"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which DLCs are the best?

Hmm, I wonder if people would be interested in compiling a DLC recommendations guide?

In any case, my top picks are:

Lost Bloodlines 2: Dread Fighter class

Smash Brethren 2: Bride class

Rogues and Redeemers 3: Limit Break Skill (not out yet)

Lost Bloodlines 3: Paragon Skill

Infinite Regalia: Infinite Regalia + Silver Card

Champions of Yore 3: All Stats +2 Skill

...And pretty much all the Series 2 DLC (which isn't out yet).

Edited by VincentASM

Hmm, I wonder if people would be interested in compiling a DLC recommendations guide?

In any case, my top picks are:

Lost Bloodlines 2: Dread Fighter class

Smash Brethren 2: Bride class

Rogues and Redeemers 3: Limit Break Skill (not out yet)

Lost Bloodlines 3: Paragon Skill

Infinite Regalia: Infinite Regalia + Silver Card

Champions of Yore 3: All Stats +2 Skill

Do get DLCs that aren't first in their set, do you have to buy all the previous ones? (What I mean is do you need to buy Lost Bloodlines 1 to get 2, Champions of Yore 1 and 2 to get 3 etc.?)

Do get DLCs that aren't first in their set, do you have to buy all the previous ones? (What I mean is do you need to buy Lost Bloodlines 1 to get 2, Champions of Yore 1 and 2 to get 3 etc.?)

No.

Future of freaking Despair. Just... take my money. TWICE. (Which they did.)

That was (is it still?) the case for the Japanese Spirit Talisman (Champions of Yore) DLC. But I do not believe that is the case for ANY of the North American DLC. You can buy any single DLC without being required to buy something else first.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'd say Bowbreaker myself, regardless of whether you have Iote's Shield. Enemy snipers are programmed to target fliers, so bows would make for a greater threat IMO.

The damage axes can cause to Cordelia would be lower than bows do - assuming they even hit in the first place. In Hard (or DLC-fueled Lunatic), your team is likely to be far stronger than the enemy's.

Thanks for the advice.

Also, I went through Hard mode several times in the demo and I wanted to ask : is Hard mode not that hard ? 'Cause I tried lunatic a few times and... there's a huge gap between those 2 modes ! Lunatic is too much for me, so I'll try it once I know the game good enough.

Thanks for the advice.

Also, I went through Hard mode several times in the demo and I wanted to ask : is Hard mode not that hard ? 'Cause I tried lunatic a few times and... there's a huge gap between those 2 modes ! Lunatic is too much for me, so I'll try it once I know the game good enough.

It gets harder, but it's no where near Lunatic. Hard isn't too hard.

I made something to that effect, in a quiet forum that feels completely different from this.

Source here (although I recommend readers to ignore it)

Don't think I'm suited for some task like that here, as I lack actual experience in 2/3 of the DLC.

That was (is it still?) the case for the Japanese Spirit Talistman (Champions of Yore) DLC.

Just checked. The limitation's still there.

Thanks for the advice.

No problem.

I'm an FE veteran and was found Hard somewhat easy in several games (FE6, FE8, FE9 and FE13). Like other games' Hard modes, FE13 Hard has the problem of declining difficulty. As you play on and focus on a few elite units, those elite units will outpower the more "average-growing" enemies.

But then again, generally speaking, before the introduction of a more varied difficulty in FE10, FE in general wasn't that difficult. FE5 and FE7 Hector Hard just stood out and left the "FE is hard" impression to players. (On a somewhat related note, FE9 Maniac (JP only) is a devious prankster, being easy until the sudden difficulty raise in Chapter 24.)

FE13 Lunatic is a completely different story though. You'll have to calculate the result after each turn carefully, and actually have to reset under situations like whoever levelling up (especially Frederick) not getting speed or enemy mages getting Mag+2. It's much more difficult than Hard, as if there's a planned Maniac difficulty in between that ends up getting removed.

Okay, another stupid question time. 8U; But it's about Limit Break. What exactly does it do? It adds +10 to all stats, yes? So if I used both Limit Break AND Stats +2, wouldn't that be a +12 to all stats total? Forgive this idiotic question, but I'm a bit confused about it and wanted to ask about it.

Okay, another stupid question time. 8U; But it's about Limit Break. What exactly does it do? It adds +10 to all stats, yes? So if I used both Limit Break AND Stats +2, wouldn't that be a +12 to all stats total? Forgive this idiotic question, but I'm a bit confused about it and wanted to ask about it.

It increases the stat caps by 10.

have to reset under situations like whoever levelling up (especially Frederick) not getting speed or enemy mages getting Mag+2

...No, you most certainly do not.

Well, I can't even do the demo in Lunatic (well, not every time... I really need to be lucky, and I never am...), so as for the entire game, well... Talking about this, do generic ennemies have skills corresponding to their classes in hard mode ? Like generic swordy with astra, or whatever good skills...

Well, I can't even do the demo in Lunatic (well, not every time... I really need to be lucky, and I never am...), so as for the entire game, well... Talking about this, do generic ennemies have skills corresponding to their classes in hard mode ? Like generic swordy with astra, or whatever good skills...

They can. And in the case of promoted enemies, they can also have the skills associated with their basic classes (like a War Monk with Res +2, which is illegal).

this is probably a silly question but oh well

anyway, on the main site's name change charts, there's a footnote about the Loptyr name which remarks:

*1 It's not clear whether Loptyr is referring to the Loputo Clan or Loputousu.

just for the sake of satisfying curiosity, I don't suppose that someone who owns the Japanese version could check Julius's parley dialogue, so as to confirm whether or not he was originally referring directly to Loptous? this is pretty unimportant and silly, sorry

"All Loptyr's power is mine!"

Wouldn't it be "the Loptyr's" if Loptyr was a group?

-shrug-

Well localization error, but if the localization thought it was the dragon they'd still call him that.

But IDK just check the japanese version. -hides-

Edited by L95

Are the japaneese voices option only in cutscenes?

No. You have to set the option when you want to use it and whenever you turn off the game or soft reset, set it to English, and set it back to Japanese.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpeVb3blv_g

Two videos where the option works.

Edited by shadowofchaos

"All Loptyr's power is mine!"

Wouldn't it be "the Loptyr's" if Loptyr was a group?

-shrug-

Well localization error, but if the localization thought it was the dragon they'd still call him that.

But IDK just check the japanese version. -hides-

I'm also far more inclined to assume it refers to the deity and tome instead of any of the relevant organisations, but hey, if there's uncertainty insofar as presenting this information on the main site there's no harm in clearing it up

any excuse to pretend "loputousu" never happened

Edited by bookofholsety

Is this game beatable without grind? Just out of curiousity.

On another note, when I start playing FE13, should I start on Hard or Normal? I can get through Radiant Dawn, FE4, and FE12 H2 with some difficulty, so I'd like to compare the difficulty levels.

Edited by Rapier