Super Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations Planning Thread

MarkyJoe1990

Genuinely sucks about your dad, though, I hope he'll be alright.

Wait, what?

Furetchen has other feelings/behaviors besides like, contempt and condescension?

Respect +10 but you're still in the negatives... jk

In all seriousness I was going to (try) to take this on if no one else will and by that I mean request one of my awesome graphics artist friends to do it for me, is it okay if a combo of Felover's submission and Ephraim's submission are in it? and could I maybe get some random screenshots so we don't have to get them ourselves

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to (try) to take this on if no one else will and by that I mean request one of my awesome graphics artist friends to do it for me, is it okay if a combo of Felover's submission and Ephraim's submission are in it? and could I maybe get some random screenshots so we don't have to get them ourselves

Yeah, go ahead.

I'm quite excited to see what you and your bros/sisses come up with.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I recently got a very interesting suggestion.

Mrbrkill of YouTube suggested that I try being more competitive in Ragefest; I should race someone to see who can finish a submission first.

It'd be like a split screen thing, where me and my opponent would talk to each other on skype.

Honestly, it sounds like a pretty interesting idea. What do you all think?

Mrbrkill of YouTube suggested that I try being more competitive in Ragefest; I should race someone to see who can finish a submission first.

It'd be like a split screen thing, where me and my opponent would talk to each other on skype.

Interesting, but that would kind of be spoiling, Marc. But then again, I did have a trap I was planning for you, but you might have already beat me to it.

My opinion: It's interesting, but kind of spoiling.

Interesting, but that would kind of be spoiling, Marc. But then again, I did have a trap I was planning for you, but you might have already beat me to it.

My opinion: It's interesting, but kind of spoiling.

Well, we wouldn't be able to see each other's screens, so we'd only have each others' word to go by. Meaning, we could lead each other into traps if we're good enough at lying.

Well, we wouldn't be able to see each other's screens, so we'd only have each others' word to go by. Meaning, we could lead each other into traps if we're good enough at lying.

Ah, sneaky. And I'm really good at lying.

Oh, wait. You removed me. So that rules out you doing any sort of competing with me.

Oh, well. Back into the fourth wall I go. Who has my keys?

Edited by Bladehero22

That sounds interesting but would take some additional planning.

Also, you'd need someone up for the challenge: I, for instance, would suck, and thus would never be able to beat you unless you went AFK for several hours or something.

Also, there's the issue of "they could cheat". I say you bend the rules so they can use infinite savestates, but no actual cheat codes or hacking or anything. If it's a combat. It'd be pretty obvious if they used cheat codes etc. on their end-save, I think.

The other option (to prevent cheating) is to make it so both people record, and not just you...

Idk, but whatever you do it'd need some planning and you'd need some competitors.

P.S. depending on how long the game is you'd need big chunks of time... XP

That sounds interesting but would take some additional planning.

Also, you'd need someone up for the challenge: I, for instance, would suck, and thus would never be able to beat you unless you went AFK for several hours or something.

Also, there's the issue of "they could cheat". I say you bend the rules so they can use infinite savestates, but no actual cheat codes or hacking or anything. If it's a combat. It'd be pretty obvious if they used cheat codes etc. on their end-save, I think.

The other option (to prevent cheating) is to make it so both people record, and not just you...

Idk, but whatever you do it'd need some planning and you'd need some competitors.

P.S. depending on how long the game is you'd need big chunks of time... XP

I suck too. I'm bad at making sprites AND custom events. The custom events should be taught to me in a direct manner(IMO since reading the tutorials takes too long and I can't find where everything is.) And I don't know where I can get mouth frames for any splices I make.

I suck too. I'm bad at making sprites AND custom events. The custom events should be taught to me in a direct manner(IMO since reading the tutorials takes too long and I can't find where everything is.) And I don't know where I can get mouth frames for any splices I make.

You're too impatient to read tutorials?

How do you expect to troll me if you're too lazy to even read the tutorials?

And don't go telling us how things should be done, because I have an argument against that. We shouldn't waste our time (Which isn't infinite, mind you!) to teach you how to hack because clearly it's not worth it: If you lack the patience to learn how to hack by reading tutorials, then you obviously don't have the patience to make anything of acceptable quality.

And how are you having trouble finding things? Did your forget all the links I've provided for you in the past?!

I want you to stop this, BladeHero22. You've already gotten this thread derailed before, and I'm not going to put up with it any further. Stop using this thread which is about Ragefest IV, and using it to talk about how things should be done in the hacking community. If you want to tell people how you feel, make your own thread.

If you don't stop this, I will get something done about it.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

What does your post even have to do with mine?

Mine is about how I am not good at playing Fire Emblem enough to make a good competitor for Markyjoe, and how he'd need somebody who's good at the game in general (<- that's the point of my post, basically... that and that the general idea needs more planning).

No excuses, dude. If I can make a few chapters of acceptable quality with no outside help whatsoever, so can you.

I suck too. I'm bad at making sprites AND custom events. The custom events should be taught to me in a direct manner(IMO since reading the tutorials takes too long and I can't find where everything is.)

how about no?

No excuses! If you want something, you've got to work for it :P. If you're too lazy to read a tutorial for half an hour, you're too lazy to hack for what could be several weeks! Nobody will hold your hand through it, but I'm sure if you try, people will give you some help if you get stuck!

There is no need for this discussion here.

I've dealt with Bladehero via pm so the rest of you can stop commenting on his laziness to read hacking tutorials and get back to the topic on-hand. Further thread derailment will result in warnings.

As for the splitscreen idea, I'm honestly sceptical. I can't voice why, I just don't think it'd be a good idea. Instinct, I guess? Maybe worth a shot though.

Edited by Furetchen

As for the splitscreen idea, I'm honestly sceptical. I can't voice why, I just don't think it'd be a good idea. Instinct, I guess? Maybe worth a shot though.

Furet, can you read my mind or something? Cause if you can, stop it. It's creeping me out. I had the SAME exact thought. Some things might get...interesting with competition. But then again, the entertainment might go up. So might your tendency to make mistakes in order to speed past your opponent and then things just start going ALL wrong.

I would be interested in doing something like this, but I don't have steady internet so it'd never be doable. Maybe next year after job corps I'll talk to one of my buddies about trying something like this. Mite b cool.

i have the perfect banner for you

RAGEFEST FOUR: ARCHIBALD'S REVENGE

in other news, i'll see if i can't whip something up

Edited by Camtech

i have the perfect banner for you

RAGEFEST FOUR: ARCHIBALD'S R EVENGE

in other news, i'll see if i can't whip something up

MY EYEEEEEEEEEEES. -rages- Oh wait. That's an awesome banner. It made me rage simply because of all the eye rape for me. Ow.