Rate the Unit, Day 28: Heather

PKL

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- Anyone that has done a RD RTU withholds the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Tormod: 3.28

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Maurim: 4.72

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Elincia: 8.21

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Haar: 9.91

Brom>Tormod. Lol.

So, that heather. She auto-gets cool points for being lesbo and wanting with Neph. She also gets points for stealing stuff, thief Fog of war vision and her movement type (bush-walking is amazing). She loses points for bad combat and frailty. 6/10 +1 bias for some reason :awesome: 7/10

6.5. (0.5 points of bias, my favorite character)

There's not really much reguarding "Thief utility", but I like to use her a combat unit and she doesn't dissapoint me. Dodges everything and never dies.

Ookay. First off it's recommendable to pair her up with Nephanee to further increase not only their bisexual relationship, :awesome: but also their giving heather more offense and avoid (not knowing) as there is no support affinity information that I can find. Anyways....

Pros

-Great Avoid (Great in both Speed and Luck)

-Great 3rd tier skill

-Great Res

-Great choice to bring into the Endgame chapters over Sothe as her avoid and Res are alot better.

Cons

-Low Str

-Low Def

Her cons can be revised with some Bonus EXP/Stat up items. Plus it is advised to do so if you want the Bolting tome in Chapter 3-2. As she will need alot of Str by that point in order to steal the tome and being able to steal better in general. But overall...she is better to be used for assistance in the Grail Mercs for stealing the senaters stuff, etc. The only way you can get her any good for Part IV is through some Bonus EXP abuse and at least given her a Dracoshield. Her good availability gives you time to make her better for Part IV. Using her for treasure collecting, etc is never a bad thing. And I give her a .5 in bias for having such an interesting personality. She definitely is the most interesting character in the game.

heathero.jpg

4.2/10

bias 4.8/10

Edited by リズ

Her thief utility kinda sucks because of her low strength, which also makes her combat suck. She will get you a few statboosters though.

5/10 - Any kind of utility can't be seen as bad, even if said character isn't very good at it.

Heather

* Begins in Part 2: Chapter 1

+ Good Availability

+ Her thiefs skills do the job very well... for open chests and doors...

+ She can avoid enemies attacks like a ghost???... xD

- Low Strength and Defense

- She likes girls???

Score 6/10

She has to steal 1 dracoshield, 1 energy drop and open a few chests. Not all that usefull but I guess it deserves a few points.

Figures she has the hots for Nephenee and Ilyana who are both below her on useability.

6.1/10

Well, she is bad at combat, so all her value are in utilities. There is one steal-able dracoshield, one secretbook, one energy drop, one statue frag and maybe some other stuff too. Opening chests is not worth much since there are always keys available for purchase. Overall she saves a bit of money, gives you a few less relevant boosters and help you pick up coins faster. Still, all in all not much. If you finish 2-1 on turn 3 and not recruit her, you'll probably even save turns.

2+1 bias for HeatherXNeph.

Edited by nano

She has amazing utility and does for the GM's what Sothe does for the Shitstorm. Unlike Sothe, though, she can promote at any time. She's got decent stats, any issues can be fixed with BEXP. Not to mention I don't think a few resources would be wasted going to her.

Also, [positive] bias because she likes tits.

7/10

EDIT: Not to mention she gets all those chests in 4-4. And she has enough dodge to survive the few enemies in the rooms. If not, well, bring a broken unit with her. End of story.

Edited by Laurence Olivier

Well, what can I say about Heather? She does have okay stats in things-except Str and Defense. Her Str doesn't get to high without abuse, because it will only be 26 at max level on average. Now, even with the Baselard, she does barely anyrhing for pretty much the entire game (especially with how weak her weapon selection is) in terms of damage. Her mastery skill is not really that amazing, except if it activates on the first hit, and she can actually DO damage to kill the enemy. Not much combat utility, I have to say. Her thief utility is pretty awesome though, especially if used in tandem with disarm on Brom (or maybe others), since you get them ariund the same time, you can pretty much have any weapon that is in a chapter she's in (provided you're lucky enough).

Overall, she can be used, but doesn't do THAT good considering her qualities.

4.5/10

Well, what can I say about Heather? She does have okay stats in things-except Str and Defense. Her Str doesn't get to high without abuse, because it will only be 26 at max level on average. Now, even with the Baselard, she does barely anyrhing for pretty much the entire game (especially with how weak her weapon selection is) in terms of damage. Her mastery skill is not really that amazing, except if it activates on the first hit, and she can actually DO damage to kill the enemy. Not much combat utility, I have to say. Her thief utility is pretty awesome though, especially if used in tandem with disarm on Brom (or maybe others), since you get them ariund the same time, you can pretty much have any weapon that is in a chapter she's in (provided you're lucky enough).

Overall, she can be used, but doesn't do THAT good considering her qualities.

4.5/10

This but subtract a .5 negative bias. I do not like womanizers.

Too much bias. Heather isn't all that great except to get that unique stealing utility and increased chances for picking up items. I have her throwing knifes and maybe, maybe getting a 1 range hit in for a KO due to some accuracy issue. Other than that, she's getting benched. I do not even need the items she can steal really since all units are wtf broken. 5/10

Heather, that gal who steals for her mum and seems to like the ladies.

Pros:

Availability.

Steals junk.

Ok supports.

Not a terrible base level.

Speed is pretty good.

Cons:

Combat is rather ehhhh..

Strength is low.

Heather does do quite a bit. She can open doors, she can steal junk, she can pick up Disarmed stuff, she can support. Can she kill junk? Not really. Feeding her kills isnt the best idea so BEXPing her up to the brink and having her steal is good enough. Shes pretty speedy and its a wee bit tough for her to get hit but it does happen. So giving her some throwing knives to help fend off bad guys is ok. She probably wont kill anything with them but she can wound them. Heather is also around a lot. She's around for most of part 2 and picking up junk there. (like that other Discipline scroll and Dracosheild and whatever) In Part 3, she's pretty good to have during 3-3. Stealing the junk from the Senators and whatnot. If you managed to give her an Energy Drop or got really lucky with her strength, she can possibly pilfer that Bolting which is cool to have. Ive never done that because i could never quite finagle that myself but yeah. 3-5 has an Energy Drop she can swipe from the boss if you go the murder route and get to him. Part 4, put her on Ike's team. Theres stuff to be yoinked there. Theres a Satori Sign in 4-1 she can nab. In 4-4, theres a lot of stuff to get that you might want. A siege tome, some gems for extra cash (for forges), that Fortify, etc. So yeah. Endgame? lol nah. Heather's combat is bad and she probably wont see S or SS ranked knives to use the actually decent knives in the game.

I think Heather is about a 6/10. I go 6.5/10 because i kinda like her.

She has amazing utility and does for the GM's what Sothe does for the Shitstorm. Unlike Sothe, though, she can promote at any time. She's got decent stats, any issues can be fixed with BEXP. Not to mention I don't think a few resources would be wasted going to her.

Also, [positive] bias because she likes tits.

7/10

What's this? a RD character with personality!? It's a rare breed people!

Heather is the GM thief which gives her a boost among other GM characters, her combat a little ehh, but then again she's a thief so i'm not expecting much, avoid and speed are godly, and HeatherxNephenee Les Yay FTW so...

6.5/10 with .5 bias

Heather is alright.

As a combat unit, she's completely worthless, and even as a thief her potential is limited due to the precarious location of stat boosts and awful strength. She can nab a rescue staff and (an Energy Drop in 3-5), which is nice but other than that her utility is pretty limited. I know the majority of you don't really care about part IV, but Heather is hit especially hard by part IV since Sothe is a forced unit, so even if you built her up she ends being redundant with Sothe.

5.5/10

I am not excited about Heather either way. She does the standard thieving thing and there is actually a decent amount to steal, though it mostly amounts to her being the best choice to find hidden items for the CRK and GMs. Combat is bleh, though her mastery helps her more than Sothe. She can also promote when she likes, but her bases just aren't as good as Sothe and she is nowhere near as clutch as he is in his DB chapters. Overall I'd say she's an above average thief in a game where thieves don't have much of a job.

5/10

I am not excited about Heather either way. She does the standard thieving thing and there is actually a decent amount to steal, though it mostly amounts to her being the best choice to find hidden items for the CRK and GMs. Combat is bleh, though her mastery helps her more than Sothe. She can also promote when she likes, but her bases just aren't as good as Sothe and she is nowhere near as clutch as he is in his DB chapters. Overall I'd say she's an above average thief in a game where thieves don't have much of a job.

5/10

That + 0.5 bias cause i love her. 5.5/10

Heather is a decent unit and very useful for certain chapters in the game, she's essentially a replacement for needs of a rouge for part 3.

Pro's:

Stealing ability

Cool design

Your only able utility unit during part 3 but she does it well

Great avoid

Pass skill

Cons:

Bad Strength

Requires time to BEXP her in strength and requires energy drops where it could go to much better units

Requires favoritism

Not much reason to her after the camp chapter unless you're aiming to steal certain stuff or use her generally as a unit

But I'll give her a 6/10

Edited by Sol64