27 -- Hammer X-Presso Monster Coffee Skull Energy -- 4.5

28 -- Rockstar -- 2.5

29 -- Blu Lemon and Lime -- 3.5

30 -- Red Red Bull -- 3

31 -- Blue Red Bull -- 3

32 -- Silver Red Bull -- 1

33 -- Stars and Bulls -- 3

1 -- ROCKSTAR RECOVERY

Opening Thoughts: I'll admit, I've not tried this before. It seems fairly interesting, I guess.

Blurb: ROCKSTAR RECOVERY is designed for those who need a strong energy boost when it counts - plus maximum recovery and hydration, B-vitamins, caffeine, electrolytes, and ROCKSTAR's potent herbal blend are formulated to deliver that extra kick. Fully refreshing lemonade flavour made with real lemon juice*, RECOVERY is smooth, powerful and easy to drink**.

* in far smaller font somewhere else is marked 'made with 3% fruit juice.' I'm not impressed.

** It is none of these three things.

The blurb does not impress me, but it delivers the hype it needs to. Rockstar, you ought to do better. I mean... the name is ROCK STAR. Make ROCK and STARDOM involved.

Description: It's big and yellow and ugly. Something I just noticed; Energy Daily Intake thing is 1%. ... It's an energy drink. Without any energy. okay whatever

Also it has milk thistle in it.

Flavour: It's actually rather hard to drink. Small sips are pleasant enough, but in a rather dry way, with a lemony backbite. I can imagine someone liking it, but it just seems rather bitter. It's pretty weak, but I have a good resistance towards caffeine, which is bad, so all this really says is it's not overwhelming.

Overall: Recovery isn't bad, but it fails to impress. It's just kinda... eh. Rather unsatisfying, really. Props for having milkthistle, though, and I... think it's relatively healthy. Relatively.

Two and a half stars.

Edited by Furetchen

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 3 types of Rockstar Recovery, you should specify what flavour it is at the top of the post.

Also it has milk thistle in it.

If you're going to single out an ingredient you should mention what it is/does. Otherwise it's not important. Mentioning if it's carbonated or not doesn't hurt either.

I'm pretty sure I tried Recovery Lemonade before and liked it, but if you want a Lemonade energy drink look for an Amp.

Lastly, if you don't like the taste, I would recommend chugging it down without giving time to let your tongue taste much of it.

Also, you should do a review of Rockstar Rehab.

Edited by Xmas

There are 3 types of Rockstar Recovery, you should specify what flavour it is at the top of the post.

it's yellow flavour

If you're going to single out an ingredient you should mention what it is/does. Otherwise it's not important. Mentioning if it's carbonated or not doesn't hurt either.

Milk thistle is milk thistle. It has a nice name that I've always been fond of.

I'm pretty sure I tried Recovery Lemonade before and liked it, but if you want a Lemonade energy drink look for an Amp.

I don't particularly want a lemonade energy drink, honestly. Lemonade exists.

Lastly, if you don't like the taste, I would recommend chugging it down without giving time to let your tongue taste much of it.

"This energy drink tastes like well actually I just kinda chugged it and followed it down with a gallon and a half of gin"

Also, you should do a review of Rockstar Rehab.

They don't sell that down there. It apparently has coconut milk in it. That sounds utterly disgusting, so I'll get it if they start stocking it.

Anyway, heading down now, will return with something.

Got two of these bitches today! both of them are small

2 -- RED EYE PLATINUM

Opening Thoughts: You know how I'd never tried Recovery Yellow Flavour before? I'd never even NOTICED this before.

Blurb: I will attempt to recreate the font sizes as best I can.

Stimulating combination

of ginger, gotu kola, ginseng,

ginkgo biloba, guarana

and grape seed, enhanced

with green tea extract.

the perfect way to regenerate.

Also every second line is staggered in with like three tabs.

Also of note is that it claims you can drink two of them while retaining the ability to sue the company instead of the usual one.

Presentation: A green bottle with blue wrappings, speckled in black. Writing and trim is in silver, the red eye icons are in ... red. Liquid is clear.

Doesn't have milk thistle in it.

Flavour: Very simple, very drinkable, very forgettable. But in a nice way. It seemed to be more fruity than chemical, which was rather pleasant. Tastes rather like something normal people would actually drink. And yet I could actually kinda feel myself getting a little ... well, not more energised, but not less as I walked back down the road.

Overall: I approve of Red Eye platinum. It's average, in a good way, the presentation is very nice and the blurb is ridiculous. I just wish it had more... presence. But alas. The second thing I got is good as well, so I look forward to that.

I find myself wanting to push Recovery down, but I decided to move this up instead. Three and a half stars.

Edited by Furetchen

Doesn't have milk thistle in it.

Lame.

EDIT:

ginkgo biloba

my mother calls it "gingo bilbo" - like bilbo baggins

Edited by Integrity

3 -- MONSTER ENERGY EXTRA STRENGTH NITROUS TECHNOLOGY SUPER DRY

*henceforth referred to as Extra Green

Opening Thoughts: A personal favourite, and has a real kick to it. I'm looking forward to this (well kinda I mean I drank it already without really thinking about it).

Blurb: Don't let the skinny can fool you, Monster Extra Strength packs our biggest punch!

Call us crazy, but we supercharged our Monster Energy base then injected it with Nitrous Oxide for a unique texture, smooth drinkable flavour and buzz that's bigger than ever.

This is no "Whip-it" but it will whip you good...

Unleash the Nitro Beast!

I approve of this obnoxious waste of silver paint.

Presentation: Thin can (340 ml), black with green. Veiny design. Kind of ... hard to describe. Looks vaguely apocalyptic, actually. White/silver trim. Also there's a sticker covering the lid.

Only failing is that it doesn't have milk thistle in it. Incidentally, this and the Redeye were carbonated, the first one was not.

Flavour: Hard, strong, not that dry. Just plain tastes good. Would suit a beef sandwich rather admirably. Only failing is that it's small.

Overall: Extra Green is pretty damn good, like normal Green. Also like normal Green, it has a rubbish orange counterpart. But that's okay, because it tastes really fucking good. Powerful, too; I can actually kinda feel it. If anyone remembers what made me really hyperactive in one of those TU videos, it was because I drank one of these and an Extra Orange immediately beforehand, because I'm kind of stupid.

Four and a half stars.

Looks like this, because my description sucked. Also the orange one says 'Anti-Gravity'.

No, I don't know why.

red bull gives you wiiiiiiiiings? fuck that shit monster will send you into SPACE

4 -- ROCKSTAR PUNCHED

*Energy + Punch, Fruit Punch Flavour, Can We Say Punch enough fucking times

Opening Thoughts: I hate energy drinks that try and fail at being juice. This markets itself as Fruit Punch. FML.

Also, no milk thistle.

Blurb: ROCKSTAR energy drink is scientifically formulated to provide an incredible energy boost for those who lead active an exhausting lifestyles - from athletes to rock stars.

So boring. But if they'd said 'incredible energy punch' I would have probably set this thing on fire.

Presentation: The only good thing about this. Stylish black and red, with some white writing. Some star motifs and shit.

Flavour: Tastes like a cocktail made of pineapple, pear, and cheap soda water. This doesn't feel like an energy drink. Or taste like one. I'm not quivering through a caffeine hit, I'm quivering because FUCK THIS BRAND.

Overall: This looks great, which is a trap to pull you in to drinking something that tastes bad. Why am I drinking this. why do I hate myself

One star. This star is not a rock star. This star is the 'participation award' of Furetchen-hosted energy drink rating competitions.

Edited by Furetchen

Monster Energy (that's the one with ginseng in the ingredients, right?) is just mediocre due to its taste, imo. Rather metallic, but far from undrinkable. Strong B- or weak B fare liquid. ** / **** You certainly can't accuse it of failing to provide a sensation in your midsection after downing it, at least.......unless your digestive system is weird or something.

I've had better.......I personally prefer Red Bull and the Coca-Cola company's Burn.