Game screenshots & info

No. 3

Perhaps she'll be a Dark Mage so she can use Resire or something.

And she does class change to Shaman, after all...

Edited by TheEnd

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you stare hard enough at the picture it looks as though her head isn't fully connected to her body, like someone crudely grafted it to a torso using dark arts and her face is in permanent petrified look of shock because that's how they found her when she died.

She isn't even holding that fucking book up. She's a propped mannequin. Someone's play thing. The neck is too long for the head, her legs are broken and there's a strap crudely covering her lady-parts. She's someone's tribute to beauty: A frozen expression, a missing arm, two broken legs and slutty attire.

Edited by Onmi

First off, the price is about 4-5 dollars a dlc, which by US/EU standards is alot, but in japan everything is more expensive, but i'd say still a bit much. Secondly i was under the impression that the first wave of dlc was free of charge until a set date. did they change that?

As for demon fighter, just wait and see, i'll bet its gonna have female exclusive abilities like lightning speed, not something new entirely. And there will probably be a female exclusive class later down the line for the male exclusive skills.

Another custom class eh? I'm curious as to just what this class can do. I will say it's a nice change for him to get his own class.

I like the way Alm looks and his rather massive update. I'm curious as to whether we'll get a Celica DLC later down the line or not, but we'll see. Let's see if this class gain's access to Rapiers or not...

In Micaiah's case, I can see why she didn't get a custom class considering there's no Light Magic in this game. Her appearance is about what I expected (though I doubt anyone will top Kimihiko Fujisaka's illustration of Roy). Also. the MOE...it strikes my soul!!! Not that I mind it particularly, since it's kind of the point of these guest artists illustrating for us. Just stay away from Shirow Masamune please.

Thus far, we've got:

Marth - Star Lord

Roy - Mercenary

Leaf - Trickster

Alm - Demon Fighter

Micaiah - Dark Mage

Now I'm curious as to whether or not an Ephraim DLC would add another new class or simply allow players to class change into Soldier. I'm guessing he'll get a custom class that uses Lances on foot and this class will spread to all of your troops.

I like the way you think.

Alternatively: That's disgusting.

Why would it be. Should I make a "she can't say no" joke? Tbh I'dd wish she'dd ever say no. Most of the time she's just saying okay like a gullible little.

nvm. Getting off-topic here.

Edited by Silith

Hmm, Micaiah is a disappointment for me. It's based on female Dark Mages in this game, so guess I can understand it, but based on the DLC of her in Marth's chapter, I'd have preferred that. Guess it only really matters for the portrait though, in-game I can change her to another class, so won't worry too much. Alm though definitely has me curious. Wonder what he'll give characters access to, looking forward to future DLC still. Alm also is probably close to my favorite in terms of appearance for the DLC. Oh, forgot this. The +2 to every stat skill sounds a bit... much. Most of the others just don't sound that good. Further, it not being tied to a particular class kind of bugs me too. One of the neat things about the game is how they did skills. Wonder if it buffs Movement too, though I think that's the kind of skill I'll just wind up tossing if I ever get the DLC.

Edited by Mirron

Oh, forgot this. The +2 to every stat skill sounds a bit... much. Most of the others just don't sound that good. Further, it not being tied to a particular class kind of bugs me too. One of the neat things about the game is how they did skills. Wonder if it buffs Movement too, though I think that's the kind of skill I'll just wind up tossing if I ever get the DLC.

Two Words: Rainbow Cry

Also, I don't believe so. It's essentially a lesser version of Grand Masters Rainbow Cry and from the what I've seen of Lunatic, you will really need that little bonus. Running into enemies with nearly capped everything will make taking them down nigh impossible if your units are matching them stat for stat.

Also, any word on Roy and Leaf's Class change options? I'm assuming they have access to as many classes as Marth, but I could be wrong.

Another custom class eh? I'm curious as to just what this class can do. I will say it's a nice change for him to get his own class.

I like the way Alm looks and his rather massive update. I'm curious as to whether we'll get a Celica DLC later down the line or not, but we'll see. Let's see if this class gain's access to Rapiers or not...

In Micaiah's case, I can see why she didn't get a custom class considering there's no Light Magic in this game. Her appearance is about what I expected (though I doubt anyone will top Kimihiko Fujisaka's illustration of Roy). Also. the MOE...it strikes my soul!!! Not that I mind it particularly, since it's kind of the point of these guest artists illustrating for us. Just stay away from Shirow Masamune please.

Thus far, we've got:

Marth - Star Lord

Roy - Mercenary

Leaf - Trickster

Alm - Demon Fighter

Micaiah - Dark Mage

Now I'm curious as to whether or not an Ephraim DLC would add another new class or simply allow players to class change into Soldier. I'm guessing he'll get a custom class that uses Lances on foot and this class will spread to all of your troops.

Going by that; I'd assume we'll be seeing other lords have similar "base-class" treatment, unless they decide to change it up, and have some characters be fitted into a "close enough" class.

Like Ephiram being a Cavalier or something (which would probably not be the case, given we even see his stock unit is a soldier)

Going by that; I'd assume we'll be seeing other lords have similar "base-class" treatment, unless they decide to change it up, and have some characters be fitted into a "close enough" class.

Like Ephiram being a Cavalier or something (which would probably not be the case, given we even see his stock unit is a soldier)

I'd agree with this, save we've also seen SpotPass Thief Leaf as opposed to Trickster Leaf. Marth seems to be a Lord pretty consistently however.

I don't even think I want to get the DLC now that they show that. I might just get Marth only... and possibly the gold.

Screw it, I'm getting the gold.

I'm a bit confused on people's thought regarding DLC. On one hand, gamers want more in-game content: more characters, more stages, essentially more of the game.

Now here's an instance where we're getting just that, and now some folks are reacting negatively to it. I don't quite understand it myself, but to each his own. I will say that I think if it goes any higher than $5 I may have to take a break from them, but for now I consider the prices pretty reasonable for an additional chapter and a new party member.

I'm not liking the fact that to get the next Spirit Talisman map, you must have the previous ones. It makes me think they'll add something really good in a future one and force players to buy all the previous ones to get it.

I hope they sell pre-paid cards here, because I don't have a credit card and would get most of the DLC except for money ones. Really just 7000G? I could raise that in a few skirmishes.

And is there weather in the higher difficulties? Rain that actually affects movement, or fog of war? The Spirit Talisman map has already been used during the day, sunset and night, which makes me wonder what's next for it.

Edited by Silent Mercenary

I'd agree with this, save we've also seen SpotPass Thief Leaf as opposed to Trickster Leaf.

Technically, we saw enemy unit Leaf. Enemy Units don't seem to need to match the Spot pass version perfectly. Sigurd Spotpass is a paladin, but he's just a Social Knight in the Roy DLC (Although he's a Paladin in the Leaf DLC chapter too).

Edited by NeonZ

I'm a bit confused on people's thought regarding DLC. On one hand, gamers want more in-game content: more characters, more stages, essentially more of the game.

Now here's an instance where we're getting just that, and now some folks are reacting negatively to it. I don't quite understand it myself, but to each his own. I will say that I think if it goes any higher than $5 I may have to take a break from them, but for now I consider the prices pretty reasonable for an additional chapter and a new party member.

Because people want quality new content, not a generic mercenary with a fancy mug and a rehashed chapter.

Because people want quality new content, not a generic mercenary with a fancy mug and a rehashed chapter.

In the case of Alm? Whom adds an entirely new class to the game? Keep in mind, the majority of characters in Fire Emblem consist entirely of "fancy mugs" and generic models. At least in this game that's the case. And from a design perspective, it makes sense with how the class change system works and such.

EDIT: on further thought, try spinning the situation this way: What would be better? An original character added to the game that can't support, match's the in-game model, and is little more than just a place holder or attaching that same generic unit to a past character?

Roy was redesigned to fit the Merc build, but it seems the models simply don't account for a head-band. I've a feeling most people wouldn't be so upset if he had his head-band. Does it bother me? Yes. You bet it does. But giving how simplistic the in-game models are, expecting that level of detail from one wasn't reasonable, so I didn't. That, and I kind of figured Roy was based off of the Mercenary class early on.

Edited by Shun One

I'm not paying five dollars for one map.

This. If the value isn't worth it to you, by all means skip it. With the exception of Alm's DLC, nothing substantial aside from a Map and an additional unit has been added.

Alm reminds me of Trunks, somehow.

*looks at Alm* You're right...I think it's the pose and hair that do it.

Also, I should mention that Alm's DLC has no per-requisite so you can skip Marth, Roy, and Micaiah and buy Alm and his new class stand-alone. Nice.

Does anyone know how many chapters the game has? Also, How many DLC Chapters have been announced?

25 (or was it 24?) main chapters, 17 sidequests, and 5 DLCs (so far).

The description of Miss Dawn Priestess' episode seems to lead me to believe we'll be getting about 20 "Spirit talisman" DLC at least, and I have no idea for the Emblem vs and other misc. DLC counts. Or there's just 20 characters to face on that map. Btw, Alm has awesome armor and Mich got so moe~

Edited by Only My Unit

I'm only buy Marth's, Micaiahs, and Alms' DLC.

Marth because, well its Marth. And theres a huge change he'll be free for a while for the west, too.

Micaiah's because her portrait art looks exactly like the in game model and still looks nice, so I won't be expecting anything fancy. Also because Sariya kinda freaks me out.

And Alm because of his Demon Fighter class.

But really, I REALLY wanted to get Roy's, but him getting an ultra generic model isn't worth it. They could've gave him a cape and his headband. Or heck, make that mercenary class a special version that can promote to Master Lord, his actual class, and give him the correct model. But since there's no evidence of that, I'll have to skip Roy's DLC.