Rate the Unit, Day 34: Minerva

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Matthis: 0.86

Maria: 1.05

Radd: 1.31

Vyland: 1.67

Bantu: 2.02

Rickard: 2.34

Darros: 2.45

Roshea: 2.88

Gordin: 3.11

Caesar: 3.50

Jeorge: 4.00

Roger: 4.35

Bord: 4.37

Navarre: 4.66

Cord: 4.87

Castor: 5.54

Merric: 5.58

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Sedgar: 6.57

Wolf: 6.67

Julian: 6.60

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Ogma: 7.56

Athena: 7.95

Hardin: 8.70

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Wendell: 8.92

Lena: 9.26

Barst: 9.40

Sheeda: 9.89

Ah, Minerva, she can tank right away with the Sliver axe/ Hauteclere and she has good enough base stats barring HP. But her growths are something that need to be examined, and we can forget about reclassing helping her. Still, with that said, she helps more than 85% of the pre-promotes in this game.

6.5/10 with +1 bias

Edited by Gmls710

Nice weapon ranks! Nice weapon you brought there! Oh hey, youre telling me you can use a hammer too? Maaaan, and you have 10 move to boot? Wait, you are also red-haired and badass? Nice! But wait, why are you so hard to recruit? 7/10

Oh YES. Minerva, oh how do I count the- *record scratch*

Trying to be as unbiased as possible, Minerva is pretty badass. Her character is pretty cool, considering this games lack of character. Also, she comes right out of the box, ready to use the strongest axe in the game, which is a big boon, plus, her bases are fair. Unfortunatly, she is surpassed very easliy by other characters, since her bases are pretty much on par with your other units at that point, and, eventually, anyone can use Hauteclere (I do declare). and her growths do carry her a bit, but not good enough. Especially in wake of the Dracoknight possibilities in this game.

All in all, she does pretty well for quite a few chapters, but has some issues with, well, quite a bit.

5/10 For the princess of Macedon.

Like everyone else said, she has a good personality in a game where a good chunk of characters lack one. Her bases are pretty nice, even though they're generally on par with your other units at that point. And her A rank in axes means she can use the strongest non-forgeable Axe in the game, and recruiting her is the only way to get it. The fact that she can use hammers at base helps too. Unfortunately, her growths aren't doing her many favors, which means she is eventually surpassed.

6/10

-----

Oh, and I have something to say on a side note. I did some tallying on Matthis's score myself. And I have to agree with frat_tastic. Why is his score at 0.86 when 1.60 would be a more accurate tally? Am I missing something here?

Recruiting aside, Minerva does great as a flying Hammer, but she can't take too much before going down. If she's having Speed problems, a few levels of Sniper will help. . .

. . .come to think of it, Sniper kinda solves her lack of HP, too.

6/10

Oh, and I have something to say on a side note. I did some tallying on Matthis's score myself. And I have to agree with frat_tastic. Why is his score at 0.86 when 1.60 would be a more accurate tally? Am I missing something here?

I'm thinking some votes must've gotten thrown out.

Edited by Golden Cucco

She recruits herself. Has decent enough bases and can use Hammer irght off the bat. Seems like a good unit that can take over for Jagen who is starting to lack.

Good

-Has fair bases

-Doesn't require a Master Seal

-Can be good in any melee class

Bad

-Sucks as a Mag user without Spirit Dusts

-Doesn't have good dodge

-Has a low EXP gaining rate in the beginning

With all above said.....she can handle a league of her own on normal. On hard though, she will need forges to stand a chance.

5/10

there was as much as 2 votes that were under his average, both that should be discarded anyway for not explaining themselfs...

Considering that you said "under his average", shouldn't his score be higher if that was the case? Edited by Fancy Grunt

Flying hammer and hautclere might as well be a prf until very lategame

7/10

This. thank you Horace

She his a fiery red hot witch so bitch, she has big tits, she can kiss you better than a Lamia, she is as powerful as an Aracnhe, she starts with A rank in haxes, she can reclassed to Sniper so she is the higher-tier, let her do a little of arena, she is set to own anything in spite of grandaddy Jeigan.

She is great and she is worth the turns she cost.

7/10 + 1 bias = 8D

Edited by marcus90

I'm thinking some votes must've gotten thrown out.

The only votes that were deemed as questionable were really low votes. I even counted those when I averaged it, so if those were dropped he'd be higher than a 1.60.

Because Minerva can use the Aum staff!

Anyways, she can't have any Spirit Dusts, because FE9 Mia demands Spirit Dusts so much that she takes them from games she's not even in.

Minerva. Armor-smasher with wings. Has decent bases and awesome-rank in axes. 7/10

She his a fiery red hot witch so bitch, she has big tits, she can kiss you better than a Lamia, she is as powerful as an Aracnhe, she starts with A rank in haxes, she can reclassed to Sniper so she is the higher-tier, let her do a little of arena, she is set to own anything in spite of grandaddy Jeigan.

She is great and she is worth the turns she cost.

7/10 + 1 bias = 8D

UNless promoted enemies in the arena are horribly weak in comparison I would not recommend sending Minerva into the arena.

UNless promoted enemies in the arena are horribly weak in comparison I would not recommend sending Minerva into the arena.

She's got decent DEF, so as long as she's not up against a General or something, she might be able to scrape out a win. Slap a Robe on her and her prospects are a lot better.