of it seems like it's likely to be a bad idea, at least when people aren't thinking about it much.

Well, it depends on what you're trying to do. Faking a power role might be a good idea if your role wasn't actually all that good, or if you had a role that could benefit from being targeted, or something like that. Of course, it could also backfire, if you just ended up roleblocked all game or got lynched for being untruthful. But just saying, "Oh, my role is kinda notable" when not much good can come of it seems like it's likely to be a bad idea, at least when people aren't thinking about it much.

Also note that we got Djinn's this game, which give an additional power at most every other phase. You could fakeclaim pretty much anything you want, as well. So really, claiming in this game, imo, is not very strong at all.

On the roleblock note, if you don't have an active ability, you could draw the roleblocker on to you instead of a power role if your fakeclaim is good enough. Hmm. :/

Djinn can't be used concurrently with role abilities, according to the rules

I am: a character from Golden Sun

I have: a djinn of the Venus, Mars, Jupiter, or Mercury elements

Djinn can't be used concurrently with role abilities, according to the rules

I am: a character from Golden Sun

I have: a djinn of the Venus, Mars, Jupiter, or Mercury elements

Dude no way. I am totally CCing that shit. Your bluff has been called, bitch.

On a more serious note, anyone have any plans they would like to share aside from "pressure voting" on a NL phase? Or are we just gonna flander about D1/N1/C1 as per the norm?

Very funny.

Because I can look pseudo-town and hide my scummyness with that, I think.

wait

Dude no way. I am totally CCing that shit. Your bluff has been called, bitch.

On a more serious note, anyone have any plans they would like to share aside from "pressure voting" on a NL phase? Or are we just gonna flander about D1/N1/C1 as per the norm?

Well, do you have a better idea? I'm gonna bug people to talk as much as possible, and do the same myself, so we can at least look for scumslips, but besides that? I don't think there's a whole lot to do.

Well, do you have a better idea? I'm gonna bug people to talk as much as possible, and do the same myself, so we can at least look for scumslips, but besides that? I don't think there's a whole lot to do.

At the moment, no I don't. I wasn't calling it out so much as asking if anyone had an alternative course of action, I apologize if my tone implied as such.

At the moment, no I don't. I wasn't calling it out so much as asking if anyone had an alternative course of action, I apologize if my tone implied as such.

Understandable.

Rapier, mind giving us a less sarcastic explanation of your actions? Were you just trying to talk about something?

Very funny.

Because it is obviously such a great idea. In fact, why don't we all just go ahead and claim? I don't see why everyone doesn't just go ahead and claim as soon as the game starts (except in situations where rules prevent it). Eh, for real though, maybe its to seem like they're giving input or giving away info, being helpful, idk.

This comment seems strange. I feel like at this point, no one should know enough about set up or roles as to make a guess about the effectiveness of fake claiming. Especially considering fake claiming is more dependent on the individual's role than anything else usually. Well, the rule about no quoting has a large effect on it, but doesn't really have to do with effectiveness per say.

Also note that we got Djinn's this game, which give an additional power at most every other phase. You could fakeclaim pretty much anything you want, as well. So really, claiming in this game, imo, is not very strong at all.

On the roleblock note, if you don't have an active ability, you could draw the roleblocker on to you instead of a power role if your fakeclaim is good enough. Hmm. :/

I think alternate would be a better word than additional here. And I don't really think that has anything to do with claiming. In the terms of an individual claim (and mass claim if the game ever got to that), it would probably be best to claim both your own ability and Djinn ability. Otherwise it would be like you are hiding something or trying to switch out one ability for the other, etc, etc, whatever else speculation can happen and of course there could be support for not sharing Djinn ability similar to games with items, so as we don't expose all of our available tools. So I would have to disagree with you that claiming in this game is not very strong, because I don't really see how that would ever be the case because of the game. Usually role dictates how effective your claim will be.

This is a little long, sorry.

So I would have to disagree with you that claiming in this game is not very strong, because I don't really see how that would ever be the case because of the game.

Well, for example, claiming was more useful in Itemafia for the town because even if someone had a power role, you could check that they were telling the truth about as easily, but it wouldn't hinder them later on, since people would just get new items. I'm not sure it applies to this game, or why Manix thought that was the case, but I wouldn't say the mechanics of the game don't affect the usefulness of claiming.

Ok, but for Itematia there were no roles beside town, thief, mafia. Your item determined your role basically, and therefore your role was ever changing and vulnerable to theft. So really that would be a combo of the game set up and the roles that weren't actually roles with abilities in the standard sense. So sure, but as far as anyone knows, this game shouldn't be so extreme a case as Itemafia.

Look, someone didn't read my posts already.

(kidding)

Really, though. What is it supposed to mean when I claim my role is 'ironic?' It could mean anything when I say that. Saying my role is ironic does not

-specify whether I like my role or not,

-hint at having a night action(s) or lack of a night action(s)

-give anything away about my alignment

-even hint at what my role even IS, unless you know how to read my mind.

I don't know if Prims's post was a joke or not, but either way I'm taking it as a Freudian slip of sorts: he automatically assumed I'm town or at least not mafia, meaning he must be mafia, since how else would he know whether or not I was mafia?

(I know it was probably a joke but watch it next time)

Also I'm not taking any more folly about how what I claim is nonsense, because I actually kind of think my posts through now, sort of, and I like them to at least be acknowledged and not completely disregarded. You can disagree, but at least let me be allowed to have an opinion.

I'm directing this towards a select few players.

<3

##Unvote

Obviously I would know Levity's town, I'm the Scum Roleblocker. 8)

Seriously though, Levity and Kay are town. I disagree with Kay, though, D0 votes are a good "who would you lynch when D1 happens" map even though we aren't lynching.

##Vote Rapier

Accusing me of overreacting makes me wary, though~

It wasn't really an accusation, just a general comment. More like "Hey, calm down", not "That's scummy". Now that you bring it up, though, I'm kinda dubious. I mean, it didn't stand out as suspicious before, but it makes me wary that you didn't like me pointing it out.

I still think Prims just wants to lynch someone badly. I mean, I know I agreed to voting earlier, but after consideration, wouldn't C0's events give us more info to work with?