RvB3: Lyn

Othin

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on the whole MU debacle?

The DLC characters are addressing the player, IE, you, so it's no wonder Lyn would recognize you while at the same time you can not recognize her (if you haven't played FE7). Same can be said of FE12's MU being the same as this one. Since it's you, the player, they essentially are the same person. How you ended up in these places is besides the point.

This is sort of irrelevant to the whole "is MU the same guy as FE7 tactician" and side-steps the issue entirely (and I probably just wasted my time writing this), but I thought it worth posting only because the FE13 background site lists MU as "you".

Ignoring all of that, MU I'm not quite sure who MU is at this point. Amnesia is a funny thing that makes people think they're someone they're not under the right circumstances.

Well when anyone talked to the tactician in 7, they looked directly at the screen. If that was their intention this time, that's actually kind of cool.

This whole thing about Lyn recognising the player sounds amazing. While it might be a bit confusing, I think Shun One's point could be right.

We'd have been able to pass it off as Lyn simply getting confused due to MU and Mark's family resemblance, if they didn't have to be different genders.

If this is 'Lyn from Another World' then maybe her tactician was an other-worldly version of MU or Mark and she's mistaken...?

But I think it's safest to assume that at some point in MU's lifetime he ends up having fulfilled the role of tactician in both Elibe and Iris. Given all the time travel and amnesia and stuff that seems to be going on, maybe it doesn't really matter at what point in his lifetime it happens.

Maybe it's a bit like Katarina remarking how MU is similar to somebody she loves knows (Chris or FE12's MU).

Does this happen in a DLC chapter? Can you get me a link or even just a quote of it? I'm intrigued. What might that say about the connection between Mark and Chris?

Does this happen in a DLC chapter? Can you get me a link or even just a quote of it? I'm intrigued. What might that say about the connection between Mark and Chris?

Oh, I don't think it's on the level of Lyn's conversation, but here it is (in Japanese)

対ルフレ(男、僕)

【カタリナ】

!! あなた…

【ルフレ】

え…?

僕がどうかした?

【カタリナ】

いえ。私の大切な人と、

あなたが似ているような気がして…

でも、ただの気のせいのようです。

変なことを言ってごめんなさい。

【ルフレ】

そうなんだ…何だか気になるな。

僕に似てる人って、どんな人なの?

【カタリナ】

そうですね、

あの人は方向音痴で料理が下手で…

【ルフレ】

聞かない方が良かったかな…

【カタリナ】

でも、とても優しくて…強い人です。

私のことを最後まで信じてくれて…

私を光のほうに導いてくれました。

今までも、これからも…例え生まれ変わったとしても…

ずっとずっと私の……大好きな人です。

【ルフレ】

!!

【カタリナ】

あ…!私ったらつい…!

すみません、今のは忘れてください…!!

【ルフレ】

あ、あぁ…

【カタリナ】

……ところで、あなたは敵の軍師に

見えるのですが、そうなのですか?

【ルフレ】

うん、そうだよ。

【カタリナ】

…では戦闘に巻き込むのは気がひけますが、

これも運命。覚悟してください!

【ルフレ】

えぇっ!?ちょ、ちょっと…

やけに切り替えが早くない!?

It triggers in Light versus Dark - Light Side.

I do sort of agree that all the MUs might be the same to some extent, because they're the player. However each MU seem like their own character, due to their different appearances and backgrounds, like how FE12's MU was raised in Altea and had a grandfather.

Also, I checked Celice's convo in King versus King - Decisive Battle and he clearly refers to MU by name (Aria in the video I saw) and does comment on

the marking on MU's hand, which he recognises as a holy marking from a dragon.

That conversation is kind of different. Katarina just says that Rufure reminds her of someone else she knew, but quickly discards the idea and says that it's just her imagination. In that case, I'd guess it's just a reference to both being MUs (player avatars), while the tie in between FE7 Mark and FE13's Rufure in Lyn's conversation seems to be much stronger.

Thanks for the quote, Vincent. This reminds me a lot of the Pokémon series, and how certain characters who appear in multiple generations comment on the similarities between the player characters, like when Cynthia remarks that Hilbert/Hilda reminds her of Lucas/Dawn. It seems that what we're seeing in Fire Emblem is the same kind of thing, almost as though these different player characters have the same spirit or the same aura or something. I like it.

However, this doesn't explain why Lyn would mistake MU for their opposite-gendered child. :P

Edited by Murdok Dracul

Honestly, I have no major problem with MU being implied to be the Strategist. Mark was a red herring. That's just how it is.

The idea of Lyn breaking the fourth wall is interesting, but just a tad too bizzare for me to give it much credence. It'd be quite nice if were true though.

On the other hand, MU has now had an insanely busy life and really needs to stop getting amnesia. This is... what? The second time now? Maybe the third? The guy should start keeping a note at least.

'Dear diary, today I seemed to have forgotten my entire life. Some strange woman keeps telling me she's my wife and that the weird kid running around is my daughter. Apparently, this happens a lot. Another strange woman insisted I go to 'Sacae' with her. I have no idea where this place is. According to an earlier note, it's in a place called 'Elibe' but I seem to have failed to explain where 'Elibe' is. As I have no clue to what to do, I'm going to follow the advice printed in this very diary:

Step 1: FIND A DITCH

Step 2: LAY DOWN IN IT

Step 3: WAIT FOR KROM/LYN/SUITABLY NOBLE INDIVIDUAL TO FIND ME

Step 4: PRETEND TO/ACTUALLY HAVE NO MEMORIES

Step 5: ????

Step 6: PROFIT '

Guys stop looking too much in it, MU is supposed to be you, and the who ever bought the Lyndis DLC is either a guy who wants all the DLC or a fan of Lyn and you can't a be a fan of Lyn if you didn't play her game, right ? so unless you were a different person and you don't resemble yourself the MU from FE7=/= MU from FE13....

I think MU is a similar to the main characters in pokemon games , their adventures happen at different times and different places but they're all kinda the same . Characters who have met multiple protagonist from the different pokemon games always refer to a look each of them has in their eyes a certain spark , they all share and everyone who meets them notices in all the main characters . I imagine a similar thing is going on here all the MUs have a similar feel to them a spark that everyone who meets them notices . So it becomes hard to tell the difference between them maybe it was the mark from awakening , maybe it wasn't . It doesn't matter , it's just the game creators leaning on the forth wall ,all MUs and the main characters in pokemon feel the same because they are the same they're all YOU, the player . Behind MU's eyes is the same person who was behind fe7 marks eyes , behind FE 12's chris' eyes . It always the player regardless of how my unit looks , and the in game characters who meet MU regardless of MU's current form can feel that .

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

I think MU is a similar to the main characters in pokemon games , their adventures happen at different times and different places but they're all kinda the same . Characters who have met multiple protagonist from the different pokemon games always refer to a look each of them has in their eyes a certain spark , they all share and everyone who meets them notices in all the main characters . I imagine a similar thing is going on here all the MUs have a similar feel to them a spark that everyone who meets them notices . So it becomes hard to tell the difference between them maybe it was the mark from awakening , maybe it wasn't . It doesn't matter , it's just the game creators leaning on the forth wall ,all MUs and the main characters in pokemon feel the same because they are the same they're all YOU, the player . Behind MU's eyes is the same person who was behind fe7 marks eyes , behind FE 12's chris' eyes . It always the player regardless of how my unit looks , and the in game characters who meet MU regardless of MU's current form can feel that .

...Hey, that was my idea. sad.gif

You explained it better though.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

I imagine a similar thing is going on here all the MUs have a similar feel to them a spark that everyone who meets them notices . So it becomes hard to tell the difference between them maybe it was the mark from awakening , maybe it wasn't . It doesn't matter.

I disagree. There's clearly a difference between Katarina's and Lyn's reactions. Katarina's is closer to the Pokemon examples, she recognizes some kind of similarity between FE12 MU and FE13 MU, but that's it. Meanwhile, Lyn seems to be pretty sure that FE7's strategist and FE13's MU are one and the same.

Oh yeah, that's true.

Similarly, FE12's MU isn't a tactician and is more of a bodyguard, so Katarina and co. probably wouldn't think they're the same as FE13's MU. Marth in his DLC end-of-chapter talk also doesn't mention anything about recognising FE13's MU (as far as I remember, it was the first DLC scenario, which was months ago).

Perhaps naming the kid Mark was just MU remembering that name from the FE7 time before getting dropped here and losing their memories. After all, MU must be very special if Gimle wanted their body.

This seems like a plausible explanation to me. Reminds me for some reason of Mark's ending in FE7, which states that his skills were so great that wars were fought over him.

Oh, I don't think it's on the level of Lyn's conversation, but here it is (in Japanese)

It triggers in Light versus Dark - Light Side.

I do sort of agree that all the MUs might be the same to some extent, because they're the player. However each MU seem like their own character, due to their different appearances and backgrounds, like how FE12's MU was raised in Altea and had a grandfather.

Also, I checked Celice's convo in King versus King - Decisive Battle and he clearly refers to MU by name (Aria in the video I saw) and does comment on

the marking on MU's hand, which he recognises as a holy marking from a dragon.

If Celice recognizes MU's marking as a holy marking, does Micaiah recognize it as a brand?

If Celice recognizes MU's marking as a holy marking, does Micaiah recognize it as a brand?

I doubt it. The markings represent a pact with dragons, which Krom has apparently the same way as the FE4 cxharacters, while the brand is different.

So what they're pretty similar , both involve a person who possess the blood of a laguz in their veins . Both marks often result in increased fighting ability , and special skills like jugdral!astra or sacrfice . The only real distinct difference is the brand is heredity, and the holy markings are created through artificial means . Both involve laguz's power being passed onto a human and both can be passed down from parent to child , both can manifest in random people in the family , like Eltshan , and Zelgeus . I really can't see a major difference . Plus that doesn't even matter why would it not being a brand stop michiah from mistaking that it is one , people mistake the pacts people make with spirts as brands and vice versa . Why wouldn't michiah mistake the holy marks for a brand ? It's not like she knows what holy marks are .

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

So what they're pretty similar , both involve a person who possess the blood of a laguz in their veins . Both marks often result in increased fighting ability , and special skills like jugdral!astra or sacrfice . The only real distinct difference is the brand is heredity, and the holy markings are created through artificial means . Both involve laguz's power being passed onto a human and both can be passed down from parent to child , both can manifest in random people in the family , like Eltshan , and Zelgeus . I really can't see a major difference . Plus that doesn't even matter why would it not being a brand stop michiah from mistaking that it is one , people mistake the pacts people make with spirts as brands and vice versa . Why wouldn't michiah mistake the holy marks for a brand ? It's not like she knows what holy marks are .

All this is of course based around a few different things. First, it's not confirmed that manaketes are the descendants of laguz. It's possible, but not definite. Secondly, actually mating with a manakete and creating a blood bond with it are vastly different. One produces half-manaketes/half-humans who seem to be essentially the same as their dragon relatives even two generations on (MU getting together with Nn, for instance, will produce a manakete Mark as will him getting together with Nono). This is VERY different from the Branded and either suggests that the manaketes have either moved extremely far from their laguz roots, or that they were never related to the laguz to begin with.

The Holy Markings seems to be quite different and primarily seem to allow access to specific Holy Weapons that the Dragon's create. Or, in the case of the unfortunate bastards linked to Earth Dragons, possibly being a potential host.

At any rate, Branded, Half/Quarter-Manaketes and those who enter into a blood pact with a dragon (and the descendants of that person) are inherently different in both their abilities and their very species.

The Holy Markings seems to be quite different and primarily seem to allow access to specific Holy Weapons that the Dragon's create. Or, in the case of the unfortunate bastards linked to Earth Dragons, possibly being a potential host.

well not just earth dragons as Holsety possessed levin though with non earth dragons it's may be voluntary

Westbrick,

I didn't read your full post, but can you mark spoilers before posting stuff like that? Same goes for any other people in this topic who were posting along those lines. The topic isn't marked for spoilers so I wasn't expecting any plot discussion.