Game screenshots & info

No. 3

I'm only buy Marth's, Micaiahs, and Alms' DLC.

Marth because, well its Marth. And theres a huge change he'll be free for a while for the west, too.

Micaiah's because her portrait art looks exactly like the in game model and still looks nice, so I won't be expecting anything fancy. Also because Sariya kinda freaks me out.

And Alm because of his Demon Fighter class.

But really, I REALLY wanted to get Roy's, but him getting an ultra generic model isn't worth it. They could've gave him a cape and his headband. Or heck, make that mercenary class a special version that can promote to Master Lord, his actual class, and give him the correct model. But since there's no evidence of that, I'll have to skip Roy's DLC.

You're pretty much gonna have to get Roy's DLC. In order to play Micaiah's DLC chapter, you'll need to first beat Marth and Roy's chapters.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're pretty much gonna have to get Roy's DLC. In order to play Micaiah's DLC chapter, you'll need to first beat Marth and Roy's chapters.

D'OH!

Maybe I can hope that IS will send out a patch or something that changes Roy if enough people threaten them >_>

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Nintendo really does not understand DLC.

That is pretty silly. It may as well have been a combined single purchase DLC if you have to purchase the "spirit talisman" chapters in a specific order.

Edited by arvilino

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Nintendo really does not understand DLC.

This I think they should change. I'm not sure why they've made it so each Spirit Talisman requires the last in order to be played (considering it's payed content). Perhaps they're all a part of some grand sequence that (at some point) will require the units in each respective Chapter?

The King vs King set are doing well though, seeing how they're entirely stand-alone.

I'm also going to assume Eirika and Ephraim won't be in their Master Lord classes either. Actually I think Master Lord in this game would be WAY better than the Master Lord in FE8 for the twins; just my opinion because I didn't like that IS just simply stuck them each on a horse and called it a day. Here they could have them both in Master Lord class, with Eirika having a high weapon level in swords and a model based on Lucina's girl model while Ephraim has a high weapon level in Lances and a model based on Krom's. And since it looks like there are prerequisites for DLC, why not do it so like you can only purchase the Eirika and Ephraim DLC after you beat the story, so there would be no reason for IS to worry about making the story mode easier with additional Master Lords.

Though since not even Roy has a lord class and since it doesn't seem like he can reclass to Lord, I won't get my hopes up any higher.

I think I'll use that Demon Fighter scroll on Roy. Might as well...

EDIT:

Then again, Demon Fighter. From FE2. I actually think I'll use the scroll on DONNY! Start at Villager, then reclass to Merc, then promote to Hero, and finally use the Demon Fighter scroll.

Edited by SilvueWolf

I think I'm probably going to stay away from the Spirit Talisman DLC in general. The halfassed maps make it so really you're just paying for the character, while rather expensive, there's a few guys I would buy. However, if it comes in a Spirit Taliman one, I'll skip it. The whole prerequisite thing is just annoying and not fair when they seem to be the most halfassed ones (let's stick them all on the same map!).

Highly disappointed, but not entirely discouraged from purchasing it. Would be nice to pick up certain characters just so I have access to them on every play, unlike Spotpass guys who might not be available.

I'm also going to assume Eirika and Ephraim won't be in their Master Lord classes either. Actually I think Master Lord in this game would be WAY better than the Master Lord in FE8 for the twins; just my opinion because I didn't like that IS just simply stuck them each on a horse and called it a day. Here they could have them both in Master Lord class, with Eirika having a high weapon level in swords and a model based on Lucina's girl model while Ephraim has a high weapon level in Lances and a model based on Krom's. And since it looks like there are prerequisites for DLC, why not do it so like you can only purchase the Eirika and Ephraim DLC after you beat the story, so there would be no reason for IS to worry about making the story mode easier with additional Master Lords.

Though since not even Roy has a lord class and since it doesn't seem like he can reclass to Lord, I won't get my hopes up any higher.

I think I'll use that Demon Fighter scroll on Roy. Might as well...

EDIT:

Then again, Demon Fighter. From FE2. I actually think I'll use the scroll on DONNY! Start at Villager, then reclass to Merc, then promote to Hero, and finally use the Demon Fighter scroll.

That's a pretty good idea, that makes me think would Demon Fighter pass on to children characters? In which case you could get a male child to have the Demon Fighter class as well.

That's a pretty good idea, that makes me think would Demon Fighter pass on to children characters? In which case you could get a male child to have the Demon Fighter class as well.

Think one step further! What's the 'female' equivalent of that class? Do you take the gamble, or venture to lands unknown?

I'm also going to assume Eirika and Ephraim won't be in their Master Lord classes either. Actually I think Master Lord in this game would be WAY better than the Master Lord in FE8 for the twins; just my opinion because I didn't like that IS just simply stuck them each on a horse and called it a day. Here they could have them both in Master Lord class, with Eirika having a high weapon level in swords and a model based on Lucina's girl model while Ephraim has a high weapon level in Lances and a model based on Krom's.

Maybe, but I'd still want to have Soldier/Halberdier as a class available through DLC similar to Demon Fighter.

Think one step further! What's the 'female' equivalent of that class? Do you take the gamble, or venture to lands unknown?

I was wondering that. Hopefully Mage Fighter or Battle Priestess for Cellica?

I'll have a fit if Demon fighter is just a reskin like all the current paid DLC chars are :/

I don' think they'd that, though...

I don't think there's any chance of that.

Why do you say that? Everything else has been.

The other characters have been fitting into conventional classes. This class by definition does not.

Roy does not strike me at all as a mercenary, Ephraim not as a soldier, etc, and yet they shoved them into those classes anyway.

I didn't say it was a natural fit. For whatever reason, they wound up in one of those classes. Demon Fighter is inherently not a class we already have.

We know nothing about said class though, and isn't the whole corpse soldier thing a big part of the story? That's what immediately came to mind when I saw this.

They''re also charging more for Alm's chapter than for anything else so far. I don't think that makes sense unless it has an unique model.

We know nothing about said class though, and isn't the whole corpse soldier thing a big part of the story? That's what immediately came to mind when I saw this.

The name is taken from an FE2 class though. If it were based on the enemy monster units (they have exclusive classes here?), they'd just have called it by that name.

Edited by NeonZ

They could just make it Hero with an effective bonus to undead...

That's what I'm worried about.

That would require a new skill, in which case there would be no reason for them to do this as opposed to just giving us the skill separately and advertising that, like with Micaiah's chapter. But apparently there's something beyond a new skill.

I agree with Othin. Roy, Leaf, and Micaiah were very obviously Mercenary, Trickster, and Dark Mage respectively. Alm is very clearly not any of these.

I'm talking about the class, not the character.