Game screenshots & info

No. 3

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading up on our data here about the class in Gaiden, it says Demon Fighter promotes to Villager... Super-Donny anyone?

FE2 Villager also promotes to Mercenary, Soldier, Archer, Mage, or Cavalier.

I'm still betting on Demon Fighter being a single-tier class with axes and tomes. Tomes fit with the class's high magic resistance in FE2, and it's a combination we haven't seen yet. The class had swords instead of axes, but axes were basically nonexistent in FE2; the same went for Alm's Fighter class.

I've just rewatched the full class demonstration video and I don't think Alm's artwork matches up with anything else. So, yes, he probably is a demon warrior. Which means that it's a sword using class, at least. Now, I do hope they give them spell casting too, otherwise it'd need some pretty unique skills to stand out from hero and swordmaster.

Meanwhile with swords and tomes it might have trouble standing out compared to Strategist and Dark Knight. And that doesn't exactly fit with Alm.

If this class is male-only, it's a safe bet that it's male-only for a reason. The question is, why?

Meanwhile with swords and tomes it might have trouble standing out compared to Strategist and Dark Knight. And that doesn't exactly fit with Alm.

Dark Knight is mounted and Strategist is for My Unit and his children-only. I agree about it being a weird fit with Alm though, which is the main reason I guess there's a chance this might turn out to be a variation of hero specialized in killing mages.

On the other hand, "Dark" mage is a pretty weird fit for Micaiah, both visually and gameplay-wise. I'm fine with it only because the new artwork seems to give it some authenticity, but it'd just look badly done as a generic spot pass unit. So, really, it doesn't seem they're afraid to go with odd fits for the guest characters.

If this class is male-only, it's a safe bet that it's male-only for a reason. The question is, why?

Likely because a female version would need its own new 3d model too...

If this does turn out to be a sword/magic class, I guess Celica will pop up in the next batch of DLCs with her own version of the class for female units. Otherwise, if this is just an update of the original Demon fighter all the way through, I don't really know what I can expect for the girls later. Although, this class came out of nowhere, so this easily could happen again. Are there any interesting female classes that weren't unit specific that could be brought to this game?

Edited by NeonZ

I would assume they're planning on giving us a female only class later on.

About the Demon Fighter class, isn't it possible that it will have swords and bows, like Alm originally did? I really can't see him using tomes.

Then again, as I think has been pointed out, though I haven't read many of the previous posts, we don't know for sure that Alm himself is of the class. He might be a Hero or Assassin, and just happen to come in the same package as the Demon Fighter Scroll, which could potentially have any combination of weapons.

If I had to guess right now though, I'd say Alm is a Demon Fighter, and members of this class just use swords, like in Gaiden. The difference between them and the other solo-sword-wielders, Swordmasters is in their stats - Demon Fighters will have more HP and Strength but less Skill and Speed. But as I said, this is just a guess.

They won't fix the DLC in order thing because not all of them have it and NoA might not want to change the original "vision." At least that's my prediction.

That depends, since the "Spirit Talisman" chapters could put players off buying any of it altogether. Especially for the Western release if they place a more obscure Japanese only character before one known to a larger part of the Western audience.

e.g. If you'd have to buy Celice before Ike or something like that.

Edited by arvilino

He might be a Hero or Assassin, and just happen to come in the same package as the Demon Fighter Scroll, which could potentially have any combination of weapons.

His artwork doesn't match any existing class at all, so he's almost certainly a Demon Fighter. Even though Roy had some extra accessories in the artwork that aren't in the model (bandanna, cape), he's still wearing the mercenary outfit without any changes even in the artwork. Unlike Roy's outfit, Alm's armor is different from every other armor in the game at this point.

Edited by NeonZ

On the topic of DLC I wonder if the new content is already in the game's code and that the download just "unlocks" it so to speak? I guess it must be because I'd imagine downloading data for entire classes and chapters would be quite difficult. I wish 3DS encryption wasn't so difficult, it'd be interesting to see what's inside the code and maybe see what else we can expect from future DLC.

Does anybody have Miccy's new pic? oWo I wonder how she looks I really like Alm's new face he looks kawaii!

I'm really happy Miccy got her own DLC I really wanted that :^_^::newyears:

Edited by Queen_Emelina

On the topic of DLC I wonder if the new content is already in the game's code and that the download just "unlocks" it so to speak? I guess it must be because I'd imagine downloading data for entire classes and chapters would be quite difficult. I wish 3DS encryption wasn't so difficult, it'd be interesting to see what's inside the code and maybe see what else we can expect from future DLC.

It's not. The data is stored on the SD card, and the DLC was only made after the game was already in its completed form. The timeframes wouldn't work out otherwise.

Edit: In the Iwata Asks about this FE they said that the DLC was being made after the game was finished. So, yes, it shouldn't be on the disc, and the evidence so far suggests that they're speaking the truth

Besides, the DLC maps aren't big 3d models. They seems to be composed by "tiles" like in the 2d games and don't have new voice acting. Most likely, what takes up most space in the downloads is just the new/old character art, and also this upcoming new class with its own textures.The color swaps for the new unit's 3d models are most likely just new code too (determining the main color and hair style/color of each character), rather than textures.

Does anybody have Miccy's new pic? oWo I wonder how she looks I really like Alm's new face he looks kawaii!

Here's the picture by itself:

FireEmblem_DLC_04_01.jpg

Edited by NeonZ

Demon fighter seems...interesting....I assume it will be swords only with higher caps in attack and res and lower stats in speed than the sword master....the skills...I have no idea.