Draft Minimafia

Paperblade

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of wish Prims just kinda said nothing about it, I'm a little frustrated

keep role information to yourself, it's fucking early

Sorry if I'm too exhausted to think properly right now, but a post was requested, so I just tossed in whatever comes to mind. I was hoping to get a night's sleep to get over my sleep debt...

Going to bed, but want to address this first:

Nowhere in my posts did I say that I actually KNOW Levity's role (which I may or may not), or that she knows what mine is. I also never even claimed Vanilla. Honestly, this should be common sense: I picked after Levity, therefore I either know what her role is or one thing her role is not. Likewise, BBM either knows of a role that one Levity and I have to have, or knows of a role that both Levity and I can not possibly have. That's just how the drafting process works. Trying to twist this into me revealing role information is silly. It was just a pressure vote because I wanted to see how she'd respond to my apparent usage of "weak meta", it's not even relevant right now.

BBM's post was before the Levity/Prims conversation escalated significantly, and also he didn't go out of his way to acknowledge it without saying anything of worth about it when he made said post. Manix has just been one of Those Players who responds a lot earlygame without actually raising anything in reply to serious points, which is detrimental to us getting stuff done - basically active lurking if you can say such a thing exists during ED1.

I thought Rothene's post was just speculating wrt the Amnesiac thing and not at all a roleclaim. It's null, wish that he had thoughts on players and not roles, or that he could at least post some in the morning if he's currently too sleepy for :mafiers:.

Oh, nevermind, I missed the "like me".

Rothene is probably either town or a ninja. Would not lynch - I haven't played with him before but I seem to recall him outing as doc for little reason in the game I replaced him, leading to the conclusion of him just being inexperienced town.

that sounds like you know who the role he missed is

Uh, how? And what do you mean by missed? Prims told us he went after same role as Bizz, Roth just claimed vanilla. Assuming Roth means vanilla town, that would be two/five towns with useful roles meaning two/five people are no longer good maf targets. That is all I recall saying.

I did not in any way claim this.

oh, I guess thats just how I interpreted this then since it sounded like you knew what role she picked:

Strawman: Levity was first to pick and I picked immediately after her on the order, so I know more about her role than anybody else.

But I wonder how that tells you anything about her role besides that she did/didn't pick what you did. Well, there is ONE thing I can think of that you could tell depending on the role you picked(or maybe something more just Bizz related that i wouldn't have any clue about).

(or maybe something more just Bizz related that i wouldn't have any clue about).

It's this. I'm fine claiming that because I'm pretty sure her and I are the only people on the playerlist who would be aware of this particular snippet of meta.

IN ANY CASE I believe we can stop puzzling over this????

FYI: I made that jokevote because I don't like using meta alone to justify my votes and Levity knows this. Given that she metas a lot I was curious what she would say in responses.

it was a...... "reaction test", if you will

Hmm..what are the odds of everyone picking Amnesiac...would be interesting to have everyone doing nothing at night apart from mafia kills.

img]http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/60791/1312111-facepalm_x2_super.jpg[/img]

this is what accurately determines by feeling on the subject

please please please don't claim this early, not even I'm that stupid

It's this. I'm fine claiming that because I'm pretty sure her and I are the only people on the playerlist who would be aware of this particular snippet of meta.

well

if I know what you're talking about, then no, you're wrong, because I think I know (if I'm right about which thing it is)

but I have been known to be wrong before.

it's not exactly significant to the others, so I say we let it rest until it is needed to be known.

/is late because he went out, soz

##Vote: Prims

Because Yukari brings me VERY bad memories of the PCB Phantasm Boss Fight.

Hmm..what are the odds of everyone picking Amnesiac...would be interesting to have everyone doing nothing at night apart from mafia kills.

So, after reading 5 pages, all I know is Prims is probably a vanilla like me. That or he and Bizz are trolling me.

IMO, redirector seems more like a solid choice for Mafia since if by chance everyone has a role, it's able to just ensure night kills since you can redirect all abilities else where. Mafia wants to kill user A? Just redirect all potential watchers, heals and the sort to someone else. It's like being a Ninja, only better. And second one could be either follower or hooker, just to make it harder for town to mess with the redirector.

Hey, uh, what happened to your head?

Anyhow, you bringing up people picking Amnesiac implies that you may have turned into a Vanilla while picking Amnesiac, which means we have an Amnesiac in the game. Which is nice, because it means that the death of a player with a good role does not necessarily mean the death of the role.

The Redirector is indeed a good choice for the Mafia. However, unlike Ninja, it's something that Townies would like as well, so I'm hoping that a Townie took it and prevented the Mafia from getting, hopefully turning one Mafia member into a Vanilla.

Oh, and it would be cool if there was a Townie who took Ninja to neutralize the Mafia member that tries to pick Ninja because they won't expect Town to pick such a scummy role that is more useful to Mafia than Town.

With the fail tags, that facepalm should be directed at yourself.

Okay, I seriously don't understand this whole Prims-Bizz thingy, but then again, I don't even care since it's clear that neither of them are interested in spilling any details and it's better if it remains that way.

Aside from that, nothing much seems to be happening.

Rothene

Wow. I go to sleep, and this thread blows up.

I am curious as to how many vanillas there are. It's feasible that we have a majority of vanilla, being as the demand for certain roles is high and there are strategic plans for drafting roles.

Prims and bizz are acting too odd with eachother to be scum buddies imo. However, Prims is being awfully vague with his posts. Well, we all know some about roles, Prims. You arguing that uit know more about Bizz's role without saying anything makes it no more town than saying nothing at all.

##vote Prims

Not sure what you are trying to prove by acting all high and mighty, but it's not making you look innocent by any means.

Well, we all know some about roles, Prims. You arguing that uit know more about Bizz's role without saying anything makes it no more town than saying nothing at all.

He did say something though. He said that as the player who picked directly after Bizz, he knows one role that she is not.

I also don't think we have a majority of vanillas. People lower down on the order probably realized that they weren't going to get something like Doctor, and picked a lower-priority role.

I also question Proto's action of what I think was randomvoting for Prims when he actually has suspicion on him.

And anyone who is Vanilla had entered this game knowing that there is for sure, one if X role out there, giving any Vanillas in this setup almost the same exact knowledge as Prims has right now, as far as role existance goes. Yes, he knows Bizz is or isn't X, but vanillas know that someone out there is X

Thus

I find it highly unlikely that Prims is the only one who knows anything about roles.

Which is why I find him suspicious for bringing it up in the first place.