• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in other news, i'll see if i can't whip something up

he literally said this in the same post

how dense do you have to be to think that was his actual attempt

jesus fucking christ

well if Bladehero didn't post, there'd never be any arguing in this thread ~ o 3o~

Marc, y'ever thought of doing that stream of consciousness stuff for ragefest? I know it'd make it a lot less focused on the game, but you could do it, like:

1) during the video, stream of consciousness fun times

2) after the chapter, make a 2-3 minute review of everything as normal Marc.

Idk I think it could be fun ' 3'

Edited by seph1212

Marc, y'ever thought of doing that stream of consciousness stuff for ragefest? I know it'd make it a lot less focused on the game, but you could do it, like:

1) during the video, stream of consciousness fun times

2) after the chapter, make a 2-3 minute review of everything as normal Marc.

Idk I think it could be fun ' 3'

You mean like what I do with my

? It would be interesting, but... I'm not sure I can pull that off, mainly because I don't know how I manage it. Despite all the things I dislike about FE5, there's just something about it that causes me to assume a state of whimsy and carefreeness.

I remember getting into that mental state during

as well, which was what made that tedious hour or so of footage that much more bearable for my viewers.

I kind of want to figure out what triggers that state of mind, since I'd love to be that way in most of my videos.

Honestly, just thinking about your suggestion makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. A video entirely consisting of the whimsy marc and a trollsome submission, ending with my concluding thoughts.

The definitive MarkyJoe1990 viewing experience.

Of course, if we go with the co-commentary idea, there's no way that would work. Whimsy Marc is also a Marc that never shuts the fuck up, so I can't imagine my co-host having much fun. That, and I think it'd be much harder to go into that state of mind, considering whenever I do a commentary with someone, I always feel immense amounts of anxiety.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

You mean like what I do with my

? It would be interesting, but... I'm not sure I can pull that off, mainly because I don't know how I manage it. Despite all the things I dislike about FE5, there's just something about it that causes me to assume a state of whimsy and carefreeness.

I remember getting into that mental state during

as well, which was what made that tedious hour or so of footage that much more bearable for my viewers.

I kind of want to figure out what triggers that state of mind, since I'd love to be that way in most of my videos.

Honestly, just thinking about your suggestion makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. A video entirely consisting of the whimsy marc and a trollsome submission, ending with my concluding thoughts.

The definitive MarkyJoe1990 viewing experience.

Of course, if we go with the co-commentary idea, there's no way that would work. Whimsy Marc is also a Marc that never shuts the fuck up, so I can't imagine my co-host having much fun. That, and I think it'd be much harder to go into that state of mind, considering whenever I do a commentary with someone, I always feel immense amounts of anxiety.

Well, if you can find a way for it to work, everything would be amazing. I've always enjoyed your Ragefest stuff anyways Marc. I sincerely hope RF4 is as good as RF1(which I consider the best RF so far).

Well, if you can find a way for it to work, everything would be amazing. I've always enjoyed your Ragefest stuff anyways Marc. I sincerely hope RF4 is as good as RF1(which I consider the best RF so far).

I honestly feel Ragefest 3 is the best one so far, at least in terms of submissions.

Ragefest 1:

Ephraim225's Boss Rush - Pretty much just a cluster fuck of enemies with bad map design. The video was redeemed only by my extremely whimsy commentary

Subieko's Desperate Struggle - Bland story, decent map design, but piss poor pacing and challenge, and dumb grinding requirements.

FELover3's Untitled - Terrible to the point of parody. The video itself was only entertaining because I laughed at how stupid it was.

Cedar Nyx's Matthew's Nightmare - Probably the only good submission Ragefest 1 actually had, because it actually had a story of some coherence, was funny, and knew what the contest was all about, pissing me the fuck off entertainingly. Pretty much set the bar for later ragefest submissions.

Camtech076's Maze of the Troll King - Complete and utter mess. Interesting ideas with absolutely terrible execution. Redeemed only by me and Cam's amusing co-commentary, and ARCHIBAAAAAAAAALD!!!

24fitz's Morph's Last Stand - It was like a diet-Boss Rush. Video was only redeemed by me and Seph1212 utterly skewering how bad it was.

Hithere1's PIECE OF HORSESHIT - Why? Why did this exist? It was disqualified.

The truth of the matter is that Ragefest 1 only had one submission that really felt like a submission, and that was Cedar Nyx's. The only thing that would make this Ragefest the best is the commentary, which was admittedly some of my best stuff.

Ragefest 2:

Blazer's Prisoner of Darkness - Really creative in terms of gameplay, and it tries to have a story, but the story falls flat on it's ass, and the submission was initially stupidly luck based. Preys on the player's lack of observation. And even though I felt cheated that the ending was a downer, in hindsight, it's actually pretty hilarious. My complete lack of having-a-clue really made the video entertaining.

Hithere1's FETO's Last Stand - Was nothing more than an attempt to get FETO more attention. Had absolutely no creative ideas.

Ephraim225's Rondo of Madness - Probably Ephraim's best submission. Humor was a bit shitty at times due to excessive reliance on references, but then it had moments of brilliance like the Wolf Brigade. Probably one of the few submissions I actually beat without cheating in some way (Memory hacking/using more save states than permitted). Video commentary was amusing, and EvilEggoWaffle made his one and only appearance in one of my Fire Emblem commentaries here.

Overall though, Ragefest 2 was probably the worst. Mainly because of the lower amount of submissions.

Ragefest 3:

FELover3's Marc's Special Day - Fucking. Maximum. Trolling. I have never had my emotions driven so far in any submission, and this one not only made fun of me and played my quirks for laughs, but it made fun of itself by acknowledging that it was terrible, and enjoying every last second of it.

Ephraim225's Bullet Hell Madness - A really bloated submission with way too many references, though, it did have some very funny moments ("Oh... you're a transvestite. I didn't need to know that."). Had TONS of interesting ideas, even though half of them were executed like shit. The co-commentary between me and Ephraim certainly helped redeem it.

Klokinator's Generic War - Intended to be a chapter where you rush, designed completely counter-intuitively to that. Best music choices of any Ragefest submission however, and it has excellant presentation. The dialogue, while not particularly funny, didn't make me want to strangle kitten's like Ephraim's Bullet Hell Madness did.

PwnageKirby's F.EXE - Really creative gimmick, and extremely well designed beginning part. Fucking awesome ending. Utterly stupid, undeveloped story with very few jokes, and a horrid forest section that doesn't need to exist. Was the biggest reason why Ragefest 3 was so horribly delayed.

Hithere1's Yet Another Ragefest 3 Hack - Humor is dumb. Map design is bloated. Enemies are overpowered. Pretty much unbeatable, and was disqualified for that and other things.

GoldenWarrior's Vaati's Revenge - Really interesting submission that wouldn't have been disqualified if it didn't have so much luck reliance. Hardly any story or dialogue.

MarkyJoe1990's [NOT YET SEEN] - ???

Unlike Ragefest 1, the quality of Ragefest 3 is pretty consistent. Pretty much every submission had something good about it (Except Hithere1's).

Really, the only reason why I can believe someone would view this Ragefest as inferior to Ragefest 1 is simply because of my commentary, but honestly, the commentary in Ragefest 3 isn't that much worse than Ragefest 1.

Oh yeah, and while I'm at it, have I mentioned that I'm going to create downloadable Ragefest archives so that everyone can play any Ragefest submission?

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I honestly feel Ragefest 3 is the best one so far, at least in terms of submissions.

Ragefest 1:

Ephraim225's Boss Rush - Pretty much just a cluster fuck of enemies with bad map design. The video was redeemed only by my extremely whimsy commentary

Subieko's Desperate Struggle - Bland story, decent map design, but piss poor pacing and challenge, and dumb grinding requirements.

FELover3's Untitled - Terrible to the point of parody. The video itself was only entertaining because I laughed at how stupid it was.

Cedar Nyx's Matthew's Nightmare - Probably the only good submission Ragefest 1 actually had, because it actually had a story of some coherence, was funny, and knew what the contest was all about, pissing me the fuck off entertainingly. Pretty much set the bar for later ragefest submissions.

Camtech076's Maze of the Troll King - Complete and utter mess. Interesting ideas with absolutely terrible execution. Redeemed only by me and Cam's amusing co-commentary, and ARCHIBAAAAAAAAALD!!!

24fitz's Morph's Last Stand - It was like a diet-Boss Rush. Video was only redeemed by me and Seph1212 utterly skewering how bad it was.

Hithere1's PIECE OF HORSESHIT - Why? Why did this exist? It was disqualified.

The truth of the matter is that Ragefest 1 only had one submission that really felt like a submission, and that was Cedar Nyx's. The only thing that would make this Ragefest the best is the commentary, which was admittedly some of my best stuff.

Ragefest 2:

Blazer's Prisoner of Darkness - Really creative in terms of gameplay, and it tries to have a story, but the story falls flat on it's ass, and the submission was initially stupidly luck based. Preys on the player's lack of observation. And even though I felt cheated that the ending was a downer, in hindsight, it's actually pretty hilarious. My complete lack of having-a-clue really made the video entertaining.

Hithere1's FETO's Last Stand - Was nothing more than an attempt to get FETO more attention. Had absolutely no creative ideas.

Ephraim225's Rondo of Madness - Probably Ephraim's best submission. Humor was a bit shitty at times due to excessive reliance on references, but then it had moments of brilliance like the Wolf Brigade. Probably one of the few submissions I actually beat without cheating in some way (Memory hacking/using more save states than permitted). Video commentary was amusing, and EvilEggoWaffle made his one and only appearance in one of my Fire Emblem commentaries here.

Overall though, Ragefest 2 was probably the worst. Mainly because of the lower amount of submissions.

Ragefest 3:

FELover3's Marc's Special Day - Fucking. Maximum. Trolling. I have never had my emotions driven so far in any submission, and this one not only made fun of me and played my quirks for laughs, but it made fun of itself by acknowledging that it was terrible, and enjoying every last second of it.

Ephraim225's Bullet Hell Madness - A really bloated submission with way too many references, though, it did have some very funny moments ("Oh... you're a transvestite. I didn't need to know that."). Had TONS of interesting ideas, even though half of them were executed like shit. The co-commentary between me and Ephraim certainly helped redeem it.

Klokinator's Generic War - Intended to be a chapter where you rush, designed completely counter-intuitively to that. Best music choices of any Ragefest submission however, and it has excellant presentation. The dialogue, while not particularly funny, didn't make me want to strangle kitten's like Ephraim's Bullet Hell Madness did.

PwnageKirby's F.EXE - Really creative gimmick, and extremely well designed beginning part. Fucking awesome ending. Utterly stupid, undeveloped story with very few jokes, and a horrid forest section that doesn't need to exist. Was the biggest reason why Ragefest 3 was so horribly delayed.

Hithere1's Yet Another Ragefest 3 Hack - Humor is dumb. Map design is bloated. Enemies are overpowered. Pretty much unbeatable, and was disqualified for that and other things.

GoldenWarrior's Vaati's Revenge - Really interesting submission that wouldn't have been disqualified if it didn't have so much luck reliance. Hardly any story or dialogue.

MarkyJoe1990's [NOT YET SEEN] - ???

Unlike Ragefest 1, the quality of Ragefest 3 is pretty consistent. Pretty much every submission had something good about it (Except Hithere1's).

Really, the only reason why I can believe someone would view this Ragefest as inferior to Ragefest 1 is simply because of my commentary, but honestly, the commentary in Ragefest 3 isn't that much worse than Ragefest 1.

Oh yeah, and while I'm at it, have I mentioned that I'm going to create downloadable Ragefest archives so that everyone can play any Ragefest submission?

I was mostly thinking of the Maze and Matthew's Nightmare. Forgot about the...other ones. You are probably right though. Also Marc, get your submission uploaded damnit! -shot for asking for Marc to hurry- I apologize for that. Also, Ragefest archives? YES PLZ. DO IT. LIFE WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER.

I was mostly thinking of the Maze and Matthew's Nightmare. Forgot about the...other ones. You are probably right though. Also Marc, get your submission uploaded damnit! -shot for asking for Marc to hurry- I apologize for that. Also, Ragefest archives? YES PLZ. DO IT. LIFE WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER.

You should be nagging the person who's going to LP my submission, not me.

I'm probably going to make a thread called "Official Past Ragefest Topic", and it will have all the submissions of Ragefests past, complete with descriptions.

I'm also going to encourage people to post their LPs of submissions in that thread, or to just discuss the submissions in general.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

You should be nagging the person who's going to LP my submission, not me.

I'm probably going to make a thread called "Official Past Ragefest Topic", and it will have all the submissions of Ragefests past, complete with descriptions.

I'm also going to encourage people to post their LPs of submissions in that thread, or to just discuss the submissions in general.

Question: Are you going to upload your submission? Or is the person going to upload it?

Hey dudes and dudettes.

How do you feel about allowing a submission to have multiple chapters?

Not just as in the LOMA command, where a new map is loaded without a save prompt, but, like, actually separating chapters with a save prompt.

If we don't do this for Ragefest IV, I'm considering making it a Ragefest V gimmick.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I guess the question you'll need to ask yourself is: How many hours do you want to spend on each submission? Because people seem fond of making rather long submissions. Additional chapters will simply add more time to the play-through.

I guess the question you'll need to ask yourself is: How many hours do you want to spend on each submission? Because people seem fond of making rather long submissions. Additional chapters will simply add more time to the play-through.

I'm hoping that by doing this, people will make their chapters shorter, and we'll have more chapters in total.

Essentially, it's permission to make as many submissions as you want, so long as it's in the same patch.

Why limit it to a single patch, though? That puts a bit of a limit on certain gimmicks that designers can do, and it also limits your options for which to do when (though I'm not sure if that last bit is even an issue)

The point of allowing multiple chapters is so people don't cram multiple chapters into one chapter, not to completely liberate people from any limitations implied by this.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

The point of allowing multiple chapters is so people don't cram multiple chapters into one chapter, not to completely liberate people from any limitations implied by this.

So, that means like... the player completes the chapter which is one part of the submission, and the next chapter is another part of the submission?

Eh.

More work, more time. I feel like people might not connect each part of the game as one, as well.

Also, there should be a limit of 5 chapters or something... I could totally see people making a reskin of Lyn's mode and calling it a ragefest hack. XD