Overall, what scrapped features do you support/oppose the removal of?

Retsudo

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does. He's actually pretty tightly tied into the story, Othin's just talking out of his ass.

Well, no, FE12 MU wasn't really tied into the story, but his interactions with other characters are pretty fleshed out.

Well, no, FE12 MU wasn't really tied into the story, but his interactions with other characters are pretty fleshed out.

Yeah, this is my point. I don't actually know a whole lot about FE12, but from what I understand, MU there is a completely irrelevant character story-wise who nonetheless gets treated like a main character in terms of dialogue focus. It's just bizarre.

I oppose:

-no playable soldiers/halberiers:

soldiers were among my favourite units in PoR/RD,I hope that they'll add them as downloadable content,but I think that even if they do that,the soldier would simply promote to Paladin/general :(

-The absence of light magic:

It simply feels incomplete without it,especially with the light vs dark theme the game has.And I also believe that the game could have been a good opportunity to set light magic apart from other magic types,for example light magic tomes could provide stat boosts or have healing effects...

-dark magic users being named dark mage instead of shaman:

ok this is a minor one and I understand,that dark mage was the original name for dark magic users,but I think it sounds unoriginal,like they would call cavaliers horse soldiers or knights would be armor soldiers.

Shaman on the other hand gives the impression,that the class is its own thing and not like "it's a mage.....but with dark magic!"

I support:

-Anima magic being split into three elements while still being treated as one magic type:

I think it is nice to have anima magic split into different elements,but it was simply weird for every magic type to have its own weapon rank.

-the battle monk/cleric instead of bishop:

well I don't support the removal of the bishop itself,but I would support the removal of the bishop class as the standard promotion for the priest/cleric,because they are usually the only light magic users in the game,which usually means we either won't get a light magic user until we promote some units,or that we'll get the monk(or light mage in radiant dawn)who promotes either into a bishop too or into an roughly identical class(like the light sage in radiant dawn).But if the priest/cleric promotes to the battle monk/cleric,then there is no problem with getting a monk(or light mage) as a tier 1 unit,who promotes into a bishop.

However they should change the name of these classes(or simply turn them into one class as they are identical),since battle monk/cleric sounds even worse than dark mage.Maybe they could be renamed into inquisitor or something like that.

-the removal of third-tier classes and their "ultimate skills":

two tiers are enough and their special skills were overpowered anyway(and kinda unbalanced,it looked weird,that dragons had a special skill that was a weaker version of the impale skill)

-the new reclass-system:

I really disliked the reclass system,since it made the class of the characters unimportant,the only thing that really mattered about a character was if they are male or female(or if they had a special class).

I am glad they removed that system and replaced it with a better one.Since every character can change between 3 unpromoted classes,that depend on their own personality,and every class has their own skills,it results in roughly every character being unique and having a unique combination of skills(exceptions are of course MU and some children characters).And since you need a change seal to reclass your character you won't be always able to reclass your character the moment you get him.

-the removal of the RD-support system:

To make it short,the support system in RD sucked,so I am happy to see regular supports back.I also think it is good that the characters can have as many A supports as you want,but only one S support,since it was really much work to get all support conversations in other games.

Edited by BlueLore

Yeah, this is my point. I don't actually know a whole lot about FE12, but from what I understand, MU there is a completely irrelevant character story-wise who nonetheless gets treated like a main character in terms of dialogue focus. It's just bizarre.

Well, Mystery originally starts with Marth leading just a small platoon, mostly filled with new soldiers, when the story starts. What FE12 with its new prologue and MU do is to give some story focus to that unit rather than keeping them around as silent additions to the party. Most of the later games do give quite a bit of dialogue to at least two members of the initial party, even if they aren't really story relevant. I thought that kind of thing was what FE11 was missing from its storytelling - I can udnerstand why they didn't just heavily change the storytelling to make it more modern, but adding significant extra dialogue would have helped a lot.

Edited by NeonZ

This game has FoW, doesn't it?

Nope, I don't know if it exists in lunatic or lunatic +(almost certain it doesn't), but hard and normal don't have it.

Edited by Velth

Support: Removal of no-limit Support mates, depending on affinity: In RD, stats are increased too easily if you know affinities and its benefits, as long as you know where to push the "Support" button on. I may have noticed this getting addressed on Shadow Dragon, but since the US didn't get New Mystery of the Emblem to complete the Marth saga in the USA, Shadow Dragon doesn't count as "previous Fire emblem game" in my opinion, but if MoTE was released, maybe the above would not be present on this post..

Oppose: Slayer skill: Come on, IS! If the Draco Zombie appeared in Awakening, how can I beat it w/o Slayer? Slayer was the skill that was the Achilles' heel to overpowered monsters like the DZ in FE8, if only exclusive to Bishops, which are absent on FE13, but why not assign slayer to Battle Clerics' and Battle Monks' skill list in FE13? Do I have to assign legendary weapons to my fighters just to deal with the massive power boosts that are given to a select few monsters in FE8 if they re-appear on FE13, and hope for more luck and/or use a strategy not possible without a guide, all due to the absence of Slayer???

Edited by shadowjam

edit also halberdiers to me were a balanced class and don't we have heroes for that just saying don't want to be redundant

Besides the obvious fact that Halberdiers use Lances. They are a much more defensive and strength oriented class compared to Heroes who have a bigger focus on speed and skill. Just take a look at Halberdiers cap defense in POR, its 28 out of 30.

If the Draco Zombie appeared in Awakening, how can I beat it w/o Slayer?

It didn't. The only special monster classes are Revenant and Entombed, plus the final boss. Nothing to worry about, and all of those have special weapons effective against them anyway.

They are a much more defensive and strength oriented class compared to Heroes who have a bigger focus on speed and skill. Just take a look at Halberdiers cap defense in POR, its 28 out of 30.

Huh... The speed and skill focused class is supposed to be Sword Master. There were no Heroes in PoR/RD, so you can't really compare Halberdiers there to them.

Edited by NeonZ

Support: Removal of no-limit Support mates, depending on affinity: In RD, stats are increased too easily if you know affinities and its benefits, as long as you know where to push the "Support" button on. I may have noticed this getting addressed on Shadow Dragon, but since the US didn't get New Mystery of the Emblem to complete the Marth saga in the USA, Shadow Dragon doesn't count as "previous Fire emblem game" in my opinion, but if MoTE was released, maybe the above would not be present on this post..

Oppose: Slayer skill: Come on, IS! If the Draco Zombie appeared in Awakening, how can I beat it w/o Slayer? Slayer was the skill that was the Achilles' heel to overpowered monsters like the DZ in FE8, if only exclusive to Bishops, which are absent on FE13, but why not assign slayer to Battle Clerics' and Battle Monks' skill list in FE13? Do I have to assign legendary weapons to my fighters just to deal with the massive power boosts that are given to a select few monsters in FE8 if they re-appear on FE13, and hope for more luck and/or use a strategy not possible without a guide, all due to the absence of Slayer???

there are no draco zombie's in this game.... in fact there are only two kinds of monsters , the zombie and the mummy. The corpse soldiers act as actual human units

also how would monsters from fe8 re appear in awakening ? sorry but what you're saying isn't making any sense

Huh... The speed and skill focused class is supposed to be Sword Master. There were no Heroes in PoR/RD, so you can't really compare Halberdiers there to them.

Swordmasters aren't balanced, they're all speed and skill. Heroes are a balanced with more of a focus on Speed and Skill. Halberdiers are a balanced class with more of a focus on Defense and Power.

Lets look at FE7's hero max stats.

STR:25

SKILL:30

SPD:26

DEF:25

RES:22

Now lets look at FE9 hero Max Stats

STR:26

SKILL:27

SPD:28

DEF:24

RES:20

Now lets look at Halberdiers

STR:25

SKILL:28

SPD:26

DEF:28

RES:25

You can see that Heroes are Faster and Halberdiers are more focused on defense.

there are no draco zombie's in this game.... in fact there are only two kinds of monsters , the zombie and the mummy. The corpse soldiers act as actual human units

also how would monsters from fe8 re appear in awakening ? sorry but what you're saying isn't making any sense

I was not saying that they did, but just as I tried to imply, "IF" they did....

Maybe Slayer could be localized-version-only for FE13 as a way to inflict supereffective damage to dark pegasi while dark magic is equipped, as well as revenants and entombed, to make the difficulty easier for Americans. Localized versions tend to have their differences from Jap versions...

^ Then again, maybe it will go the way of characters being able to support w/ any other fighter and increasing their stats as a result(which is possible in RD as mentioned on my last post post, but not in other FEs, as they can only support a select few player-controlled units in other FEs)...

Edited by shadowjam

I was not saying that they did, but just as I tried to imply, "IF" they did....

Maybe Slayer could be localized-version-only for FE13 as a way to inflict supereffective damage to dark pegasi while dark magic is equipped, as well as revenants and entombed...

^ Then again, maybe it will go the way of characters being able to support w/ any other fighter and increasing their stats as a result(which is possible in RD as mentioned on my last post post, but not in other FEs, as they can only support a select few player-controlled units in other FEs)...

You're not making any sense. Those monsters don't exist, so why do you care? It's not like NOA will randomly add them or any of this other stuff for no reason.

Besides, implying that Slayer is required to beat DZs is basically saying only Moulder and Natasha can kill them. You had all those awesome S-ranked weapons which were effective against them that did fine.

You can see that Heroes are Faster and Halberdiers are more focused on defense.

sorry going by radiant dawn 3rd tier and don't have hero their and vanguard doesn't count cause it's caps are just made for ike

Edited by goodperson707

You're not making any sense. Those monsters don't exist, so why do you care? It's not like NOA will randomly add them or any of this other stuff for no reason.

Maybe I thought "Why didn't anyone mention Slayer?"...

Anyway, here is another thing I oppose the removal of, if it counts as an omitted feature:

Secret Shop...

^ Boy, I miss buyable seals and other rare items outside of late-mid-to-late-game...

^ Anyone know of a member card/secret shop in some form in awakening?

Edited by shadowjam

I haven't played the game yet, so this is going by what I've read.

Support: no magic triangle, no unlimited reclass, the amount of useless characters were cut down, and items aren't hidden anymore.

Oppose: no Xane and lack of variety of map objectives.

Maybe I thought "Why didn't anyone mention Slayer?"...

Anyway, here is another thing I oppose the removal of, if it counts as an omitted feature:

Secret Shop...

^ Boy, I miss buyable seals and other rare items outside of late-mid-to-late-game...

^ Anyone know of a member card/secret shop in some form in awakening?

Actually, you can buy pretty much anything. Master Seals, Change Seals, and even Brave weapons all eventually become available in regular shops, and earlier in the game, you can buy them from traveling merchants. Each merchant offers three items, and sells just one of each, but they can sell even rarer things, like Tomahawks, Speedwings, etc.