"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

I didn't understand, why in the other Fire Emblem games, Silver weapons were ranked 'A', and the Brave weapons were ranked 'B'.

Well, the games definitely didn't consider Brave Weapons inferior to Silver. Every since they were introduced in FE4, they always had a much higher cost then Silver. I think it's worth considering that these weapons are usually unique and can't be bought. If they can be bought, it's at secret shops.

So one advantage that Silver usually has over Brave weapons are that they actually exist.

Besides, I don't see why weapons necessary have to be sorted after power level, as long as the more difficult weapons still have a purpose.

And Silver definitely always did, due to availability and/or cost.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I keep Olivia as a dancer, or change her to bride?

It's hard to choose, since her dancer stats are not that great, but I want her to keep the dance ability.

I would keep her as dancer because the utility can be really useful (for example in Apotheosis). Most of the time she won't be fighting anyways, so her lower stats don't really matter.

Why Bowfaire? Does a bow have the highest attack? Off the top of my head without looking into it I would have guessed Hauteclere or Valflame had the single highest attack stat of a weapon. Course brave weapons kick the asses of all other weapons. Still I know for a fact that Brave Axes have more Might than Brave Bows.

Pegasus Knight effective damage. Parthia's 19 * 3 is stronger than any other base, non effective weapon.

It's hard to choose, since her dancer stats are not that great, but I want her to keep the dance ability.

Unless you're crazy and super biased for her like me, you shouldn't be using her as a combat unit as a dancer.

If you keep her for dancer utility, keep her well out of range.

Contradicting video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsOkHezIRno

Edited by shadowofchaos

There's rarely a single turn when I don't find the opportunity to get Olivia to dance for someone, and its usually only because she doesn't have enough move(but then, Rescue exists). If you really think her stats are lacking, EXPonential Growth is beckoning.

And by the way, I noticed that in Chapter 23 that Robin shoots Thunder magic at Validar in the middle of the scene after Validar's 1st defeat (not the Cutscenes that I'm talking about), but if Robin is reclassed in that chapter like if he's in a Hero, Swordmaster, Warrior, or other classes instead of Tactician and Grandmaster, wouldn't he use a different weapons other than using Magic attacking at Validar if he's not using a Class using Magic?

Edited by King Marth 64

And by the way, I noticed that in Chapter 23 that Robin shoots Thunder magic at Validar in the middle of the scene (not the Cutscenes that I'm talking about), but if Robin is reclassed in that chapter like if he's in a Hero, Swordmaster, Warrior, or other classes instead of Tactician and Grandmaster, wouldn't he use a different weapons other than using Magic attacking at Validar if he's not using a Class using Magic?

Story and Gameplay Segregation.

Why Bowfaire? Does a bow have the highest attack? Off the top of my head without looking into it I would have guessed Hauteclere or Valflame had the single highest attack stat of a weapon. Course brave weapons kick the asses of all other weapons. Still I know for a fact that Brave Axes have more Might than Brave Bows.

We're talking single hit max damage, and Parthia has a flat 19 mt and is effective vs. flying enemies - meaning 57 mt versus them. That wipes the floor with anything any non-bow can manage and beats out the next best bows by 3 mt (effective mt). Add in you can get Pegasus Knight foes with all of 3 defence, bows are really the best way to maximise damage.

I'm not really sure this is the right place to ask this..

How did Weight work? It really confused me.. and I'm so glad it's gone.

Weight was pretty ridiculous, but I believe it was calculated based on the rank and rarity of the weapon.

It depends on the game. In some games it was based on the units Con stat. If the units constutution was lower than the weight of the weapon then they would receive a speed penalty when using the weapon. So you might be able to double an opponent using a slim lance but the speed penalty means you'd only get a single attack in with a silver lance. Other games they just use strength instead of Con which is a bit of a disadvantage for mages but it was effectively the same system.

It depends on the game. In some games it was based on the units Con stat. If the units constutution was lower than the weight of the weapon then they would receive a speed penalty when using the weapon. So you might be able to double an opponent using a slim lance but the speed penalty means you'd only get a single attack in with a silver lance. Other games they just use strength instead of Con which is a bit of a disadvantage for mages but it was effectively the same system.

WRT mages suffering under the Strength based AS system, that was true... In Path of Radiance, that is. Generally speaking, most mages in Radiant Dawn had enough strength to use tomes that weren't the long-rangers without suffering much, if any, speed penalty (the only one who that didn't apply to didn't join until part 4).

Edited by Levant Fortner

Every weapon had a weight. Depending on the game, this weight would reduce your attack speed (effectively what's just now called speed) by some amount, often depending on another stat. For example, in FE9-11, the weapon weight was compared to the weilder's strength. If their strength >= weight, the unit wouldn't be affected and would have their attack speed = speed stat. If the weapons wight > their strength however, they'd lose attack speed equal to the difference (i.e. their attack speed would be spd + str - wt). This meant that giving weaker units like Myrmidons big heavy swords like Steel Swords often resulting in them not doubling and the like, while more heavy characters like Mercenaries could use those swords more effectively.

Weight was pretty ridiculous, but I believe it was calculated based on the rank and rarity of the weapon.

Not really... weight was never 'calculated', it was just a fixed stat. Like Steel usually weighed more than Silver which weighed more than Iron, but not always. And some notably rare weapons were super-light (like FE6 Aircalibur)

About to start Lunatic+

Probably going to end my unit as a berserker ( at least for a bit, until I find out the hard way why its an awful idea), whats my best bet for Asset/Flaw, looking at the table it looks like asset/flaws actually leak over and effect more than just those 2 stats?

For my lunatic I made a Fem MU just for the sake of having one but especially since I accidentally saved over my main file I was going to go back to my original +Luck/-Def, but it looks like that takes off 5 str too? Unless im reading it wrong

Hate to be that guy bringing back my own post, but I want to know this before i start my file

About to start Lunatic+

Probably going to end my unit as a berserker ( at least for a bit, until I find out the hard way why its an awful idea), whats my best bet for Asset/Flaw, looking at the table it looks like asset/flaws actually leak over and effect more than just those 2 stats?

For my lunatic I made a Fem MU just for the sake of having one but especially since I accidentally saved over my main file I was going to go back to my original +Luck/-Def, but it looks like that takes off 5 str too? Unless im reading it wrong

Hate to be that guy bringing back my own post, but I want to know this before i start my file

+Def/-Lck is probably the best one, if you're not going for postgame (and if you are going for postgame, why on earth are you doing that in a Lunatic+ file?). The extra survivability makes Lunatic(+) a lot more manageable.

Nothing will take off 5 Str, though. The most taken off a single stat by any asset/flaw combination is 3.

+Lck/-Def gives:

+2 Str, +2 Mag, +3 Lck, -3 Def, -1 Res.

But if you're not playing for postgame, you'll care about growths more than caps anyways (but -Def is still bad, because you really want survivability).

Edited by Euklyd

I'm going to be going for postgame, I fucked up and saved over my original clear that I was using for postgame

It's just that I've heard Lunatic(+) postgame is a pain compared to Normal or Hard.

...I say "heard" because I haven't actually tried Normal/Hard postgame, so I can't compare the two. Something about gaining less EXP/kill...?

Edited by Euklyd

It's just that I've heard Lunatic(+) postgame is a pain compared to Normal or Hard.

...I say "heard" because I haven't actually tried Normal/Hard postgame, so I can't compare the two. Something about gaining less EXP/kill...?

That level 50 internal level cap.

Reduces you to 8 exp per kill without paragon or veteran.

+Def/-Lck is probably the best one, if you're not going for postgame (and if you are going for postgame, why on earth are you doing that in a Lunatic+ file?). The extra survivability makes Lunatic(+) a lot more manageable.

Nothing will take off 5 Str, though. The most taken off a single stat by any asset/flaw combination is 3.

+Lck/-Def gives:

+2 Str, +2 Mag, +3 Lck, -3 Def, -1 Res.

But if you're not playing for postgame, you'll care about growths more than caps anyways (but -Def is still bad, because you really want survivability).

Personally, I'd recommend -Skill, because starting with 2 luck down from 4 is just a big no-no.

That level 50 internal level cap.

Reduces you to 8 exp per kill without paragon or veteran.

I'm perfectly familiar with 8 exp/kill (before Veteran/Paragon) for Lunatic(+); what I didn't know was what the minimum exp/kill is on the easier difficulties.

Actually, what is the minimum exp/kill for each of the easier difficulties?

Oh right, and another difficulty with Lunatic(+) postgame grinding is that SpotPass/StreetPass enemies give basically no exp.

Personally, I'd recommend -Skill, because starting with 2 luck down from 4 is just a big no-no.

I would much rather be able to hit things more reliably early on than have an additional 1% chance to dodge and a 2% less chance to get critted.