"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The children base stat calc is confusing me a little.

Morgan's listed absoloute base stats on the site.

9 6 8 7 6 7 3 7

Parent absoloute bases

23 14 2 21 20 22 12 5

42 20 20 13 18 23 18 13

(Add them together / 3) + Myrmidon base stats (removing the decimals) =

40 17 11 22 24 17 15 9

Base stats ingame

40 17 13 22 24 17 15 10

So almost bang on aside from mag and res being higher than they should? Are the stats bases for Morgan on the site incorrect? I double checked repeatedly that my parent absoloute bases were correct so it's not that, and the same calcs for Lucina are perfect.

EDIT: PS, would I hate myself if I decided to try to let Morgan be an Assassin for a Bow User in my Lunatic run? <_<

Edited by Irysa

There's one thing I can think of: do either of the parents have stats above their current class cap?

You can attempt to use a Second Seal and then cancel to quickly check.

Otherwise, maybe the decimals round up and not down? Although that would probably be too generous of IS...

There's one thing I can think of: do either of the parents have stats above their current class cap?

You can attempt to use a Second Seal and then cancel to quickly check.

Otherwise, maybe the decimals round up and not down? Although that would probably be too generous of IS...

Neither of them are capped right now in anything, just Swordmaster Lon'qu and Grandmaster Robin.

Also there are .6 decimals for others that just round down, and Mag is more than one point off. I thought maybe all the decimals could get totaled into the lowest stats but Lucina doesn't have that happen when I run the calcs...

Edited by Irysa

We figured out a while ago that the calculation takes the children's absolute base in place of the parent's inheritance base if the absolute base is higher. You can see Morgan has higher absolute bases in Mag and Res than what the parent would contribute, and those are the stats with discrepancies. If you replace, in the parent's bases part, the 2 with 8 Mag and 5 with 7 Res, the numbers should work. I think Tables has been trying to get the site updated for a while.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41467 I think is the topic.

Edited by XeKr

EDIT: PS, would I hate myself if I decided to try to let Morgan be an Assassin for a Bow User in my Lunatic run? <_<

Depends how patient you are. It's a very safe and effective strategy for limiting EP combat (and thus your chance of death) but it's also slow. Basically you're trading time lost to resets for time spent ingame.

If you're confident in your sweeping ability without it (Morgan usually has a lot) then it's probably unnecessary.

Oh, and Bows are really effective on the final boss, so it does have that going for it. Even if you do it early on, you keep your Bow rank and can change to a Warrior or something right before Endgame.

• 1 month later...

Buuump.

So I've been playing on and off for like a month (busy busy) on Morgan's paralogue coming up with ways to milk that map for all the exp possible into Morgan and Lucina, and I'm pretty much done with it now (pretty happy with the strats too, they only missed like 3 promoted enemies). The question is related to Lissa however, who hit level 10 Sage via spamming rescue. Originally I was going to just SS her to a Falcoknight but I do actually already have 2 in Cordelia and Sumia, so I have 2 Rally Speed users already. Sumia's Mag is also non negligble for rescue purposes (14 at level 20/5 F.Knight) if I need a flying rescue user (not counting Rally Magic/Spectrum or pair ups if she needs more, and Lancefaire Shockstick at some point probably).

So is there any particular reason to make Lissa a Falco staffbot for ingame Lunatic versus letting her reach Tomefaire as a Sage, then reclassing to Valkyrie and keeping Tome Rank + Staves for occaisonal chipping? Is the flying worth the loss of any sort of minor combat utility and the mag drop for ingame? She does occaisonally chip enemies for not unreasonable amounts of damage considering low enemy res, and it does sort of help a little sometimes if I need to arrange something via a bookmark backup, plus a tiny bit of combat helps make it easier to get her married to Libra (they spend a lot of their time spamming Rescue on each other lately. Note Owain is unlikely to get used seriously considering he'll come in with pretty garb bases by the time they hit S rank with each other, but getting the paralogue won't hurt)

Edited by Irysa

Starting around Valm, Falco becomes one of the best classes in the game for Vanilla Lunatic and the best utility class for Lunatic+. If you're willing to put lots of combat exp into her, stop by DF for GF first, otherwise Falco is a very strong choice (you'll mostly see the benefit over Valkyrie in Cht.18, and later in Cht.23 and 24 if you haven't class changed yet).

Nah, she's primarily a staffbot and her stats are quite poor so Galeforce wouldn't be put to any good use, especially considering I instant promoted her at level 10 to Sage (which was actually really useful for chapter 9). The other two Pegs would have liked Galeforce, but I made both Sumia and Cordelia Falcos for Rescue Abuse to make it easier for them to keep up in levels since I'm using a lot of characters in nogrind.

Anyway I'll make her a Falco then if you think it's particularly useful.

Edited by Irysa

How does skill activation work? Also, how does it work when you have multiple offensive skills equipped?

RNG roll order:

http://www18.atwiki.jp/fireemblem3ds/pages/208.html

滅殺 :敵の残りHP

天空 :1発目が太陽、2発目が月光

流星 :基本ダメージ÷2

太陽 :基本ダメージ

月光 :基本ダメージ+(敵の守備 or 魔防)÷2

華炎 :基本ダメージ+(魔力 or 力)÷2

復讐 :基本ダメージ+自分のダメージ÷2

月光+:月光と同じ

Lethality --> Aether --> Astra --> Sol --> Luna --> Ignis --> Vengeance --> Luna+

Edited by shadowofchaos

RNG roll order:

So if I understand this right, If I had Luna and Aether equipped, Aether would have a higher priority over Luna?

For further questioning, say I have a unit with 60 Skill. They have Luna and Aether equipped. Luna would have a 60% chance of activating while Aether would have a 30% chance of activating. So, Aether would activate over Luna right?

If you had 60 Skl, Aether and Luna, Aether would have a 30% chance of activating (Skl/2) and Luna would have a 42% chance of activating (Skl% * Aether fails).

Basically it would roll for Aether, if it was successful you'd proc Aether and if it failed you'd roll again for the next skill in line.

How much does every DLC pack cost in total, lowest possible amount?

If you're using a US version, I think all of the DLC costs $53 and that's with the discount if you bought them in packs. I doubt they still have that anymore so you're likely to spend around $70 for all of the DLC.

Here's the page for the DLC for their respective countries.

1)For those of who have played Future Past 3, are the reinforcements endless? I stuck around for 30 turns and they don't seem to be ending.

2a)Does a team show on the world map when I Streetpass someone and vice versa regardless of them having Awakening?

2b)Does the game generate random teams on maps if I was Streetpass'd and I defeated one of the MU's on the world map?

Edited by Magician Lugh

Depends what your definition of mt is. In terms of raw damage, you'll get far more mileage out of an effective weapon. In terms of the actual weapon mt (if it were effective, what would be tripled), it's beaten out by Hauteclere and tied by some other stuff. In terms of raw damage in a single hit against a target with no weaknesses, yes it is the strongest (not counting Lunatic hackforges, of course).

question. how does passing skills on work? do the parents have to know the skills first or does pairing allow them to get specific class sets, allowing them to learn skills on their own?

The parents have to know the skills first, Chrom being the exception - he passes on Aether to daughters and Rightful King to sons regardless of whether he actually has the skillls yet or not.

question. how does passing skills on work? do the parents have to know the skills first or does pairing allow them to get specific class sets, allowing them to learn skills on their own?

Both parents will pass on the skill that's last in their skill set to their children.