"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally beat Lunatic, i was trying to beat it without having Frederick stomp everything and without anyone dieing.

Best of all : i didn't had to rely on dodges/dual attacks/crits/lucky tile items to win! Well, except two times.

On Prologue i actually gave Frederick the Bronze Sword, which would allow him to not one shot myrmidons and mages so Chrom/Avatar could farm. Altough i did one shoted a myrmidon and a mage from that group of 5 near the boss.

On Ch1, i actually made 2 mistakes and they could have costed me the run. The first was not checking every enemy weapon, and Frederick had the Silver Lance equipped and faced a Risen with a Hammer who would one shot him. He dodge an about 50% hit rate and killed the guy doubling him.

The 2nd mistake was where i positioned Chrom wrong when there was only the Risen Chief to beat. Chrom had like 10 HP and would get hit by a 12 Short Axe attack, but the gods of RNG chose to reward me for my persistense and he dodged a 53%! I killed the guy on player phase.

Pretty much i got everyone on the northeast forest, using trees and having the enemy on plains, weakening and poking, then killing them. At the end had 2 guys and Risen Chief, i had to retreat further into the forest, but they get pretty slowed there so i never had to face more than 2 at any given time. Altough those 2 guys got 10 dodge.

Frederick got lvl 2 at the very end of Ch1 when he hitted the Risen Chief to help weaken it. He needed to use a vulnerarie on Ch1 while weaking enemies.

Chrom was lvl 4, more than halfway to 5 i think.

Avatar was also lvl 4. I chose SPD attribute and STR for flaw as i don't like low Luck and enemies with lucky crits. And i was using him as a mage anyway. I chose SPD because i wanted him to get as much EXP as possible so i had to have him purposely tank a hit from two myrmidons without getting doubled and killed in Prologue. Used 2 vulneraries doing that.

Lissa was lvl 2, almost 3.

Virion was halfway to 2.

Sully didn't got any exp, she would get doubled by the axe guys, so i just paired her with Chrom and had Frederick/Avatar.

Are they at decent levels ? I guess there are better ways to do these chapters, but it worked for me =p. I guess it can be even easier if you have the Renown thing and can get some items for Ch1 as well ?

Okay... Where can I buy Noble Rapiers?

Paris's map, after his sidequest gets released and you clear it. Note that his sidequest is the hardest non-DLC map in the game, and is only available after completing Ch25.

Also, Prince Marth's SpotPass team sells them, although only one for every time you summon them. But you can summon them again as often as you want so whatever.

Ooh, a question from me.

Do Dual Strikes only trigger during the 2 attacks of a double attack, or do they trigger during each Brave hit too?

They can trigger between Brave hits, and I'm 99% sure I've seen them trigger after a pair of Brave hits. I haven't seen them do both, but it seems like it should be possible.

They can trigger between Brave hits, and I'm 99% sure I've seen them trigger after a pair of Brave hits. I haven't seen them do both, but it seems like it should be possible.

Yowch, that sounds mean.

I suppose if the support unit has a Brave weapon too, they'll attack twice during a Dual Strike, right?

How about Astra hits? It would be really nasty if you could trigger Dual Strikes between each hit O__o

No, you can't, say, make your partnet hit 5 times by launching Astra.

And speaking of Astra, if an enemy has Astra and your partner Dual Guards you (whatever it is in English), all 5 attacks will be blocked. It's amusing to see this in animated form.

Ooh, a question from me.

Do Dual Strikes only trigger during the 2 attacks of a double attack, or do they trigger during each Brave hit too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVtRaXspiVk

Yep, they trigger during brave hits too. And if the dual-attack partner has a Brave weapon too... lol

Yowch, that sounds mean.

I suppose if the support unit has a Brave weapon too, they'll attack twice during a Dual Strike, right?

How about Astra hits? It would be really nasty if you could trigger Dual Strikes between each hit O__o

And as you can see, nope, it does not trigger between each Astra hit.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Hey shadow, you wouldn't happen to have a female assassin in your rosters that you can screenshot for me, would you? I don't care if it's the generic outfit, I just want to see what it looks like. lol

Also, a question about the website: Is there no information available for the Bride and Demon Fighter growth rates? My friend is planning to be a Bride but there's no information on the DLC classes.

Yeah... A massive cleavage window and enormous high heeled sandals. An truly outstanding design indeed.

God knows, we don't see that kind of design very often in fantasy. After all, sandals are so underused.

Anyway, I hope Assassin isn't a profession that requires her to run or to move very quickly.

Edited by BrightBow

Yeah... A massive cleavage window and enormous high heeled sandals. An truly outstanding design indeed.

God knows, we don't see that kind of design very often in fantasy. Sandals are so underused.

Anyway, I hope Assassin isn't a profession that requires her to move very quickly.

I'm sure assassins spend most of their time hiding and sneaking around. *smacked*

Eh, I like it better than some of the other whacky designs in this game. >>

Edited by MagicLeafy