"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone like Donnel so much?

Because we all love seeing a bunch of +1 appear every time he levels up. Plus he gets 48 Luck +2 (from Stats +2) and Amrsthrift to go nuts with Helswath and Ragnell and all of the other shiny weapons. He's also a one-man wrecking crew when you eventually get him out of that horrible Villager class.

Because we all love seeing a bunch of +1 appear every time he levels up. Plus he gets 48 Luck +2 (from Stats +2) and Amrsthrift to go nuts with Helswath and Ragnell and all of the other shiny weapons. He's also a one-man wrecking crew when you eventually get him out of that horrible Villager class.

but this doesn't really matter once Limit Break comes out, you have to actively try to screw someone out of having 40+ luck naturally

How many tonics/confects can you use on any given character before/during the current skirmish? I don't own the game but I want to know the maximum amount of Tonics that a character can get towards any given stat for a single chapter/skirmish.

How many tonics/confects can you use on any given character before/during the current skirmish? I don't own the game but I want to know the maximum amount of Tonics that a character can get towards any given stat for a single chapter/skirmish.

Only 1 tonic for each stat. Confects and Tiki's Tear affect multiple stats, but they're limited all the same.

Have I got this right about internal levels?

For example, if Donnel uses a Second Seal as a Level 15 Villager and becomes a Level 1 Mercenary, his internal Level will be [1 + (15 - 1) / 2] = 8.

If he then uses a Master Seal as a Level 10 Mercenary to become a Level 1 Hero, his internal Level will be [1 + 20 + (15 - 1) / 2] = 28 (or 20 on Normal mode).

Finally (for the purpose of this example), if he then uses a Second Seal as a Level 15 Hero to become a Level 1 Bow Knight, his internal Level will be [1 + 20 + (15 - 1) / 2 + (15 + 20 - 1) / 2] = 45 (or 20 or Normal mode, 30 on Hard mode).

Edited by VincentASM
Fixed typo

um, i'm pretty sure using Master Seals doesn't count towards the internal level, otherwise promoting would add 20 levels twice (one for promoted class, another for internal level)

unless you're merging the +20 for promoted classes into internal level......but that doesn't seem right

Edited by shadykid

I always say it this way to make it easier.

Total level = internal level + current level

Your calculations look correct though.

@shadykid master seals add indirectly to internal level since you count as a +20 levels unit. But second sealing only grabs half of thoose levels.

For example fresh grandmaster at level 20 second seals to a mercenary

1+ (40 -1 /2) = 20. So the mercenary is leveling as a lvl 20 unit.

But if you second seal directly into a promoted class you have to keep +20 on the total level.

Same case as above except change into hero

1 +20 (40 -1/2) = 40

So the unit lvl is 40 for leveling purpose.

"Edit"

A double take on your second example makes me feel something is off, but i'll have to get on my comp. This ipad makes formatting impossible

"Edit"

Ok lesse.

15 villager to 1 mercenary

Total level = internal level + current level

1 + (15 -1 /2) = 8 + 7 to internal level

Internal level 7 + current level of 1 = Total level of 8

10 mercenary to 1 hero

1 + 20 + 7 = 28

Internal 7 + current 21 = Total level of 28

15 hero to 1 bow knight

35 -1 / 2 = 17

1 + 20 + 7 (35 -1 /2) = 45

Internal 17 + 7 = 24 + Current 21 = Total level 45

So ye Nocturnal is right on the money there. I think my way of calculation is too primitive lol. I'm going to convert to that style of calculation if you don't mind. : )

Edited by Deshiva

I'm sorry if my question has been answered before, but is the convoy limited ? Like in the GBA....

No. You can have thousands of items in it and nothing will go wrong, due to the different way the FE13 convoy works.

Yes.

Class Change                      Visible level     Invisible level     Internal level
                                 after promotion   after promotion     after promotion
------------------------------    ---------------   -----------------   ---------------
15 Villager --> 1 Mercenary              1              (15-1)/2 =  7      1 +  7 =  8
10 Mercenary --> 1 Hero                 21           (no change)    7     21 +  7 = 28
15 Hero --> 1 Bow Knight                21          7 + (35-1)/2 = 24     21 + 24 = 45

EDIT - But your part on "20 if normal, 30 if hard" is wrong. The cap applies only to the invisible portion of the internal level, not the whole internal level. The three levels will become 8, 28, 41 instead in normal, but unchanged in hard.

Edited by nocturnal YL

No. You can have thousands of items in it and nothing will go wrong, due to the different way the FE13 convoy works.

Yes.

Class Change                      Visible level 	Invisible level 	Internal level
                                 after promotion   after promotion 	after promotion
------------------------------    ---------------   -----------------   ---------------
15 Villager --> 1 Mercenary              1              (15-1)/2 =  7      1 +  7 =  8
10 Mercenary --> 1 Hero         		21   		(no change)    7 	21 +  7 = 28
15 Hero --> 1 Bow Knight                21          7 + (35-1)/2 = 24 	21 + 24 = 45

EDIT - But your part on "20 if normal, 30 if hard" is wrong. The cap applies only to the invisible portion of the internal level, not the whole internal level. The three levels will become 8, 28, 41 instead in normal, but unchanged in hard.

Very nice. But I don't understand the caps.

if i have a maxed out promoted unit that has capped internal levels, what is the max level he would reach for exp determination in total for normal?

would it be 20 + 40 = 60? Feels very high for normal

or would it just ignore the promoted class thing?

20 + 20 = 40? Feels more logical but it doesn't feel right just ignoring promoted class adjustement.

"Edit"

i'm considering the +20 for promoted classes completely separately from internal level

^yeah that's what i meant, invisible level not internal level (technicalities...)

Hmm well that makes sense but you still have to add in the promoted level for reclassing calculations, so it gets confusing

Edited by Deshiva

basically, in normal mode, a Lvl 19 Hero (since Lvl 20 units don't actually gain xp....) with 20 internal levels will have a level of 19+20+20=59 for the purposes of experience calculations

similarly, add 30 and 50 instead of 20 for hard and lunatic(+) respectively

1364280331[/url]' post='2331808']

basically, in normal mode, a Lvl 19 Hero (since Lvl 20 units don't actually gain xp....) with 20 internal levels will have a level of 19+20+20=59 for the purposes of experience calculations

similarly, add 30 and 50 instead of 20 for hard and lunatic(+) respectively

I see, thank you for clearing that up

Very nice. But I don't understand the caps.

if i have a maxed out promoted unit that has capped internal levels, what is the max level he would reach for exp determination in total for normal?

would it be 20 + 40 = 60? Feels very high for normal

or would it just ignore the promoted class thing?

20 + 20 = 40? Feels more logical but it doesn't feel right just ignoring promoted class adjustement.

It's 20+40 = 60 for Normal, 30+40 = 70 for Hard and 50+40 = 90 for Lunatic.

If you have a level 60 unit that kills a level 40 enemy, that'd be a difference of 20 levels, and you'll still get double-digit Exp from the kill. Given that your unit have gone through one or two reclasses to attain internal level 60, said unit will be far stronger than the level 40 enemy anyway. The reduced experience gain is not unfair, I'd say.

(I'm saying level 60 here for the sake of demonstration; you can't actually gain any experience if the visible level is 40, obviously.)

Even in Lunatic, you're still guaranteed to get 1 exp per attack and 7 exp per kill. Grinding will take some serious work there, but it's not like you'll end up with 1 exp per kill like Nailah does in FE Radiant Dawn Part 1.

1364280600[/url]' post='2331811']

It's 20+40 = 60 for Normal, 30+40 = 70 for Hard and 50+40 = 90 for Lunatic.

If you have a level 60 unit that kills a level 40 enemy, that'd be a difference of 20 levels, and you'll still get double-digit Exp from the kill. Given that your unit have gone through one or two reclasses to attain internal level 60, said unit will be far stronger than the level 40 enemy anyway. The reduced experience gain is not unfair, I'd say.

(I'm saying level 60 here for the sake of demonstration; you can't actually gain any experience if the visible level is 40, obviously.)

Even in Lunatic, you're still guaranteed to get 1 exp per attack and 7 exp per kill. Grinding will take some serious work there, but it's not like you'll end up with 1 exp per kill like Nailah does in FE Radiant Dawn Part 1.

Ye 8 exp for a killing blow is pretty low, but it definetly could have been worse

Actually, while I'm here, does this section look OK?

The information is correct, although I would say the calculation steps in the Donnel example can be made more obvious.

Instead of

...Level 1 Bow Knight, his internal Level will be [1 + 20 + (15 - 1) / 2 + (15 + 20 - 1) / 2]...

I'll say

...his Cumulative Level will be 7 + (15 + 20 - 1) / 2 = 24 (where 7 is the previous Cumulative Level) and his internal Level will be [1 + 20 + 24] = 45 on Hard or above and [1 + 20 + 20] = 41 on Normal.

Wordy, but by focusing only at the invisible portion, you can avoid shoving too many variables to the readers.

Are sorcerers the only enemy class that can have tomebreaker?

Regular enemies will only have skills that their class can possess, except those based on difficulty (Hit+10, Hit+20, Hawkeye, Luna+, Aegis+, Pavise+, Counter, Vantage+). If you count in major bosses, DLC enemies and SpotPass teams though, it's basically anything goes.

So yeah, since difficulty won't give regular enemies Tomebreaker, Sorcerors are the only regular enemies that can have it.