"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Hi, I have a gameplay question and a more general question. Parents (except Chrom) pass on their fifth skill.

I've never reclassed, and yet I've had children characters that inherit skills from their parents.

Like Brady as a priest with Astra. Bwahahahahahahaha.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have a gameplay question and a more general question. Parents (except Chrom) pass on their fifth skill. But to even have five skills they have to reclass at least once. Let's say I want Soiree/Sully to pass Astra to Chrom's children - is it even feasible to get her to lvl 10, reclass, then take her all the way to lvl 5 promoted before her first child joins? Would it be possible to pass a promoted lvl 15 skill in time for the child to play a role in the main story?

The last available skill (skills that aren't DLC skill or Special Dance) will be passed down. Doesn't have to be the 5th.

My other question concerns the descriptions in the character introduction page. Almost all of the characters are defined by some weird personality quirk (hidden candy, tripping and falling, has the mentality of a child). Can the characters in this game be taken seriously? As heroes and professional soldiers?

Yes and no. The main story has them protrayed seriously, but once you enter certain sidequests and support conversations, it's anything goes.

Gaia and Sumia can be serious in Gaia/Libera A and Sumia/Cynthia all, for example. Anyone can be serious in at least some conversations.

So Special Dance can't be passed down? Interesting. It does make sense, though, as it doesn't apply to other classes.

Would it be possible to pass a promoted lvl 15 skill in time for the child to play a role in the main story?

It's possible, but it can be difficult to manage if you're not grinding. It's definitely limited to skills available in direct promotions as opposed to reclasses for feasible, fast options. Early-joining characters have an easier time reaching the necessary levels in time, especially MU due to War Experience. And as MU has the possibility of passing down Rainbow Cry, the best skill in the game, to two kids at once, it's definitely the most notable example. Passing down Rainbow Cry is definitely worth waiting a chapter or two to recruit Mark, which should be all it takes.

Edited by Othin

When a sage or battle monk use their staff, is it equipped to them like a weapon as like in Radiant Dawn? Or are they still equipped with the previously used weapon like the older games. If its like radiant dawn, can the unit attack back with the staff like in Radiant Dawn?

Does Mark still join if MU is benched from Chapter 3 onwards (and has no S supports)?

Mark, like all non-Lucina children, joins only through a sidequest only accessible after pairing their parents. So no.

About the Spotpass content. Do you get to keep it or do you need to download it again when you start a new save?

I'm kinda worried that Nintendo stops to distribute them eventually.

You keep it. You need to re-activate it through the Wireless menu, but there's no delay like when you're actually downloading it.

Is there any disadvantage to doubling? I've noticed that there are so many things doubling can help you with in the game and I was wondering if sometimes there wasn't, and in what situation you wouldn't double.

Doubling is essentially trading 2 good units for 1 great one, so situations where you'd rather have more units on the field--like guarding NPCs or closing choke points--make individual units preferable. Also, the secondary unit has less exp oppurtunity, so if you constantly double and don't rotate your pairs some units will fall behind.

Is there any disadvantage to doubling? I've noticed that there are so many things doubling can help you with in the game and I was wondering if sometimes there wasn't, and in what situation you wouldn't double.

What ego said, the advantage are a lack of exp for one unit and having fewer units. The advantages due, more times than not, outweigh the disadvantages. I find most people generally double most of the time.

It also depends on the difficulty level. On lower difficulty levels, characters can do fine outside of Double, so you can work faster by keeping them that way. On higher levels, you don't have that luxury.

What ego said, the advantage are a lack of exp for one unit and having fewer units. The advantages due, more times than not, outweigh the disadvantages. I find most people generally double most of the time.

And in Lunatic, it's essentially necessary.

I'm stuck on Chapter 2 even though I'm on casual simply because I don't know how to manage them properly against the horrendously buff enemies. And I can't grind because it's on the beginning chapters.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i can understand, the doubling system doubles the stats, and only one char gets the experience correct? Then if the AI atack one character that is doubled, the two attack back at the ai or is it just one of them,? but the one that attacked the ai has his stats doubled?

can someone answer these question and tell me if i missed anything?

Double works exactly the same on the enemy phase as it does on the player phase.

And the secondary person in double gets a little exp, but nowhere near as much as the primary.

The thing is i'm not sure how the double works in the player phasesad.gif Could you elaborate a bit more, please?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i can understand, the doubling system doubles the stats

No, they do not double stats.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/double.html

It depends on the supporting character's stats, their class, and the support bonus.

SumiaDoublingwithKrom.png